A2 Bed & Breakfast

Booking.com Priceline.com eDreams

More about Antwerp

Stunning !!!!Stunning !!!!

The Cathedral stands over GroenplaatsThe Cathedral stands over Groenplaats

Onze Lieve Vrouwe Kathedraal, Antwerp, BE 2008Onze Lieve Vrouwe Kathedraal, Antwerp, BE 2008

MeirMeir

Best Cafe

by Bashir-1

what are the best cafes at Antwerp, that open till late night?

I am not looking for night club or pub. I am looking for cafes that is populated even at 11:00PM. I am looking for cafes type which are in pedestrian alleys. Do they available at Antwerp?

I like to stay there after 9:00PM (after work from 7:00AM to 4:00PM, then shopping and then stretch legs). I always go there 9:00PM to 11:00PM when I am in Italy, chatting with some local people. Can I do the same in Antwerp?

how many you need :)
one for each day :)

by sueshearer

Hello.

Was in Antwerp last weekend and found some great Belgian Beer Cafes from this website.

You will find like minded people who just like beer - I don't think any of them served food - just good Belgian drink and great company.

Have fun!!!

Thanks Dannie & Sue.

I will be there for 6 nights, but I need a good one where I might go there every night! better than at hotel.

I am not looking for Beer pub. I like those same as in Milan, or any other Italian, German or Swiss cities at downtown pedestrian alleys. Again not Beer.

I found the following:
The Bistro
Docks

well on the Market square you have De Engel and The Bengel
and they are very popular for locals
also Quinten Matsys, or het Waagstuk or Het Elfde gebod...
you don't need to go to the same all the time :)

by Bashir-1

Thanks again Dannie. I think I have to insert it in "do it yourself guide".

hahaha ok :)
well if you like I will see if some can make time free on one of your first days and show you a couple :)

Travel Tips for Antwerp

The Antwerp Cathedral

by Jeff_thebeaz

My first day of sightseeing was spent exploring. I had little preparation time so I was very ill informed of what Antwerp had to offer. I took the tram from our Hotel to close to the Grotemarkt which I had seen in pictures that did not do it justice. I next strode over to a small triangular sqaure called the handshoenmarkt. I knew I had seen a Cathedral spire at some point but I was not prepared for what I would see there. The Antwerp Cathedral was incredible to say the least. I spent firty-five minutes jsut looking at the vignettes in thee doorway!

Antwerp Tip

by malejka

What can I say?!? I live in this city... .

It's nice to walk through the center and hear people talk in all kinds of languages. Just have a seat near a fountain or on an bench and simply enjoy watching the people of all different cultures.

Buildings and statues

by tompt

Walking along the Meir, a major shopping street in Antwerp you just have to look around and up once in a while. The shopwindows are nice to see but don't miss the buildings and statues along the way.

In this picture you see the statue of Antony van Dyck, who lived from 1599-1641. He was a famous painter from Antwerp. More about him, his life and work can be found at this website: http://www.vandyck.co.uk

Behind the statue is a building with a golden figure of electra on top. It used to be a building of the electricity company.

Now, with the transformation...

by Ronald_T

Now, with the transformation of the Central Station, the front gate is not on the Queen Astrid Square anymore. It was under the pressure of the shopkeepers in the Keyserlei that the portal removed to the front of their street. The reason of this is very normal, more shoppers! As I am not a shopper, I will not make any advertising by taking pictures here, although, nice but very expensive pubs and restaurants have their place here. Nevertheless, this way brings you to the Meir. It is there where your visiting to the old part of Antwerp begins. Notice this beautiful house in the beginning of the Meir.

Sint Andries kerk/Saint...

by irisbe

Sint Andries kerk/Saint Andrew's Church.
I have put some of the info I found on the small pape, that you can buy in the church,
in my travelogues.
I hope I can add some more pictures with the accordingly info over the next months. Situated in the Sint Andries area of the city (between the old centre and the South)

Pls feel free to visit my travelogues

Comments