Hotel de la Poste

Travelocity Booking.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• ATLC's Profile Photo

Dead centre of town

Let me first say I didn't stay at this hotel.
    After we had arrived in Bouillon and had checked in at Hotel Porte de France, we started walking and looking for a place to have a nice drink. We quickly found a nice looking place on a square on the other side of the river. When we went in, we discovered the café belonged to Hotel de La Poste and we actually entered via the spacious lobby.

It was really full with people, slightly formal (the staff, I mean) and we had some very nice beer and tea.
    By the looks of lobby, café/tearoom and the way my tea was served (there's tea and tea, isn't there? This was loose leaves in a pot, if you see what I mean) - I think this is a good hotel.
    The location is excellent and since it isn't up a hill, that saves you a lot of climbing.

Unique Quality: I was completely mesmerised with the hotel dog: an Airedale terrier just like I used to have for 20 years.
    He was exactly like my old dog who spent his life in the toyshop.
    This dog spends his life between lobby and cafe. He sits or lies strategically so he can oversee everything happening.
    At first I thought he was somebody's dog but people came and went but the dog stayed. Once in a while he'd nudge the leg of one of the staff, like saying 'I'm here'.
    It was adorable!

Directions: Look at the hybrid view of this map, while you have zoomed in on the town center. You see a roundabout, connected to the northernmost bridge before the river bend. That is Place Saint-Arnould.

Comments