Ibis Dinant

See Amenities

Value in nice location

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 16, 2010

I loved the hotel location on the river. If you take any meals at the hotel or drinks at the hotel bar, the terrace overlooking the Meuse river is a fantastic spot to enjoy. The hotel is conveniently located. I was able to get everywhere I wanted to go in Dinant on foot from the hotel. Being from the U.S., I was surprised to discover that all the shops close at 5 or 6pm (but not restaurants), so keep that in mind. Also, you have to pay to tour the Citadel, even if you elect to take the stairs rather than the lift, but the view from the top is worth it, and you can grab a snack/beer and take the tour there (must tip your guide, too). CAUTION: I had read that this was a nonsmoking hotel, and it is NOT. When I arrived, my room smelled strongly of smoke, and contained burn marks and ashtrays. The staff showed me several other rooms in hopes of finding one less potent, but no luck. Fortunately, with the lovely terrace, I spent little time at the hotel in the room. The rooms are very bland, but a good value. Don't expect bells and whistles - it's just an Ibis. Also, the hotel is right next door to a casino and a bar, and on Friday night the noise outside from one or both kept me awake past 3am. The other weeknights were quiet enough, but I suppose more noise is to be expected given the location on Fri and Sat nights. Also, the hotel advertises wireless Internet, but you cannot get a wireless signal in the rooms, despite what the website says. You have to take your laptop downstairs to the lobby to achieve a wireless connection. All in all I would certainly stay here again if in Dinant as a budget traveler, and I hope these tips help.

pepemorris11's Profile Photo

Beside the river Meuse

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 11, 2008

Room comfortable and spacious. You pay 5 or 10 euros more (sorry, can't remember)to get a river view.

Unique Quality: Buffet breakfast had quite a variety. Beside the river. quite a central location. You can book a room with or without breakfast.

dazhewitt's Profile Photo

Modern, Clean and friendly

by written on May 5, 2003

As with most Ibis, clean, comfortable and functional. This is new this year and is on the river bank (rooms with river view are 5€ more) - rooms are comfy, airconditioned and with a fantastic shower!! Within in 3 minutes walking to shops and restaurants.

Unique Quality: Staff were very friendly, and rooms where comfortable - also free parking (needed as traffic in Dinant can be very busy!)

Directions: On the water front - just follow the road through the town - but make sure you are on the opposite bank to the railway line.

Nearby Ibis Dinant

5 Photos of Ibis Dinant

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Ibis Dinant

• Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed

Dinant Travel Forum

Need advice about Dinant, Belgium? Visit the Travel Forum for Dinant and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Dinant hotel reviews