Kuipersstraat 25, Bruges, 8000, Belgium
Booking.com Priceline.com Hostelworld.com

More about Brugge

Some Infernal-Cumbusting-Engines Are Good!Some Infernal-Cumbusting-Engines Are Good!

The Religious CentreThe Religious Centre

Quasimundo Bike Tours,Brugge,West Flanders,BelgiumQuasimundo Bike Tours,Brugge,West Flanders,Belgium

The Bruges BunchThe Bruges Bunch

Brussels airport to Brugge

by jerrykaufman

My fiance and I will be spending a month in Brugge this April. We'll be landing at Brussels airport. Please tell me the best way to get to Brugge with a lot of luggage (The train seems to require 1 to 2 transfers which may be a hassle).
Thanks.

by johngayton

If you get the airline pilot to overfly Brugge then you can parachute into the main square - you can either parachute your luggage with you using a drogue chute or attach it to yourselves - it depends how confident your parachuting techniques are.

Otherwise get a cab or a pre-arranged airport transfer - try http://www.brusselsairporttransfer.com/ and see what that comes up with.

Have a good drop and make sure you hit that LZ on the bull's eye - LOL!

by leics

Well, if you don't want to use the train then you'll need an airport transfer.

Just google 'brussels airport transfer' and you'll find firms. such as

Won't be cheap though.

The train is perfectly feasible, imo (and a lot cheaper). The airport station is directly below the terminals. You can find train times, details and fares in English here:

Put in 'Brussels International Airport' and 'Bruges'.

You will only have to change once, at Brussels-Nord.

by jerrykaufman

Thanks for the advice. I suppose I can also use the parachute to land in a vat of beer!

by jerrykaufman

Thanks very much for the speedy reply.

by leics

You must not land in a vat of beer.

There are far, far too many excellent beers in Belgium to just concentrate on one!

Make sure you try Kwak.....

by mccalpin

It's been a few years since I was in Brugge, but I was there on a business trip (so, extra clothing) and with my wife and her mother (more luggage)...and when we go to Brugge on the train from Brussels, we found that we were below grade and had to go up 12 or 15 or more steps up to ground level.

To my surprise, there was actually a porter at the station, but he had to beg off temporarily to take care of a woman in a wheelchair (who, since she probably lived there, certainly had first call on his attention). By the time he got back, I had carried all the luggage piece by piece to the top, where we got the attention of a taxi driver, and all was OK.

Actually, at Brugge, at least when we were there, it was fairly quiet and once all the commuters had left the station, you could do this in peace. The adventure may be in Brussels itself, where you'll make the connection at Brussels Nord to take the train to Brugge...I came in on a Thalys (at Brussels Midi?), so they had a porter waiting but it may be hard for the general public to find one...

Bill

by johngayton

Hey J - What's wrong with landing in a vat of beer? - you just have to drink your way out - HIC! Beer is an infinite resource - no matter how much you drink there's always another one brewing ;))

by jerrykaufman

And Tripel Karmeliet and Deus and Gouden Carolus and ............

by johngayton

Wasn't there an old joke about the guy who drowned in a vat of beer? He got out to use the toilet six times.

Travel Tips for Brugge

Great place to wander about

by stevieUK

Bruges is a great place to wander about. My favourite time is on a crisp sunny winters day when the tourists aren't filling the place and you can wander round enjoying the architecture and canals, exploring backstreets and stopping for the odd beer and a nice lunch. The canals and surrounding buildings.

Lovely House

by codrutz

After having a cup of fries in the Market Square, quickly leave the square .. you will have time later to come back to the Belfry. Now, take you time and wonder as many streets as posible. If you can find one ugly street in this city I'll eat it :)
One after another, houses are just great to look at. This one I could not believe my eyes. How can someone live in such a beautiful house? :) Just brilliant imho..Happy family.

Peacefull streets

by codrutz

As I said earlier, find me an ugly street in Brugge and I'll eat it :) Before seeing Brugge I kind of expected to love it .. but being there just overtook my expectations.
Yes, I will miss being a tourist, having spare time to wonder arround those streets, without a special purpose to find something.

Lucky Brugge residents ;)

Dutch

by kentishgirl

The Dutch influence here is unreal, the language here is actually Dutch and not Flemish as spoken in other parts of Belgium.

The street names and everything are very Dutch.

The people do however have a good grasp of English, french and German too!*

I love to visit old cathedrals...

by richiecdisc

I love to visit old cathedrals but I admit that sometimes I go in just to escape bad weather. It's a place to rest up, collect my thoughts, and make a plan of action. This one particular time as I sat waiting for the rain to subside, an organist began to practice and I was immediately engrossed with the resonating strains of the powerful instrument. From that day on, I have tried to find another practice session but have never been so lucky again.

Comments