Le Coquin B&B

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Brugge

View from the BelfryView from the Belfry

Before...Before...

Church of our Lady,Brugge,West Flanders,Belgium.Church of our Lady,Brugge,West Flanders,Belgium.

Bridge 'benches' and penny-farthingBridge 'benches' and penny-farthing

Budget accomodatio in Brugge.

by Maurizioago

Do you know any budget accomodation in town? I've read several tips about hotels and bed and breakfast in Brugge, but prices for accomodations there seem quite costly. I need a single room.

Thanks a bunch.

by unaS

Hi Maurizo,

I found an entire flat for less than the price of a single room near the center.
Very nice and convenient location. Clean and well kept.

Check out: B&B Den Hert http://www.geocities.com/denhert/

Full details on my Brugge page.

by leics

Brugge is such a popular destination (especially for long weekends from the UK) that prices are high.

You might look at bed & breakfasts rather than hotels:

and you can browse all of them via the official tourist info site here:

by Maurizioago

Thanks to you both!

Travel Tips for Brugge

Wander Around...

by coceng

Wander around a place is one way to get to know the ambience or the feel of it.
Me & Reg wandered ourself for a couple of hours around Brugge.
We discovered there are 2 main areas of Brugge :

The Touristy Area; Where we could see tourists of course. The museums, the shopping area, the market stalls etc etc.

The Un-Touristy Area; Which covers the houses of people living in Brugge (Bruges). There's not much to see in this area but this is the area where it's very quiet, very nice for walking or talking with the locals.

The photo shows Reg in the Touristy area. You could see some shops, mostly selling beautiful laces ! Some selling foods, dolls, cafes etc etc.

Boat ride on canal

by Packerman

We didn't take a boat ride on the canals, and that is what I regret. I would definately make sure to do that next time I go. Walking around looking at the very interesting buildings, most in the Renaissance style. We went into a wonderful little candy shop and bought a variety of chocolates and a tin full of candies that we still have today.

Minnewater

by Toyin

There was a time when the Romans started the invasion of Gallia. An old sailor said goodbye to the sea when he got old. He had a single child, a daughter, and a very beautiful daughter.

Bruges then was a small village surrounded by woods and wetland. Because he was old he thought it would be best to search for a good husband for his daughter.

His choice was soon made: Horneck, a young guy who often came to visit.
But how does it go in love? Aaah our beautiful girl has fallen in love with
Stromberg, a young warrior from a neighbouring tribe. She never told her father
because she knew he had not much sympathy for these neighbours.
Her father kept insisting and she kept postponing.

When the Romans finally marched into the country, the warrior of all tribes set
of to fight them and stop them. Stromberg was one of the many warriors, but before he left to the battlefield, he promised Minna his everlasting love.

french or flemish?

by call_me_rhia

here's the story: belgium is a bilingual country (french and flemish) and I speak French, quite fluently, too. In Brugge they speak Flemish, and I don't know a single word of it - so my obvious language choice was French. Right now I'm not sure that this was a good choice, but it proved a fun one: I entered a shop to buy something - and asked in French what i was looking for - the shopkeeper, who obviously understood me, showed me two items (k, she understood me) but... spoke english to me (k, I understood her). I asked the usual questions in French (the difference, the price and so on) - once again - showing she understood, answered the question i asked her correctly, but still in english. Now you should know that I don't have an english accent - if anything an italian accent - so the moral of the story is: stick to english rather than french - people seem to prefer this language

Packing List

by jenn_d

My pictures are deceiving. The sun only shone for one short afternoon. Your trip will be uncomfortable if you do not pack proper rain gear. Dress in layers and bring well worn shoes for all of the walking that you will be doing. Bring an appetite for beer and chocolate :-)

Comments