Corbiestraat 64, Mol, 2400, Belgium
Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Mol

Staue besides the churchStaue besides the church

Mol (means "Mole" in Dutch) underground as wellMol (means "Mole" in Dutch) underground as well

Hidden in a corner, the windmill of MolHidden in a corner, the windmill of Mol

The sound of water is always a pleasure for earsThe sound of water is always a pleasure for ears

Travel Tips for Mol

From the pastor to the "deaken" house

by Pavlik_NL

In 1910-1911 the "dekenij" was built as the house of the spiritual leader of the church, the "deaken". Gossiping in Mol lead to the fact that this neo-Gothical towards late-Gothical / renaissance building was put next to the church. Before the house of the pastor was much to far away, symbolising according to some people the distance that the pastor actually had with the church (representing the believe) itself.

Also in Belgium, many windmills to be seen

by Pavlik_NL

Mol holds in a hidden corner in a neighbourhood to the West, a windmill. These were not used for draining land (polder mills) like in The Netherlands, but to grind seeds, grane or any other products from agricultural source. Mol's windmill is a classic with white tower and straw top cap. A nice sight against the forests that are in the neighbourhood.

My home

by jverstri

"Quiet town"

As I found a nice job here after I got graduated, I moved to this town (in fact, only 35 km from the village where I grew up - also in the "Campine" region). It's not very large, but it has a lively centre, most services are nearby, and it's well connected (Antwerp is only about 40 min by train). It's also great for outdoors - the woods and lakes are within easy reach.

"My home is where my castle is..."

Recently, my travelling has slowed down a bit as I am constructing my own house. I try to do it the ecological way (strawbale, earth plaster,...), that involves quite some time, but it's fun and stimulates creativity a lot. I hope to move in during the 2009 summer.

Comments