De Bedstay B&B

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Antwerp

celebrating my birthday with my son and his gfcelebrating my birthday with my son and his gf

VlaeykensgangVlaeykensgang

Alex and DanAlex and Dan

Koninklijk & Brabo StatueKoninklijk & Brabo Statue

PLEASE HELP ..................flying from heathrow to brussels BRU

by sally2968

pLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ,, MY HUBBY AND I ARE STAYING IN ANTWERP ON THE 4TH JAN AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW FAR AWAY IT IS FROM BRUSSELS BRU AIRPORT TO ANTWERP ,, ALSO WHICH IS THE BEST WAY TO GET THERE ,, BUS , TAXI OR TRAIN .. ITS MY 16TH WEDDING ANN ON THE 4TH AND THE FIRST TIME WE HAVE EVER FLOWN ,, I BOOKED THIS HOLIDAY AS A TREAT FOR HIM AND WANT TO GET EVERYTHING RIGHT AS I KNOW HE WILL WORRY ,, IF ANYONE CAN HELP I WILL BE SO GRATEFUL ,, THANK YOU

by ROCKARIA

Hi Sally...No problem at all...by bus it leaves from Antwerp airport every hour and goes direct to the national airport Zaventem (Brussels) IT COSTS 8 Euros and will make 2 stops one in front of Hotel Crowne Plaza and the other in city centre in front of central station.
By Train travel to Brussels Noord station and then change train to Zaventem Brussels airport.The train will cost about 4 euros.
Taxi will be more expensive and will cost about 80 Euros.
Hope this will help...enjoy

by ROCKARIA

Sorry...i mixed up the routes.Just reverse the combination..it still work out the same.

by Boniunia

Hi Sally, as Rockaria said, it's very easy to get to Antwerp, it takes about 1h by train (I would not recommend to take it, as we had some strikes going on past week ) and 40 min by taxi or bus(depends on the traffic) The Brussels Airlines Shuttle is very convenient (if you could tell us in which hotel you'll be staying, we'd advise you where to get off the bus)
The prices are slightly different now: the shuttle bus will be 10 euro/person one way
and taxi about 60 euro/one way if ordered online:

Travel Tips for Antwerp

Lively, Friendly, Vibrant

by steventilly

What do I like best about Antwerp? Probably the nightlife. There's quite a bit to see from a historic and cultural point of view in this city, but that's not what we enjoyed most. We enjoyed the evenings (and the afternoons) spent around the bars and cafes of the city centre. The food, the beers, the ambience... that's the memories we take home with us. See above! This and the memories of the times shared with our friends there.

Me, Sitting Tilted...

by coceng

...That's me, sitting on the bench....a bit tilted the photo & a bit blurry too...Reg took it !....Somebody patted his back maybe....

Anyway, look at that door/arch of the building behind me...Could be a church ?....

Antwerp is the world centre of...

by benzerga

Antwerp is the world centre of diamond processing and of the diamond trade. The famous Antwerp cut and the advanced scientific research are founded on the centuries of tradition, which are brought to life in this museum.

The displays guide visitors through the whole production process from mining to the dazzling end product. The history of the fascinating industry and trade that have developed around these little gems is also covered. A complete nineteenth-century diamond workshop has been reconstructed in the museum, but the real centerpiece is the treasure chamber where priceless pieces of jewelry sparkle seductively.

On Saturday afternoons and by arrangement in advance on weekdays, you can see a diamond cutter at work in the museum. Guided tours of modern cutting and polishing shops and showrooms can also be arranged.

Welcome to the World Diamond...

by funkymama

Welcome to the World Diamond Center.
Did you know that out of 10 diamonds you have ever admired 7 come from Antwerp?
Indeed,the constant coming and going of professional buyers,diamond dealers and jewelry manufacturies poses great security problems.
Precautions are visible everywhere and form the main reason for the widespread ignorance as to the strong impact of Antwerp in the world diamond economy,70%of the world diamond production is yearly handled in Antwerp.

Antwerp Tip

by Ronald_T

Most of the time, I visit Antwerp I am attracted by the nightlife. The three years I have lived there where really a mess. I lived and worked at Deurne-South, a suburb of Antwerp. However, after work I usually went straight to the pub and stayed there until it was time to work again. It cost me handful of money and in spite of my good paid job, I was always broke at the end of the month. When the firm went bankrupt, I went back to Turnhout, my hometown. Now I still visit Antwerp regularly, sometimes during the day, but most of the time at night to have a nice time.

Comments