Boeveriestraat 2, (formerly "Sofitel"), Bruges, West Flanders, 8000, Belgium

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Excellent service and value

Hotel staff offered excellent service and the rooms were clean and of a high standard. Excellent location and a good hotel bar with a wide range of beers. All staff were very knowledgeable and went out of their way to help you.

• tattud_gurl's Profile Photo

Wonderful stay and location

The Sofitel in Brugge, Belgium is one of my favorite hotels. (it helps that the city of Brugge is one of my favorite places) It's small and quaint and has lots of local flavor. It has 149 rooms and the property is a renovated 17th century monastery.
    There's an indoor pool, fitness center with machines and a turkish steam bath. The steam bath costs about 5 Euro for 15 minutes, which I think is really odd. You'd think at a hotel as nice as that one, the steam bath would be complimentary.
    My last room overlooked the courtyard and the indoor pool. I love that there are period tapestries hanging over the beds, with scenes of knights and horses. It gives the room so much feeling.
    The rooms are pretty good size and have a desk with chair, and a small sitting area with a chair and table. All rooms come with internet access and there is a small business center where you can buy an internet card and check your email if you don't have a laptop.
    The lounge, Jan Breydel is a small place with a fireplace and several small tables. Happy hour is from 5-7pm, 7 days a week and of course they serve local Belgian beer. I had a cherry beer that wasn't too bad. The bartender (Francis) serves you a small bowl of marinated black and green olives with your drink. And they are YUMMY!
    The restaurant, Ter Boeverie is a great place to have dinner. (see my separate review on that) They have a daily breakfast buffet for 19 Euro per person. It's not bad, but I think too expensive....just take a short walk across the fountain park and you can have a less-expensive meal at a local place.
    The hotel is located 800 meters from the train station. I took a cab for about 5 Euro as I didn't want to drag my luggage down the cobblestone streets of the city. It is walkable if you don't have tons of luggage. Just take a left after exiting the train station, and you'll see it on your right, across the street from a parking garage.

Unique Quality: Pool, great restaurant, 10min walk to Grote Markt

• tvdm's Profile Photo

Sofitel Brugge Hotel

We were lucky enough to get a hefty discount at the Sofitel on my last visit and it was no disappointment. The Sofitel features all amenities within the rooms and, although it isn't cheap, it ensures a very comfortable stay in Brugge. Too bad the breakfast buffet is a rip-off (EUR18 per person) and there are no parking facilities included. Luckily 't Zand parking garage is right in front of the hotel.

Unique Quality: The Sofitel Brugge is located in and 17th century former convent. There's an indoor pool and steam room and a very nice bar and restaurant attached to it.

More about NH Brugge

A very nice hotel

by Besties about NH Brugge

We stayed here for three nights during a city break to Brugges. We have no complaints about the hotel and would recommend it to anyone.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were well presented and spacious enough for us. We only ate there for breakfast but that was excellent; the hotel offers both a cooked and continental buffet style breakfast. There was an indoor pool and a small gym which we didn't use but they looked pretty good.

Location-wise it's very close (walking distance) to the centre although we opted for a taxi to get to and from the station, which is also not far but the route didn't look too pedestrian-friendly (especially with luggage).

Worth every penny - and more!

by TripAdvisor Member miladdo

I am pleased to agree with all previous reviews- I didn't find anything here to report negatively about ( and believe me, I go looking ). Some might find the pool a little exposed the view of non-swimming guests but I didn't find this a problem, regardless of the fact that I own a body that couldn't be compared to that of a greek god. Another guest complained that the hallways were dimly-lit , with decor that didn't help. To me, this was a bonus.After a hard day's travelling I was please to walk a hallway that spoke more of 'relax' and 'chill'. Room : sizey. Reception: friendly, with good english. Lobby: spacious with ample, quality seating. Position: excellent for everything. Bed: you've died and gone to heaven. Bathroom: large, with a shower that almost blasted me into the hallway. Fittings: good and in keeping with this class of hotel. Bar: intimate and friendly. I tried a number of quality local beers here and every one was like a party in my mouth.
Would I go back? What does a bear do in the woods?Does the Pope wear a funny hat? I'm booking a few days just before xmas.
Highly recommended.

Free Upgrade - Wonderful Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member masewell

After a job move to Europe- this was our initial excursion to another city with the kids. With our three boys - we had requested two inter connecting rooms. The rooms that were given to us were of the next higher price level. They were nice. Also - included in our rate from bookings[--] was a free breakfast - this was a high quality affair which was as good a buffet as I have seen. The swimming pool was small yet perfect for the kids. The hotel was also recently renovate in the last 2-3 years.

What a deal!

by TripAdvisor Member DrRuthless

What a beautiful hotel. We were delighted to see the elegant lobby after our walk from the train station, and even more delighted that the room was just as nice. Spacious, tasteful, comfortable, roomy, clean, and had all the amenities. We wished we could have stayed longer. It is just a short distance to the station and the heart of the tourist attractions. The price was a steal considering other places we stayed. Don't hesitate.

