Zum Goldenen Anker

charlesracine's Profile Photo

Central location, clean & quiet

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 22, 2010

Good location on a central Market Place. Nice fresh looking location. Only negative is that the 6 rooms don't have a toilet in them. They have shower and sink. Except for the inconvenience of not having the toilet in the room, I would stay there again.

It is a quiet location even though it is across the street from a church with the bells quietly going on the hour. But, in the room I couldn't hear them. I would have given them a higher rating if the room had a toilet in it. Even the hotel I stay in Dusseldorf, for 55 Euro, has toilets in the rooms. Except for the inconvenience of the toilet in the room, I would stay there again.

charlesracine's Profile Photo

Nice small Hotel/Pension on Marktplatz

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 29, 2009

It is a quiet location even though it is across the street from a church with the bells quietly going on the hour. But, in the room I couldn't hear them. I would have given them a higher rating if the room had a toilet in it. Even the hotel I stay in in Dusseldorf, for 55 Euro, has toilets in the rooms. Except for the inconvenience of the toilet in the room, I would stay there again.

Unique Quality: There aren't many choices in Eupen. The only other, that I know of, is the upscale Ambassador Hotel Bosten at nearly twice the cost for a single.

Directions: The local buses stop directly across from the hotel. I used bus # 14 from in front of the Aachen HbF/Main Train station and it stops at Marktplatz, about a half hour trip and cost about 4.50 Euro.

Nearby Zum Goldenen Anker

2 Photos of Zum Goldenen Anker

Eupen Travel Forum

Need advice about Eupen, Belgium? Visit the Travel Forum for Eupen and ask our Answer Gurus.

Eupen Travel Guide