Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce

Wollestraat 41-47, Bruges, West Flanders, B8000, Belgium

Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce - Luxe Worldwide Hotel
Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

• Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce: bellissimo hotel !!

The Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce is definitely the most romantic hotels in Brugges.
    Stunning location, rich and tastefull interiors, personal service... This is how a boutique hotel should be ! Congratulations to the owners and the management

• enofile's Profile Photo

QUAINT BUT OVER PRICED AND UNCOMFORTABLE

The Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce is one of the most photographed buildings in all of Brugge. It is a replica of a typical Flemish medieval building. The room I was in however, was rather small with very little storage. The bathroom shower was one of those hand held jobs that I have never learned to master. Not only did I freeze my tootsies, but water gushed all over the room. You need to be very intimate with your companion, as the bathroom door is sliding glass, and everything that is practiced in the bathroom can be heard in the room. I had a window with a view of the canal, but I literally had to stand on the bed and stick my head out of the window to see anything.

Unique Quality: The hotel would be very charming if it wasn't so expensive. I don't mind paying good money for a hotel room, however I expect to get what I pay for. This hotel did not deliver.

Directions: Oude Stad

• Romance at The Relais

My husband and I recently stayed in this medieval gem (location, location, location !!!) and...it was great !
    We booked the 'Romance at The Relais' package which was a real bargain: Veuve Clicquot champaign and belgian chocolates upon arrival, a beautiful room with king bed, precious antiques and a breathtaking view over the canals, delicious breakfasts watching the swans gliding by, great dinner and... friendly and well trained staaf.

No hotel we ever stayed in comes close to the magic experience we had at Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce.

More about Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce

Unforgettable stay at the Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce

My husband and I stayed at the RBC for a short break and found it to be everything we heard it was: refined, elegant, romantic and intimate...:the perfect luxury hotel for Bruges.Our room was on the 2nd floor.Beautifully decorated in antiques, great king bed, superb marble bathroom.The view of the canals and of the city centre was amazing.A dozen swans gliding by and a glowing fire while having breakfast in the splendid breakfastroom. Eclectic antique collection troughout the hotel.Also: everything is immaculate and we received fautless and friendly service.We would recommend this hotel unreservedly

A Flemish Flop

by TripAdvisor Member enofile1

We were so excited about staying at the Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce (Try saying that 3 times fast!) since the reviews were just incredible. Perhaps high expectations will always portend a let down. Yet, our stay at the Relais was so mediocre that we left rather sad and let down.

Our room was on the top floor and we paid extra for a view of the canal. Yes, we had a view of the lovely canal if I stood on the bed, opened the window and crammed my head outside. The room itself was very small and its charm was rather contrived. It was nothing special.

The bathroom had a sliding glass door that emitted bright light every time one of us went to the bathroom during the night. You also better be rather intimate with your roommate as the glass door allows sounds to resonate throughout the room and after eating some of that heavy Flemish food..............In addition, the glass door is somewhat opaque.

We were also looking forward to enjoying the well known dining room, but alas, it was closed and only open for hotel breakfasts.

The hotel is located in a wonderful area, but all of Brugge is gorgeous so that shouldn't filter into any decision. We spent a great deal of money on the Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce and didn't get what we paid for.

Lovely hotel - exceptional staff

by TripAdvisor Member fsd

We stayed at the Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce mid March 2006. Lovely hotel; it beat all my expectations. The staff, though, is outstanding. First of all, on the day we arrived I got lost in the city and my husband walked to the hotel and they sent back a member of the staff and she guided us to the parking garage and hotel. Second, on the last day of our trip my son’s girlfriend was sick - the staff allowed us to extend our check-out time so she could sleep and this allowed us to visit another museum while she rested. All of this is beyond our expectations. We would all return in a second. Bruges is a lovely city – a must visit. The Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce makes your visit very pleasant. It is also one of the sites on the canal boat tour. It was cold in Bruges the two days we were there and the fire in the tearoom greeted us warmly when we returned from touring. You can basically order anything you want for breakfast - I recommend the Belgian waffles!

A Wonderful Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member SS369

My fiancee and I have just returned from a long weekend here, our first stay at this hotel. An absolute gem. We stayed in Room 25, which is touted as a deluxe canal-view room. Although the canal-view was there, it was partial. In fact, our third-floor room looked out over the small court-yard below, with the canal view to our right, which actually added ambiance to our room and kept us away from the (sometimes) smelly canal! The staff, without exception, are most polite & helpful. The breakfast was superb. The room was fantastic, with 6 or 7 large lead light windows, allowing the sun to flood in, and a large bathroom! The location cannot be faulted. If you get the opportunity to stay here, do so! You will not regret the experience at all!
The only thing I was surprised about was the fact that residents can only order room service/drinks until 11pm. However, with most bars in Brugge staying open until past midnight and beyond at weekends, you may not find this a problem. Still a 5-Star rating from me!

All rooms are not as per the brochure!

We have just returned from a very brief one night's saty at this hotel and were quite disappointed with the experience. The hotel is in an excellent location but lacks facilities. We had booked a classic room with views over the canal - the views were as described but the room itself was very cramped and very disappointing for the price (€175 excl. breakfast) and certainly not, in our opinion, of 4* quality. Breakfast was average. We will not be rushing back!

The best location in a lovely setting.

by TripAdvisor Member NikiC

This hotel is oh so charming as all of Bruge is (you may as well be in a scene from Disney World). Absolute best location. Room was fine, nice separet bathroom, we had a partial canal view. Front desk helpful and friendly, breakfast was good ask for a waffle. We stayed two nights but one would be plenty. Stay here above Brussels so much nicer. The town closes early not much night life but this is not a party town.

Comments