Steenhouwersvest 55, Antwerp, 2000, Belgium

the kitchenthe kitchen

MeirMeir

Train To BelgiumTrain To Belgium

LeysstraatLeysstraat

A good store/supermarket to buy beer.

by alex0312

Hey,

Does anybody know of any stores/supermarkets near the city center (that's where we are staying) where I can buy beer? I still plan to go to bars, but why pay higher prices for certain brands when I can buy them in supermarkets. I like trying different beers and that could get expensive after a while. So since I'll be in Belgium I'd like to try as many beers as I can, expecially the ones that are not available in United States.

Re: A good store/supermarket to buy beer.

by Travel_kat

Every supermarket in Belgium sells different kind of beers. The bigger the supermarket (like Delhaize, Carrefour), the more beers they have. Just ask your hotel for directions to a supermarket nearby.

Travel Tips for Antwerp

Antwerp Zoo

by Martman

I visited Antwerp many years ago, so do not remember much. (This would be true with ANY city I visited so long ago.) I do remember visiting the zoo and had a wonderful day there. I do remember the zoo is adjacent to the train station. This is helpful for locating the place.

It an Ok town, Im sure I would...

by larsy

It an Ok town, Im sure I would have liked it better if it didnt have a funky smell seriously we left early, Ive never heard anyone complain about Antwerp stinking so maybe it was just the day we went.

ADVENTURE ISLAND IS THE NEW INDOOR AMUSEMENTPARK..

by eden_teuling

This Island is for children aged 12 and over with laser shooting, bumper cars, video games, rodeo riding, surfing on the Internet and Graffiti lessons.

Near Pirates' Island near the Willem Dock..

More info at the Toursit Info office Grote Markt 15

TAKE IT FROM ME: it is a GREAT PLACE and your children will be grateful for ever...as long as that lasts for children!

telephone +32 (o)3 232 01 03

email: tourisme@Antwerpen.be

Opposite during the tourist info office there is the info Center/Shop at Grote Markt 40.
Here you can purchase typical Antwerp product and there is a wide range of books relating to the City.

This centre also distributes info on the City of Antwerp.

RIVERWALK

by Helga67

Stroll along the river front on the raised pedestrian walkways. There is one going from the square in front of 'De Steen' to the pedestrian tunnel. See pic. And the second one starts in 'De Steen' towards northern Antwerp.

Small botanical garden

by Norali

I discovered it in mid-October when with Dannie and Peter, I was on the rehearsal tour of our meeting that took place on Nov.2. haha.. looks like a serious organization, eh?

It was a nice and quiet place to wander, looking at flora species. It seems to be an off beat place that even locals tend to forget.

What's in there? would you say. Local species but also tropical ones that are nested in the greenhouses. Amongst them, cacti, they have their own special place.

Some things to see too: the men statues that are half buried in the grass so that you see only their heads... head above grass.

Some Koi carps with their red and black stains on their heads...

For the garden being located on the campus of St.-Elisabeth Hospital, there is an easy access to the area. Also an easy access to Elzenveld social and cultural, congress centre. An off-beat path activity: I saw there one of paintings collection I appreciated more this year. A place where to head to flee from bustling city. Some bench where to sit and soak up the serene atmosphere, far from the crowd, the hectic and the noise.

Something that stroke me: I found there a fruit tree that I only saw in Madagascar. I remembered the fruit was sour and had so many fibers that it took me a long time, when I was a kid, to eat it. Sakoa is its name in Malagasy. I didn't recognize it immediately because I didn't know the tree but Allain told me about it. Hadn't kept track of its scientific name there. Fragrance resembles mango but it is sour... Not bad.

Comments