Brugsesteenweg 379, Kuurne, 8520, Belgium
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Kuurne

Restaurant near Kurrne, BelgiumRestaurant near Kurrne, Belgium

Owl recovering at sancturary, Belgium, closeupOwl recovering at sancturary, Belgium, closeup

Owl recovering at wildlife sancturary, BelgiumOwl recovering at wildlife sancturary, Belgium

Patrick at wildlife sancturary, BelgiumPatrick at wildlife sancturary, Belgium

Travel Tips for Kuurne

KWAK beer

by Martin_S.

Yes KWAK, that is the name of this Belgian Beer, and like each and every single beer, it has a glass that is designed and particular to ONLY this beer. This particular beer even has a stand to hold the glass since it cannot stand on its own.
Now go ahead, ask where the name came from...okay I will answer because I knew you would ask...well as you tip the glass up to drink, at first it is like drinking from an ordinary glass, but at some point the lower part of the glass will release its contents and make a noise like a kwak..there is usually a "surprise" for the first time drinker also.
I finally found out why everyone was watching me so intensely !!! ^O^

Orval Beer

by Martin_S.

Patrick and I are raising a glass of Orval beer, a very good Belgian beer. When I first met Patrick several years ago in Slovenia, he made me promise to visit Belgium and be his guest. He also said that we would "try all the beers in Belgium"...I readily agreed, little knowing that Belgium is the most prolific beer producer in the world, more than 800 types (yes, that is not a typo, 800, eight hundred.....)

Poppinerings Hommel Beer

by Martin_S.

A local custom is trying all the beers available...but sadly since we were in Belgium only a week, did not get to try the ALL. What is for sure is that the alcohol content is higher than that found here in Israel or the US, it ranges between 7-12 percent, yes 12 percent, like a light wine...

St. Petershof Pub, searching

by Martin_S.

YES, "searching"...our friend Patrick took us to a local pub, but decided that we needed some exercise before being rewarded with a cool brew. You can see the first picture showing the girls jumping over mud puddles and sink holes to reach the pub.
But we did admit that the pub was worth the effort, St. Petershof is a pub with its own style, the owner-bartender has made every effort to "decorate" the place with newspapers, books, pamphlets, farm utensils and other various things lying around the pub. You feel right at home.
And it was my chance to try the Kwak beer.
Maybe we can even get an address or directions from Patrick and Lea on HOW to reach St. Petershof Pub.....

Why visit Belgium....Patrick and Lea of course

by Martin_S.

I cannot think of a better reason to visit a place than to visit friends. Patrick and Lea have been friends now for several years since we first met in Slovenia. They invited us into their home and hearts and we enjoyed every minute of it. They took the time to show us around their area and made sure that we will come back.

Just a little piece of the peaceful countryside near Patrick and Lea's home, we will come back and do some hiking with Patrick.

Comments