Collaert Mansioenstraat 3, Bruges, West Flanders, 8000, Belgium

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

• Rachael71's Profile Photo

Away from the crowds

If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the centre of Bruges, then the Hotel Fevery is a perfect location. It is only a 10 - 15 minute walk from the Grand Place, but it is in such a peaceful area (just by St Giles' Church) that you feel really able to switch off from the crowds. There are several bars and restaurants close by though, so you're not too isolated!

Our room was very comfortable and a reasonable size, and the bathroom had a powerful shower to really wake you up in the morning (and a bath for when you need to soak your aching feet from the cobbles!). Unusually, each hotel room provides free WiFi access, which would make it a great option for a business trip. Parking is available at the hotel, but you may need to reserve it in advance. The hotel manager, Paul, was exceptionally helpful and really made a difference to our stay. Breakfast is the standard cold continental, served with plenty of strong coffee. If we return to Bruges, we hope to stay here again.

Unique Quality: The staff - Paul in particular really went out of his way to help us when we had a travel problem.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Small hotel a short walk from the center

Brugge was the only place that we spent two nights on this trip and I was very pleased with our choice of hotel. Hotel Fevery is a small 10 room hotel located a 10-15 minute walk away from the city center in a quiet residential area by St. Giles church. I didn't feel at all uncomfortable walking back to the hotel at night with my husband, but the streets get pretty deserted when the day trippers leave which might be a consideration for a single female traveler.

We booked a double room with bathroom ensuite, it was 73.50E per night which included tax and breakfast, which was tea, coffee, juice, toast, cereal, ham and cheese, pretty standard for breakfast in Belgium.

If you are driving, be sure to request one of the parking spots, an additional 5E per night. We were advised that parking restrictions exist in all of Brugge and you could only park on the street for a maximum of 4 hours.

Unique Quality: The room was large and recently renovated with a reasonably comfortable bed, TV, fan (didn't need on this trip).

The bathroom was extremely large and also recently renovated, plenty of hot water in the shower but low pressure, the only toiletry was a wall soap dispenser. There was a hair dryer in the bathroom.

One rather odd thing about our room, #24, was that access to room #25 was inside our room. I assume it's for when someone wants a suite of two rooms that share a bathroom but we kept expecting someone to knock on our door and ask to get in their room!

The owner was extremely helpful and knowledgable with everything from dinner recommendations to advising us that certain attractions were open on that particular Monday.

More about Hotel Fevery

Jan Van Eyck

by Dabs

On our walk from Hotel Fevery to the center of Brugge, we saw this statue of Jan Van Eyck as we walked along the canal. He was not a native son of Brugge but he did live his last years in Brugge and died there in 1441.

One of his most famous works, The Adoration of the Mystic Lamb can be found in Gent, another of the cities we visited on this trip. He is widely credited as having created oil painting which isn't exactly true but he did use oil as a medium for mixing paints instead of an egg based substance called tempera.

The Friendly Fevery!

My husband and I have stayed at the Hotel Fevery several times over the past 10 years and find the hospitality always tops! Excellent, courteous service, immaculate rooms, advice cheerfully given when sought about Brugge. The quiet location, yet so close to the centre is yet another plus in our recommendation.

Highly Recommended

We just returned from a quick trip to Brugge. I would definitely echo previous reviewers comments about Hotel Fevery. We really appreciated the location away from the touristy center of town and enjoyed the peace and quiet of the lovely neighborhood. That said, the quick walk into the town center was equally enjoyable and easy.

Both our room and bathroom were comfortable and super clean.
Paul is a lovely host and makes sure that his guests feel welcome and comfortable.

We would certainly stay at Hotel Fevery again should we return to Brugge.

Another satisfied customer

by TripAdvisor Member GraceM

We booked our Spring break at the Fevery on the recommendation of Tripadviser members and were not disappointed. We were delighted with the location, the rooms, the breakfast and above all Paul's hospitality. Although it was cold outside it was warm and cosy in the hotel. As we travelled by car the secure parking was a real bonus. We can recommend the following restaurants, all not too far from the Fevery: Restaurant De Koetse, Restaurant t'Zonneke and Restaurant Peter Pourbus.
We will definitely be back to Bruges and Hotel Fevery.

Clean, Quite, and Friendly Staff

by TripAdvisor Member JOS1898

Had a very pleasant time in Brugge and at Hotel Fevery. I stayed for 2 nights in April 2006. I booked a triple room for single use and that was just the right size - I had lots of room to lay my stuff around. However, if there was 3 people in the room, I think the room would be a bit cramped. The room was very clean - I think the bathroom is probably cleaner than my own bathroom at home! - and comfortable.

