Hotel Lybeer

Backpacking Study Abroad Budget Travel
littlebush's Profile Photo

Lybeer

by written on December 6, 2008

The Lybeer hostel is a great hostel.
Its a 10min walk from the train station and about 10min to the city centre main square - the Markt.
Its located just round the corner by the tourist info office.
Dorms are around 20 euros per night.
It has breakfast included.

They have a small bar and a good common area to meet people and a tv to chill out by.
Internet is free.

Staff are very friendly.

Rooms are small but decent enough.

Poznick's Profile Photo

Good location and pretty girls

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 23, 2008

Easy to find, tasty little receptionist girls, and a great view from your room makes this hostel a solid choice. Not much of a party hostel however. The "bar" closes at like 12...or something. Whatever time its way too early.

Unique Quality: H.O.T. & friendly receptionists, breakfast included (make yourself a grilled cheese & salami in the guest kitchen), free internet, well located

Directions: Just off Zuidzand str. near the tourist information office

Huh? This must be a dream!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 21, 2007

One night in Belgium and then into France, maybe try to find a little village, some wine, some cheese, some bread, some jeu de boules, as long as it seemed french it was ok!

However...we never got there! The first night the owner's son (the youngest I think) got us drinking a beer called Orval (...heaven...), after that Chimay blond (...must be missing...) and to finish Hommelbeer (...a few angels...). My goodness, we do get some good beers in Holland (I live in Amsterdam) but this good? No way! Served to perfection with some great stories about the beer.
There was even a pub with 300 beers but not open on wednesdays!!!! Reason number 1 to stay one more night.

One more night? Duh! The following day was so packed with walks alongside the canals, canal boat trips and cycling (you would think why we need to come to bruges to do all of this since we have it in Amsterdam too, but well, It felt like the right thing to do). This meanth that we were in bed by 21:00 and had not seen the 300 beer pub yet. Reason number 2 to stay another night.

In the end we stayed for a full week, visiting everything in the entire city, Ghent and the seaside (only 20 minutes away) and spending a few nights in Brugs Beertje (300 beers). Due to our first 2 nights we were not able to taste all of them so we'll have to go back.

Cheers Paul, Koen en Stijn!
See you soon

Unique Quality: The atmosphere (laid back), no stress, no party hostel but good information

bpacker's Profile Photo

A single room over here looks like this...

by written on September 21, 2004

See what I mean? Doesn't it look like the picture in my earlier tip? Haha, if you stay here, you can imagine that you are Van Gogh and feel a tad more artistic but don't get all loopy and lop off your ear

Directions: Hotel Lybeer is located in the city center, near the cathedral and the new concert building.

bpacker's Profile Photo

Staying near the Train Station

by written on September 8, 2004

Well, since I don't own the World Bank, I wanted to stay at a cheaper location. Usually I'll opt for a youth hostel as I like the rowdy atmo and the promise of a really wild time there. Not this time though! Bauhaus Youth Hostel was way off central and service sucked big time there. I suppose you can guess how I found out. Since I have nothing nice to say about that place, I'll go on to comment about this nice little joint that was so much nicer!

Hotel Lybeer, my preferred choice, is a quaint little hotel that is situated on a quiet street behind the new Concert Building and a stone's throw from the train station. It was a realpleasure to stay there as the hotel owner was genuinely nice and provided a homey touch to this place. When I arrived, he gave me a nice welcome, free maps and even gave a friendly tip or two about eating in town. Hell, I appreciate anyone who gives me tips on eating. It's what I live for man..

On top of all these, there was free internet, breakfast, towels, soap, lots of English mags and lonely planets in a comfy living room. What more could I ask for? All I needed actually was a nice place to rest my head . Well , all in all, I paid only 25euros for this experience. Great Bargain!

Unique Quality: ->This quaint old hotel has a lounge that is comfy but strangely oppulent with a huge chandelier. You can spend hours here reading free lonely planets, glamour mags, etc.

->Oh yeah, the narrow and twisty staircase is perhaps the only nasty thing you'll face here. It's not great when you have a heavy luggage to lug upstairs.

->My room was tiny but comfy. Kinda reminded me of Van Gogh's room though. Take a look at it and let me know what you think?

Directions: Take a bus from the train station and alight at the first stop ( New Concert Building ) . Walk towards the main street on your right and turn into the first little lane after that.

tvdm's Profile Photo

Hotel Lybeers

by written on September 12, 2002

Hotel Lybeers is a good and centrally located hostel with very reasonable prices!
http://brugge.hotel-lybeer.tobook.com/Belgium/Hotels/Hotel-Lybeer?citypname=Brugge for more info!

Unique Quality: It's an old classic hotel and great value for money, no lock and curfure policy either.

Directions: Korte Vuldersstraat, just off 't Zand Square with the Vrijdagmarkt. Only a couple of minutes walking from all the major sights.

Nearby Hotel Lybeer

Hotel Lybeer

• Lybeer Travellers Hotel Bruges

Address: Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, West Flanders, 8000, Belgium

8 Photos of Hotel Lybeer

View Professional Photos

Brugge Travel Forum

Need advice about Brugge, Belgium? Visit the Travel Forum for Brugge and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Brugge hotel reviews

Minnewater - Lake of Love
Stadhuis - Town Hall
Michelangelo's Madonna with Child
Things to Do
Parking the car and walking
Bicycle Rentals
Grote Markt restaurants
Tom's diner
Quiet Streets and Areas.
Canals/ Boats / Bridges.
Den Dyver
Restaurants
Walking is the way to see the City.
Statues / Murals / Memorials
t Brugs Beertje
Gruuthuse Hof
The Hobbit
Restaurants
Staminee de Garre (Beer Bar)
Nightlife
Houses /Churches /others at night.
Nightlife
Walk or relax around the City
Lace making
Off The Beaten Path
Tours / Town Gates (Poorten)
Off The Beaten Path
Irish or other Pubs & Bars.
Nightlife
Museums / Architecture / Art / Paintings.
Local Customs
Canal Boat Tours/ other Tours.
Favorites
Het Minnewater /Love lake .
Statues and Friezes
Breweries / Cafes.
Off The Beaten Path
A safe City you could fall in love with
Warnings and Dangers
Canals/Bridges .
Favorites
All of Brugge is a tourist...
Tourist Traps
Negative comments about Lace making.
Tourist Traps
Horse Carriage / Canal Tours / Cultural Celebrations.
City Stores