Liege Hostel

rue Georges Simenon, Liege, Liege, Belgium

• northeast80's Profile Photo

Georges Simenon Youth Hostel

We turned up a little early (check-in is supposed to be from 3pm) but we were greeted by a very tall Frenchman who was most helpful; let us put our luggage in a tore room, gave us keys and helped my friend find out about ways to get to the Grand Prix.
    A large hostel over 4 floors, it has a large cafeteria, bar, outdoor area with ping pong table and a stage, a TV area with daily newspapers.
    Very clean, the room I stayed in was a 4 bed, all rooms are en-suite with seperate WC and a curtained off shower and sink area. Sturdy bunk-beds with a light each and a very useful shelf, there are lockers too, you need to provide your own pad-lock.
    Breakfast was great; coffee, tea & hot chocolate machines, fruit juice, bread with a toaster, cheese, spreads, fruit and cerial. It's served 7.30-9.30 and check-out was 10am.
    Again, as I wasn't leaving Liege until later that day I was allowed to leave my luggage in their store room, I even came back after I checked out to drink some beers whilst waiting for a friend.
    There's a small kitchen (no over, but hobs and microwave) and with two supermarkets close-by (a Colruyt and Carefore) it's easy to keep costs down.
    They also seemed to cater for large groups with plenty of meeting rooms available to book.
    I'd definitely go back.

Directions: Not too far from Liege Palais train station, walk takes about 15 mins, or take bus #4 from Gare du Guillemins and get off at Place du Congress. This costs €1.40 (Aug 2010)

• Travel_mongoose's Profile Photo

Great Value

Stayed here for one night while spectating the start of the Tour de France. have to say that it was superb value. I found it spotless and the facilities were great. Excellent breakfast included in the price.

• rboittier's Profile Photo

LAJ Liege - Inexpensive & Convenient

We stayed just one night at this pleasant Youth Hostel. The Family Room for 7 of us was clean and included an en-suite shower & WC.

We used the self catering kitchen which was adequately equipped although left in a dirty state by the previous users :-(

Breakfast was included in the price and was very good.

Unique Quality: The Hostel has a bar and a courtyard and gets quite busy in the evenings. There are always interesting people to meet and have a drink and a chat with. The courtyard has a stage and I believe they host musical events in the summer weekends.

It is located in a central part of Liege within easy walking distance of the city centre. There is a low cost supermarket just 2 minutes from here.

We would definately stay here again. Recommended!

Comments