Room National

Inside of Notre Damme ChurchInside of Notre Damme Church

antwerp-bruges ticket fare

by mubita

Hi,
how much does it cost for a round trip ticket from antwerp to bruges? i read that their is a special price for student? how does it work? is the item available in the ticket vending machine?
thank you before!

best regards,
sita

by catnl

maybe try this link:

good luck:-)

by K_V_B

"www.thalys.com" is the site for trains to Paris, and thus completely inapropriate for finding out prices from Antwerpen to Brugge.
Better head for www.nmbs.be, the Belgian railways site.
Antwerpen - Brugge return is 26,80 on weekdays, 13,60 on weekends. There is no special price for students. There is however a card for youths, costing 46,- that allows you ten individual trips on the whole network. This so called "go pass" is convenient if you plan to do several train trips.

by mplessers

BTW Go-pass can be used by a group of people. So if your are with 4 or 5 persons it will be cheaper (and Gopass is not exclusively for students, but for people under 26 aka youth)

by niyagi

This is the right website:

www.nmbs.be

From ANTWERPEN CENTRAAL to BRUGGE

Travel Tips for Antwerp

City layout

by dlandt

The center of the city has three basic sections. One is the old cathedral, its easy to navigate from here because the belltower is so tall you can see it from anywhere. The second section is the governmental building with the old guild halls, has the statue there etc. There is a visitor information stall there with other ideas. Southwest of there is the Rubens museum, which is in the shopping area, called Meir straat. The picture here is of the second section, where the governmental seat is. The walking tours. We didn't have a guide, just bought the booklets for fifty cents and walked and read. You buy it in the visitor information center.

THE Hand

by Nathalie_B

I like Antwerp for its interesting stories and farytales. And the most famous story gave the city its name. Literally translated as "Throwing hand" there are at least 2 statues I know of that remind us the legend of Brabo, the hero who killed a giant, cut its hand and threw it into the river Schelde.
This hand statue is probably the most photographed one in the city. Kids like climbing the huge hand-statue and tourists take pictures of them selves probably without even knowing what the monument represents. I was one of them. IT took me some time to learn about Antwerp's saga.
If you walk from the central train station towards the Grote Markt you will find the "Hand" on your left side, walking along the main street Meir.

River Terraces

by Imaniac

Since there are no bridges in Antwerp, you'll have to go elsewhere to get a good view over the river. The terraces are the answer. There are two of them, one on the northside and one on the soutside. The Northern Terrace is located next to The Steen. It's a paved walkway, just like the beginning of a bridge. It ends up at a sort of look out platform. You'll get a great look over the Schelde.

Meetings in Antwerp

by B_Caro

Richiecdisc' trip through Europe ended in Belgium. And it was in Antwerp that we had our VT-meeting.
I showed him a bit of Antwerp and he took me to some great pubs I've never been before (or even had heard of before).
But at the end of the evening I managed to take him to a brewpub with beers, which weren't listed at all in his little beerguide ;-)

And on 28/11/2001 there was another VT meeting, with Laura (hayward68), Myriam (Myriam_C) and Conny (conny_bazen). Take a look at Eating and drinking in Antwerp

Antwerp seems to be quite popular for VT meetings, on June 22nd, 2002 there were actually 2 meetings going on. Take a look at 2 mini Vt-meetings in Antwerp.

And the next one was last week, with Steventilly and filipdebont

The Summer of Survival

by oja

I visited Antwerp several times and have tons of fond memories. However, nothing can compare with 'summer of survival' as I would call it now. Yes, it was the summer I discovered it and soon found out that I just couldn't leave. However, I had practically no money (I was robbed a few days before in Poland) so I took up any job I could find. I scrubbed the floor of a furniture exhibition sale, did cleaning in the hostel (so that I could stay for free), and babysitted. I lived hand to mouth, hanged around with locals and loved every moment of it. I never thought I could do it. As I was pushing the pram with the little boy down sleepy streets one morning, I wore a broad survivor smile. I met a friend who kissed me on the cheek and asked me how I was. 'Plain happy,' I replied. 'You definitely look so,' she said.

Comments