Etap Hotel Brugge Centrum Station

Marie Popelinplantsoen 4, Bruges, 8000, Belgium

Hotel Ibis Budget Brugge Centrum Station
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

• Clean, comfortable, inexpensive

I stayed here for 4 nights in early August 2012.

It's next to the Bruges train station, so it served as an excellent base for me because I also took the train to Brussels and Gent--when I got back, I didn't have a long walk to my hotel.

Rooms are accessed via a door code. Mine was squeaky clean and in great shape. They're very modern and conceptually not dissimilar to some sort of capsule hotel in that they make an efficient use of space.

The toilet is in a little closet, and the shower is in the room (with frosted glass), so it only works for singles or people who know each other well. It has a pump with combination shampoo/shower gel. The shower head lights up--as far as I can tell, to indicate pressure and temperature.

Even though I stayed alone, I had a queen bed and a bunk above me. The bed was a bit hard but was otherwise fine. It had digital light controls over the top, so you could turn on individual bed lights, the room light, or a nightlight from bed. I wouldn't have minded somewhere I could sit properly and set my drink down, but you can only expect so much for a budget hotel.

Breakfast is not included, and I didn't pay to eat it, so I can't review that. I wish they'd included in-room coffee. That's my only notable beef with the room. Even just a minimal service of a couple packs of coffee and tea would be fine.

Unique Quality: It's probably the cheapest hotel in Bruges (it shows up that way on rankings, at least) and is next to the train station, making it convenient for traveling around.

Directions: When you walk out of the train station (towards the center of town), turn right and go up the escalators or stairs there and keep heading that way until you see the hotel (go up again to reach the ground floor).

More about Brugge

Just beautifulJust beautiful

Café Vlissinghe,Brugge,West Flanders,Belgium.CafĂ© Vlissinghe,Brugge,West Flanders,Belgium.

Inside St-SalvatorInside St-Salvator

And more, with central courtyard, 1713And more, with central courtyard, 1713

Meeting in Brugge 14-17 July

by KVA

Hi everybody!
We will be in Brugge 14-17 July. If anybody fancies a drink or a walk or a chat let us know. Also you can join us for a drink in beerhouse "'t Brugs Beertje" (Kemelstraat 5, B-8000; http://www.brugsbeertje.be/where.htm) on 14 July starting 19:00.
Fellow travellers or locals are welcome. :-)

Best regards,
Valya and Alexei

Re: Meeting in Brugge 14-17 July

by ATLC

That should be fun, but I can't make it.
To get your invitation more attention, put it in the Meetings Section:

Have fun!

Travel Tips for Brugge

boat excursion and relax

by Carmela71

Have you always wonder where a name of a city comes from?

Well I searched about this one and look what i found..... The Flemish name 'Brugge' is probably derived from the Latin word 'Rogia' (which was the Latin name of the 'Reie' the river which flowed through Bruges), and the Scandinavian word 'Bryggia', which meant 'mooring place'.

Brugge by night

by Imaniac

If you have the opportunity to stay until the darkness falls, please do so. Brugge is absolutely beautiful at night. Especially the market square and the Minnewater Park look amazing. The bridge at the Lake of Love was beautifully lit at night. It looked so amazing. Even prettier than during the day.

A peach shock

by sabsi

This is actually my least favourite memory of Brugge: When we were there in December 2007 I couldn't find my favourite beer, Mort Subite Peche, on any drinks menu. On the last evening at Brugs Beertje we found out why. Mort Subite stopped producing it. Aaaaargh, I was devastated when I found out. Guess I have to rely on Lindemann's Apple from now on....

european capital for culture...

by babeteaser

european capital for culture in 2002! plenty of activities are being prepared.
official take off: 20.02.2002 20h02

the symbolism comes from an event that marks the so called cultural identity of the Flemish: the victorious battle of the Flemish peasants against the French knights in 1302.

Picnic Belgian style

by johnandlynclarke

We loved walking around Brugge. The tourists were pretty clustered right in the downtown area so we would branch out to avoid the crowds. One day we walked the outer ring- not the one near downtown- but the one which encircles the town. We found the windmills and a park bench under a big tree next to the canal. We pulled out our lunch our landlady had made for us and we had a feast. Who says you can't picnic in the rain?

Comments