1669 Bed & Breakfast

Sint Salvatorskerkhof 16, Bruges, West Flanders, B-8000, Belgium
Bed and Breakfast 1669
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Brugge

Brugge old city horse carriageBrugge old city horse carriage

Departing from Markt SquareDeparting from Markt Square

Choco MuseumChoco Museum

Whitewashed cottagesWhitewashed cottages

ostend trains

by cuxwold

My wife and I are visiting bruges on Nov 5 and would like to have a look at Ostend. Can any tell me what the train times are like to Ostend is it possible to go there and return same day. And what price are we looking at if it is possable

Re: ostend trains

by ATLC

Train schedules can be found on www.b-rail.be
It's a 13 minute ride and costs 3,50 euro one-way.
It's a 28 km ride. If you like to see a map, use http://old.viamichelin.com and put in Brugge and Oostende.

Re: ostend trains

by leics

If you are only planning one day trip from Brugge, can I suggest Gent instead of Oostende (unless you have a definite reason for visiting the latter)? It's a bit further on the train, but well worth seeing. The VT Gent pages will give you an idea of what's there (as they will for Oostende).

Travel Tips for Brugge

Fireworks over Flanders

by Rixie

On our second night in Bruges, we took an evening stroll -- it was too nice a night to stay cooped up -- and as we were making our way back to the Market Square, there was a thunderous BOOM! I at first thought it was a car backfiring, but Kelly pointed to the sky, where a small bit of colored light was visible. Fireworks!

Residents were coming out of houses to look upwards; others were hurrying along the street to try to find a better vantage point. We joined the groups of people walking very fast up streets and down alleys. It was dark, and the streets were narrow and convoluted. It reminded me of a scene from "The Invasion of the Body Snatchers."

The fireworks display was awesome. I've never experienced anything like it. In our hometown, we have a terrific 4th of July display, right above our heads in a field, but because it's out in the open, the sound isn't as loud. In Bruges' closed network of narrow streets and brick buildings, the sound reverberated, and I felt each BOOM in the pit of my stomach. It was almost deafening.

At one point, I just stood there on a dark corner, feeling entirely alone in the universe and watching green, blue, and red patterns explode across the sky. I found myself laughing with delight and echoing a nearby French voice: "Fantastique! Magnifique!"

After it was over, we were totally disoriented - we'd been running blindly through dark streets, following our own multicolored Star, and had no idea where we were. Luckily, Kelly's sense of direction guided us back to the Market Square.

Market Square

by Imaniac

As in most cities, the market square is the heart of the city. And of course Brugge makes no exception. On the square you'll find several great buildings like the Belfry and the Provincial Court. And in the winter time you can even go ice skating here. Or have some fries from the chip shop. The great thing about this part is that it is free of traffic.

This is one of the building in...

by greebo

This is one of the building in the central square in Brugge, the square is filled with cafes and many beautiful old buildings. It is a fairly lively place with many interesting shops just off of it including one I particularly like selling witches, carved skulls and gothic items.

Languages

by sabsi

People speak all kinds of languages here and it's amazing how fluent they are in French, English, German and Dutch of course. It's also amazing how quick they react to whatever language you speak. But they all smile and like it when you say little things like 'Thank you' in Dutch :-)

Behind the Grand Walls...Grootseminarie Brugge...

by Greggor58

I was introduced to the serene and beautiful kept lawns and trees of the Seminary of Brugge while on the cycle tour with Quasimondo Tours...The grounds of the Seminary actually reminded me quite alot of the Beguinage...BEAUTIFUL!!

Denis the guide brought us here...and told us that we weren't really supposed to be inside of the gates...but they were open and the grounds that were visible were immaculately kept and lush and green with large old trees...we stayed only a short time so we likely weren't much of a bother to anyone...

Grootseminarie Brugge is a training center for intellectual, spiritual and pastoral training of candidates who feel called to the diocesan priesthood in the Diocese of Brugge under the mission of the Bishop of Brugge.The seminary opened on October 1, 1833 with 122 seminarians.Nowadays Denis explained that due to a declining interest in religion there are in fact VERY few persons enrolled here with hopes of becoming a Priest...

The grounds were quite large and were contained within a high stone wall all around its perimeter...

If you're wandering about this part of town and see the stone walls that seemingly go on and on without a break you've likely stumbled across the Seminary...Take a peek inside when you come across one of the gates...

Comments