Hotel Adoma

Satisfaction Poor

More about Gent

Tourist SignageTourist Signage

Taxi Tariff May 2010Taxi Tariff May 2010

I will return to see this city again !!!!I will return to see this city again !!!!

Rabot GateRabot Gate

Ghent Marriott: bathtubs or showers?

by bixo

Do the guest rooms at the Ghent Marriot Hotel (Ghent, Belgium) have bathtubs or showers?

Many thanks,

FVB

by leics

Best to contact the hotel directly and ask.

Even in hotels which have baths some rooms may only have showers. So no-one can tell you exactly what every room in the hotel has simply because no-one will have visited every room.

But the hotel will know.

Phone number is +32 92 339393

by Manara

All the rooms at that hotel have bathtubs with showerheads. No separate walk-in showers, not even in the suites.

by leics

Amazing that VT can provide such detailed info! :-)

by Manara

In my job I often need to inspect hotels and even if I do not visit every single room I usually visit one per type (standard, superior, business etc.) and always ask a number of questions.

by leics

That's exactly what I mean....I doubt you'd find another site with such expertise available.

Travel Tips for Gent

Official Website Tourism Ghent

by noosewearer

Have a look at the official website of Tourism Ghent www.visitgent.be.
You will find all the information you need to discover this nice authentic city (in Dutch, French, German, English and Spanish).

Make Ghent your home base in Belgium

by pigletsmom

Instead of making Ghent a day trip, get a hotel and stay a few nights. This is a great town. At night the city is lovely, the restaurants are great, and the locals are extreme friendly. More quaint than Brussels, and much less touristy than Brugge.

Check out my hotel tip Just walking around at night and finding a cozy restaurant or bar.

Check out my nightlife tip

St.-Michielshelling

by Groentje

If I'd have to choose a place in Gent where I'd have to stay for the rest of my life, I would take this very spot: the St.-Michielshelling. From here you can see a lot of Gent's treasures, such as the cathedral, the Belfort, the Gravensteen castle and the Graslei. This place is particularly beautiful as its above a canal, bordered by two spectacular "Leien", de graslei and I forgot the name of the other.
I always stand still here and wonder what it must have looked like 500 years ago, in Charlemagne's age... My fondest memory would be guiding my ex-girlfriend through the streets of Gent; she was blindfolded and I was bringing her to her birthday present...

Wander the streets and enjoy...

by richiecdisc

Wander the streets and enjoy numerous examples of gothic architecture. It was time for a magic cure. My cohort, VTer Ann, had been sick for the two days I had spent in her university town, but had been a great sport, showing me around town and letting me show her the better beer cafes that students normally might miss. She couldn’t drink much but she admitted I could find the nicest places, ones she had never even heard of. Still, being sick is no fun and I thought maybe something more potent might do the trick. I had not really tried genever, a Low Countries’ cousin to gin, and had read about an amazing place right next to one of Ghent’s better and more scenic cafes. We approached if from the rear and on entering, saw the slumped over figure of a Rip Van Wrinkle character, fast asleep in an easy chair. Ann giggled nervously, wondering just what I was getting her into but I pressed on and made some noise as to wake the old man from his slumber. We waited and soaked in the ambience and obvious history of the timeless one room, candle-lit café complete with a copper distiller and wood interior. In due time, he was up, apologizing and asking what we would like to try. He had over 100 on offer and figured out what we would like by asking our personal tastes. Ann would try the coconut and chocolate ones and I asked to try something more robust. The potent nectars seemed to raise Ann’s spirits, or perhaps it was just the spectacle of the old man, who seemed to step out of a Bruegel painting, cajoling us into trying more of his wares. At any rate, it worked but it was late and with a train to catch in the morning, it was time to say goodbye to a friend I had finally had the pleasure to meet after “knowing” her on the Internet for over a year. It was a special goodbye as it was not just a goodbye to her, but one to everyone I had met on a most magical trip that spanned two months, nine countries, and twenty-one VT members. Though I had been closer to some than others, each was special in their own way, and I would carry these memories for a long time. It was finally time to go home.

"Dulle Griet" ('Mad Maggy')

by nicoleken

DULLE GRIET is the name of a large medieval canon-gun In the area of the 'Vrijdagmarkt' (Friday's market). It dates from the 15th century. On the chamber of the gun are the arms of the House of Burgundy, a Saint Andrew's cross and the weapons of the Order of the Golden Fleece. The gun measures 5,025 m and weighs 16.400 Kg. It was capable of firing cannonballs of 340 Kg. In 1578 it was brought by ship over the river Scheldt from the town of Oudenaarde to Ghent.

Comments