Wow!

by TripAdvisor Member Tanu

My husband and I have just returned from this very beautiful place in the world, having celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary there. The Sofitel hotel and staff were wonderful. The building does not look like a monastary from the outside but inside it is very impressive, even has a suit of armour!

We had a superior room and were very impressed with the size. The decoration of the room was about standard however they did have a tapastry hanging over the bed. Everything was clean and tidy. They had a cosy bar we used the first night since it rained when we first arrived. They even serve light snacks at a good price. We were very impressed with the service from the staff. They do have a fancy restaurant that we did not eat in but looked very nice. Bruge in full of bistros, cafe's and restaurants to eat in so you'll never run out of trying different places. The breakfast was great, it was self service but included a hot 'English' breakfast and also continental elements.

Overall the city is beautiful and the hotel was excellent we really enjoyed our time and would recommend this hotel.

Thumbs up for the Sofitel

by TripAdvisor Member Lisa_and_Mike

We booked the hotel via a Eurostar package after a previous success using the same service to visit Brussels. We stayed for 4 nights in August. We arrived at midday and even though our check in time was 2pm our room was ready for us (although there were some people who arrived who were told to return at 2pm). The room was very clean and tidy and of a large size. We had asked for a double room but it was two singles pushed together but that isn't something that bothered us and we have found that a lot of hotels do this.
We had asked for a quiet room and were on the 3rd floor facing a courtyard with lawn area with sunloungers. We had 4 very comfortable night's sleep without any noise disturbance. The room has good blackout curtains for an afternoon nap (my husband thinks he is Spanish and likes to have a siesta every day so this was perfect!).
We used the bar facilities after returning each evening from drinking in many of Bruges bars for a nightcap and found the barman very friendly and helpful. All of the hotel staff spoke excellent English which is useful as my Flemish is non-existent, in fact all of the people in Bruges are so friendly and helpful. We'd been out in a wine bar the previous night (Wijn Wijn I think it was called) and I lost an expensive watch. We returned the next day and the owner had found it and happily handed it back to me, which I was most pleased about as you can imagine!
We had breakfast once which was self-service and was very nice because it had both hot and cold selections including bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, beans plus the usual continental breads, cold meats and cheeses.
To get to the main square it took us 7 minutes but that was walking at a slow pace and the bonus is that you have to walk down either of the two shopping streets to get there where there are high street and designer shops, plus those all important Belgian chocolate shops.
The only downside to the hotel was the pool area because the changing area was mixed with lockers that were difficult to work out and there was only one shower. I suspect that the hotel prefers you to change in your room as we had lovely bathrobes and slippers to use. However, I am uncomfortable walking around the hotel in just a bathrobe and prefer to change near to the pool instead.
We would definitely recommend this hotel and in fact are looking to go again at Christmastime. Excellent location, and value for money.

We loved our stay

by TripAdvisor Member bauwu

Excellent location, the service was outstanding. We spend five days in Paris before speng the last two days of out vacation in Brugge. The rooms were a little dated compared to the pictures posted on their website. However, everything was clean and very comfortable. The buffet breakfast was included in our room rate, the food qulaity was very good and the choices plentiful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay there again when I revisit.

Great Get-Away in Brugge

by TripAdvisor Member stratuside

wonderful hotel with large clean rooms and good location (about 10 mins walk from the main market square - or 1 mins walk to many great bars/ cafes').

staff very courtious, attentive and spoke perfect english. all hotel amenities were in 1st class condition (pool, gym, bar etc) and are worth making use of. bathrobes and slippers are provided in each room for your comfort and room service is very reasonably priced and timely.

overall, i would definately recommend this hotel and staying in brugge in general for a peaceful, interesting and city break.

wow, how i could not mention the BEER!!!

try the leffe' triple, its amazing!

NH Brugge hotel (on a cold, wet day!)NH Brugge hotel (on a cold, wet day!)

Where to stay, where to go around

by KaterinaJordan

We are planning a visit begining of September and a 4-5 days stay at Brugge. Any suggestions for 3-4 star hotels (preferably in the centre)?

Any proposals for excursions to near by places and how to get there?

Katerina

RE: Where to stay, where to go around

by Samanthi

How about Sofitel Hotel in Brugge;

Sofitel Brugge
Boeveriestraat 2
B-8000 BRUGGE
Belgium

There are some interesting pages by VTers and check them out for tips !!

Samanthi

RE: RE: Where to stay, where to go around

by david_bxl

Some ideas:

- A 5-hour visit to the centre of Gent (30m by train from Brugge)
- Excursion to the Zwin (bird sanctuary) in the outskirts of Knokke (15m from brugge by train), there you can get a bus or rent bikes to reach the Zwin.
- A visit to the WWII defence lines of the north sea, stand over the walls of "Fortress Europe". (check with tourist office the nearest train station)

RE: Where to stay, where to go around

by Karensa

We just visited Brugge & stayed 2 nights in Crowne Plaza. Internet offers good rates. It was a great 4* hotel right in centre. Also, parking below hotel.
Rooms were big & clean & staff helpful & friendly. It was a great choice. Have fun,
K
P.S. Canal trips are offered to various towns around Brugge (from Brugge). I don't think they're too expensive. We just did one within Brugge which we enjoyed.

Comments