The hotel is located 2 blocks from the main bus route. It is probably a good idea to get directions from the Hotel before arriving. I checked the website and although there was directions on the website, I ended up lost. I got off the bus too early. However, a very nice lady knew exactly where the hotel was and walked me there. As said before, the hotel is located about a 10 minute walk from the Market Square which is full of tourist and can be quite noisy.

The breakfast and very generous and filling. Very yummy.

Paul, the owner, was very friendly and helpful. Especially on my last day when I needed to leave early to catch my train.

I highly recommend the Hotel Fevery.

nice

a bit delayed but better late than never ;0) we decided on a 4 day break to Bruge to see the xmas markets,bruge itself and to stock up on booze ! we really enjoyed the Hotel Fevery,the room was excellent(view a bit pants but still) and we got a great deal on the price,as said before paul was more than helpful,the continental breakfast was good and id recommend a stay here.
Unfortunatly altho Bruge was beautiful it was also extremely cold and wet and the xmas markets were no-where near what we expected ;0( as we'd done the gran canaries in the summer i wish we had reversed them round ! You'll be glad to know we did stock up on booze (spirits & tobacco in belgium and a quick blast down to calais to stock up on wine) and still drinking it now !

The Fevery - the best Hotel in Brugge

I have been to Brugge at least once a year in the past ten years and would not think of staying anywhere but the Fevery. Paul is the most accommodating host, full of helpful tourist suggestions, always taking time to answer questions and give helpful advice. His kindness makes you feel very special.

The rooms at the Fevery are spotless, the cleanest rooms I've ever stayed in Europe and the United States.

The Fevery's location is outstanding. Close enough to the city center, yet in a very quiet neighborhood which is not touristy in the least.

I would select the Fevery first any time I travel to Brugge.

Quiet location - good value

We stayed in the Hotel for 3 nights. The room was a bit on the small side, but we were told before booking that only the smallest room was available. Nevertheless, it was perfectly adequate, as little time was actually spent in the room.

The hotel is located down a side street about 10 minutes from the main square. It is a quiet location making it easy to sleep at night. The restaurants in that area are also better value than the ones around the main square.

The continental breakfast in the hotel was very nice - with cornflakes, a selection of cold meats, fresh bread, boiled egg etc.

Also Paul, the owner, was friendly and very helpful in giving advice on what to see in Brugge and on restaurants.

Brugge is a very nice city and we spent a very enjoyable few days there. If you like to get away from the crowds in the main square I would recommend hiring a bicycle (ask at the hotel reception as you will get a discounted rate) and cycle to Damme to the North of Brugge. It is a lovely cycle ride along the canal on a nice day and Damme is a quaint little village. If you feel adventurous, buy a cycle map from the tourist office which will show you various cycle routes around that part of Belgium - but if you are not a regular cyclist you may end up with a sore bum!

Walking around Brugge is very easy as it is quite compact. You can also take a horse and carriage tour around the main sites from the central square (normally a queue). This costs 30 euro and they will tell you that it takes 30 minutes. Although with the rest stop for the horse in the middle of the tour it is more like 15 - 20 minutes and not really worth the money. Maybe OK if you do not have much time in the city, but much better to buy a good guide book and walk around (stopping at the many cafes and bars to sample the local beers).

To summarise, we enjoyed our visit to Brugge. The hotel was clean and in a decent location, service very good, and great value. We would definitely stay there again.

getting from train station to hotel

by LY2007

Can someone tell me what actual street the train station is located on? I am trying to figure out how to get from the train station to the Hotel Fevery on Coll. Mansionstraat 3. I have no idea if this is something I want to walk, or use a bus. thanks so much.

by Mariajoy

Hi, the station is on Stationsplein - have a look a the maps below - it's on Brugges South:

by hawkhead

Once you have the location, try www.mappy.com to plan your route and to see how far it is from A to B

by RufusFrog

We've just got back from Bruges and stayed very close to Hotel Fevery. It's quite a way to walk from the station with luggage (30-40 mins?). We waited 30 minutes for a taxi, and when one turned up we got queue-jumped by a fit young local (I was with my 80+ parents) and the taxi driver basically said tough, you were standing in not quite the right place (there is no sign to say where you should stand). I was furious. Anyway the point is, we got the bus, the bus map is really easy to work out, you need to take a 4 or a 14 and follow the route on a map until you get to Langerei and get off at the 1st stop (you've just gone round a corner, there's a big canal on the right, there is a restaurant on the other side of the canal called The Orchid). Cross Langerei, walk up a little way and then go down Sint-Gilliskoorstraat, this takes you to Coll. Mansionstraat, it's about 200m from the stop. Tickets cost €1.60 each (€4.00 for a group of up to 5). On the way back we got on the 1st bus with "Station" on the front, I think it was a no. 5, it went by a really circuitous route but got there in the end, the no. 4 was much better as it went straight through the middle of Bruges and the route was easy to follow.

by hawkhead

It would be a good idea to transfer all this info to your Bruges page.

Comments