Hotel Lybeer

HostelBookers.com Hostelworld.com

Satisfaction Poor

• littlebush's Profile Photo

Lybeer

The Lybeer hostel is a great hostel.
    Its a 10min walk from the train station and about 10min to the city centre main square - the Markt.
    Its located just round the corner by the tourist info office.
    Dorms are around 20 euros per night.
    It has breakfast included.

They have a small bar and a good common area to meet people and a tv to chill out by.
    Internet is free.

Staff are very friendly.

Rooms are small but decent enough.

• Poznick's Profile Photo

Good location and pretty girls

Easy to find, tasty little receptionist girls, and a great view from your room makes this hostel a solid choice. Not much of a party hostel however. The "bar" closes at like 12...or something. Whatever time its way too early.

Unique Quality: H.O.T. & friendly receptionists, breakfast included (make yourself a grilled cheese & salami in the guest kitchen), free internet, well located

Directions: Just off Zuidzand str. near the tourist information office

• Huh? This must be a dream!

One night in Belgium and then into France, maybe try to find a little village, some wine, some cheese, some bread, some jeu de boules, as long as it seemed french it was ok!

However...we never got there! The first night the owner's son (the youngest I think) got us drinking a beer called Orval (...heaven...), after that Chimay blond (...must be missing...) and to finish Hommelbeer (...a few angels...). My goodness, we do get some good beers in Holland (I live in Amsterdam) but this good? No way! Served to perfection with some great stories about the beer.
    There was even a pub with 300 beers but not open on wednesdays!!!! Reason number 1 to stay one more night.

One more night? Duh! The following day was so packed with walks alongside the canals, canal boat trips and cycling (you would think why we need to come to bruges to do all of this since we have it in Amsterdam too, but well, It felt like the right thing to do). This meanth that we were in bed by 21:00 and had not seen the 300 beer pub yet. Reason number 2 to stay another night.

In the end we stayed for a full week, visiting everything in the entire city, Ghent and the seaside (only 20 minutes away) and spending a few nights in Brugs Beertje (300 beers). Due to our first 2 nights we were not able to taste all of them so we'll have to go back.

Cheers Paul, Koen en Stijn!
    See you soon

Unique Quality: The atmosphere (laid back), no stress, no party hostel but good information

• bpacker's Profile Photo

A single room over here looks like this...

See what I mean? Doesn't it look like the picture in my earlier tip? Haha, if you stay here, you can imagine that you are Van Gogh and feel a tad more artistic but don't get all loopy and lop off your ear

Directions: Hotel Lybeer is located in the city center, near the cathedral and the new concert building.

• bpacker's Profile Photo

Staying near the Train Station

Well, since I don't own the World Bank, I wanted to stay at a cheaper location. Usually I'll opt for a youth hostel as I like the rowdy atmo and the promise of a really wild time there. Not this time though! Bauhaus Youth Hostel was way off central and service sucked big time there. I suppose you can guess how I found out. Since I have nothing nice to say about that place, I'll go on to comment about this nice little joint that was so much nicer!

Hotel Lybeer, my preferred choice, is a quaint little hotel that is situated on a quiet street behind the new Concert Building and a stone's throw from the train station. It was a realpleasure to stay there as the hotel owner was genuinely nice and provided a homey touch to this place. When I arrived, he gave me a nice welcome, free maps and even gave a friendly tip or two about eating in town. Hell, I appreciate anyone who gives me tips on eating. It's what I live for man..

On top of all these, there was free internet, breakfast, towels, soap, lots of English mags and lonely planets in a comfy living room. What more could I ask for? All I needed actually was a nice place to rest my head . Well , all in all, I paid only 25euros for this experience. Great Bargain!

Unique Quality: ->This quaint old hotel has a lounge that is comfy but strangely oppulent with a huge chandelier. You can spend hours here reading free lonely planets, glamour mags, etc.

->Oh yeah, the narrow and twisty staircase is perhaps the only nasty thing you'll face here. It's not great when you have a heavy luggage to lug upstairs.

->My room was tiny but comfy. Kinda reminded me of Van Gogh's room though. Take a look at it and let me know what you think?

Directions: Take a bus from the train station and alight at the first stop ( New Concert Building ) . Walk towards the main street on your right and turn into the first little lane after that.

• tvdm's Profile Photo

Hotel Lybeers

Hotel Lybeers is a good and centrally located hostel with very reasonable prices!
    http://brugge.hotel-lybeer.tobook.com/Belgium/Hotels/Hotel-Lybeer?citypname=Brugge for more info!

Unique Quality: It's an old classic hotel and great value for money, no lock and curfure policy either.

Directions: Korte Vuldersstraat, just off 't Zand Square with the Vrijdagmarkt. Only a couple of minutes walking from all the major sights.

Comments