Korte Zilverstraat 7, Bruges, West Flanders, 8000, Belgium

Priceline.com Booking.com

• Brujas's Profile Photo

Well located little hotel

I have been to Bruges four times so far and have always stayed at Hotel van Eyck (except for the last time, because the hotel was full, had to stay somewhere else).

It is a very simple but cozy hotel, very clean. I felt at home :)

I remember it was run by a very nice young couple. The girl's name was Anouk and was extremely kind.

Breakfast was very good. They suggested a restaurant as well, Den Amand, which turned out to be very good and reasonably priced (I eat at that restaurant each time I visit Bruges).

A year ago I contacted the hotel again because I was planning to travel to Bruges soon and found out that Anouk quit in 2004. The hotel is run by two guys now, who took over the hotel when the other couple quit. I haven't met them yet, just e-mailed them, they seem to be very nice too.

So if you're looking for an inexpensive, clean and cozy hotel I can recommend Hotel van Eyck.

But keep in mind the rooms are very plain and basic, but clean, that at least for me, is the most important thing. The first time I stayed there I was with two other friends and stayed in a bigger room, with bathroom and bathtub, with a nice view of the Belfry tower, and paid around 80 euro (triple bedroom). The two other times I stayed in smaller rooms, which is true looked a little tired, but still very clean and with bathroom and shower, for 65 euro (two twin beds). They also have rooms with no bathroom, which means you have to share bathroom with other rooms. So it depends on what you like. Personally, I don´t like sharing the bathroom with anyone, but assume those rooms without bathroom must be cheaper. The hotel has in all 8 rooms.

The location of the hotel is also unbeatable, just one and a half blocks away from the Market Square.

Directions: One and a half blocks away from the Market Square

• nhcram's Profile Photo

Hostel not hotel

The hotel is a beautiful building with a grand spiral staircase leading from the hall to the two floors above. The room unfortunately did not live up to my expectations of a decent hotel room. Clean enough but in need of complete redecoration and refurbishment. There was no soap or shower gel and the wash basin was in the bedroom not in the bathroom. The room was also very small.
    The dining room was dingy and also in need of redecoration. The breakfast was good and there was plenty of it. The coffee served with the breakfast was very good by hotel standards.
    The two guys that ran the hotel were pleasant and friendly.

Unique Quality: The hotel is in the heart of the city and within easy reach of all the sights.

Directions: Near The Markt

More about Hotel Van Eyck

Friendly staff and good food

by Brujas about De Amand

This is a very small and cozy restaurant, off the Market Square, with good food, OK price, and excellent service. The owners are a young couple, who are really friendly.

I´ve been to Bruges several times and in each visit I go to this restaurant, it was recommended to me by the girl running the B&B I stayed at the first time I visited Bruges back in the year 2000 (Hotel Van Eyck). I found the food to be better and cheaper than in the restaurants in the Market Square. Expect to spend around 60 euro for two people, including main course, dessert and a glass of wine or beer each.

I would definitely recommend it :) I can´t remember the name, but the dish I like is pasta with chicken, with a cream sauce; and for dessert either crème brulèe or a dish with mini chocolate desserts, that way you can sample all of them!

Comments