Maison Bousson Bed & Breakfast

Birkerijstraat 28-30, Bruges, Belgium
Priceline.com

More about Brugge

watching the world go by!watching the world go by!

Grootseminarie Brugge,Brugge,West Flanders,BelgiumGrootseminarie Brugge,Brugge,West Flanders,Belgium

Belgian waffle goodnessBelgian waffle goodness

Brugge canals with swansBrugge canals with swans

Brugge nightlife

by lonnieg

Hi,

Myself and a few friends are heading to Brugge next year and we are hoping to take in the sights during the day and enjoy a bit of nightlife in the evening. whats the nightlife like in brugge, is there plenty to do and many good bars? Any suggestions welcome as we are hoping to burn the candle at both ends and cram as much into our days/nights as we can!

Cheers.

Gavin.

by mplessers

Don't know when/how long you are staying, but nightlife in Bruges is not so great. Lot's of bars/restaurants close rahter early.

May I suggest an alernative : Stay in Ghent : easy to visit Bruges by train (even until after 23h, less then 30 minutes travel). Then in Ghent a lot more to do at night. BTW During the day Ghent is well worth visiting.

Regards,
M.

by lonnieg

righto, i thought brugge was supposed to have a good bit going on but may have got it wrong.

thanks for the advice though, ill have to check Gent out.

cheers,

Gavin.

by bv_brugge

Gavin, if you're looking for lots of nightclubs in Bruges, then I have to disappoint you. There are a few, but not that much (De Coulissen, L'amaral, De vuurmolen, Bauhauszaal,...). But if you prefer pubs and restaurants, there's plenty of choice and as far as I know, they don't close that early (i live in Bruges).

by bv_brugge

Travel Tips for Brugge

Starting point for a visit to Brugge

by bambino36

The central location of the Market square indicates that this was the medieval heart of the city. And thus the perfect place to start a visit to the city.
The main monument is of course the Belfry Tower. On the Northern side of the square is the Provincial Court. In the middle of the square is the statue of Jan Breydel and Pieter de Coninck. The other sides of the market are occupied by restaurants and shops.

Halloweentime in Brugge!

by morgane1692

Wandering and discovering, the best parts of your day in Brugge. Do not stick to just what the guidebooks tell you. If you do, you'll miss the details. Like this cool pumpkin witch decorating a local shop.

Have a truffle or two...or three...or four

by jenn_d

Stop at two or three different chocolate shops. My first taste of honest to goodness hand made Belgian Chocolate came from Pralinette(Wollestraat 31b). I chose a champagne filled truffle to grace my palette. The prices were much more affordable than I expected..I brought tons of it home for family and friends who still believe that I splurged on them! At one of the chocolate shops I purchased 3 sets of chocolate shaped breasts complete with pink nipples. At dinner that night I presented them to the 3 young men that I was traveling with for dessert. To our surprise the breasts had a cream filling!

Obituaries

by Imaniac

Standing outside the Church of Our Dear Lady, i was surprised to see several posters with obiutaries. On my trips abroad and also at home I had never see an obituary anywhere besides in the newspaper.

The travel guide

by Nathalie_B

On the picture you can see the book which I used when I visited Brugge for the second time. It has a lot of interesting information, pretty good maps, and it also suggests nice walking routes. I purchased this book in the US, but I am pretty sure that it can be found in many other countries.

Comments