Antwerp Diamond Hotel

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 20% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• exitnotebook's Profile Photo

Excellent Hotel Deal in Antwerp

I stayed at the Diamond Hotel, for only 65€ a night, which got me a suite with a Queen-sized bed, a kitchenette, a writing table, arm chair, sofa, satellite television and a bathroom with a balcony looking out on the city. There was a big conference going on in the city that weekend and they definitely could have charged way more for the room.

Unique Quality: In terms of amenities, beyond the great rooms, the only thing that stood out as unique were the apples at the front desk. I'm a sucker for little touches like that, especially amenities I can eat.

• Decent place to stay

I don't know how far in advance my mom did the booking, but the hotel people were able to accommodate us when we decided to stay another night, without making us change our rooms. The rooms were a decent size, but my friend and I could only get one bed. I think it was a king, and the mattress wasn’t the best quality either…kind of soft. I was warm enough though.

Note: we had three rooms in a row, and the middle room (mine) had two large windows that opened, my parents and brothers room only had one large window. (room 366) I did like the bathroom with the tile.

Our room came with an ashtray, so I don’t know if there are “non” smoking rooms or not. One night we ventured down into the bar which was really smoky.

Breakfast was good. The hard boiled eggs were cold (but they had them!) but there was cereal, yoghurt, juice, coffee, tea etc. Try the honey bread! It was really good (comes in little packages).

The hotel does have off street parking.

There is an elevator! The stairs are circular – very steep and narrow.

Unique Quality: At the time of my stay we paid 57.5 Euros a night double occupancy

Directions: It was probably close to a mile, but with-in walking distance of the diamond market/shopping. Followed the (underground?) train to the main train tracks to the train station.

More about Antwerp Diamond Hotel

Antwerp Diamond Hotel, recommended

by jacobzoethout

I booked one night in the Antwerp Diamond Hotel, yes located in the Diamond / Jewish quarter. Thus, a very good location. I booked through Expedia, which costed 74 euro. The room was huge, and clean. It was a pretty stay; the breakfast buffet was good too.

Antwerp Diamond Hotel roomAntwerp Diamond Hotel room

Looking for a hotel

by angelsmg

can you recomend me a hotel well situated and no too expensive?
I´m planning to visit antwerp from 16 to 20 of march and i´d reed that central station is not a recomndable zone expecially at night, is it better the zone of diamonts?
thanks for your help

RE: Looking for a hotel

by angelsmg

i´m thinking in Antwerp Diamond Hotel at belgieley 36, is thise a good place?, can anibody give me some information about?
thanks again

RE: Looking for a hotel

by Thomas185

Hello both of you,
I'm a Belgian and I live in Namur (50 km south of Brussels)
Antwerp is not so far from my home. Please see here below some hotels in the center of Antwerp that are not too expensive. The Plaza Hotel is ok and I think that what you're looking to:http://www.bookings.fr/city/be/antwerpen.fr.html?aid=301664&label=Anvers-fr
If you have any problem or wish any translation , or cannot book in line, I can help you with pleasure.
Regards
Tom vandeneynde.t@skynet.be

RE: RE: Looking for a hotel

by Maeve_81

Hi

VT's hotel travel pages in Antwerp has a broad selection, have you checked them out already?

It's true that the Central Station area isn't the most pleasant at night, although I wouldn't say it's really unsafe. The whole city in fact.

It all depends what you're plans are ; I assume that you don't want to pay a taxi at night to bring you to your hotel (they are expensive!)? I've you want to go out and drink in the old city center, I suggest that you search for a hotel in that area (groenplaats - kaai area - south site).

I suggest that you take a look at the official tourist website of Antwerp :
www.visitantwerp.be
Here you can vind a range of hotels and b&b's to stay in, aswell as all other information you can imagine.

oh, de Belgiëlei is not too far from the station, the hotel is located next to the railway. Quick a big walk to do at night...

Cheers, Elke