Ter Streep

Boat trips from OostendeBoat trips from Oostende

Fish market OostendeFish market Oostende

How much$$?

by ziarox11

How much money do some of these places cost? I would like to know the most expensive one. I like to treat myself out to dinner sometimes.

Re: How much$$?

by ATLC

Villa Maritza looks to be the best restaurant in Oostende, according to Michelin. It has a rating 3. That's not quite a Michelin star but almost.
Should have a lovely sea view as it is on the promenade.

Details:

Meal prices (€):
40/80 house wine incl., menu 52/81

Cuisine:
contemporary

Comments:
An elegant middle-class residence dating back to the 19th century, the Villa Maritza is faithful to the era in which it was built: delicate cabinetry, rich panelling and tapestries. Cuisine for today's tastes.

Re: How much$$?

by ATLC

Here's a photo of Villa Maritza:

Travel Tips for Oostende

My first trip to Europe 1967

by intertraveler

Oostende was my first trip abroad. we sailed from dover to Oostende. I think it was in July.
This town as a very good beach with plenty of sov shops a harbour lots of bars and caffes. It is.very close to France and Holland.handy for a day trip to these countries.
We also went on a day trip top Holland on a ferry I think it was Middleburg?. I have been to Oostende 3 times.
My last visit was 1971. We went for a long weekend and we arived about 7am and I remember nocking on the hotel doors looking for cheap room to stay. We found one ok.
I can remember driving to Bruges and having a few drinks in a bar the bar man kept feeding us with cheese.
I have a lot of memories about Belgium. I liked the food and especialy the beer.

If you are one of the unhappy...

by irisbe

If you are one of the unhappy few that really wants to get rid of his/her money because it is aching and itching so much in your pocket, then you can go to the local casino '-)
or you can give it to sharity and save you a boring night at the roulette hehehe
NOW !!! I am KIDDING!!!
I think?...

Paulusfeesten

by singel

Some 20 years ago a group of friends found it a pity that Christmas happens in wintertime, so you can't celebrate outside. They started celebrating Christmas in mid-august (around the 15th), complete with christmas trees and lights. Since that date every year close to the St Petrus and Paulusschurch, there is the 'Paulusfeesten'. A very local festival (7 days) where fun is at the center of everybodys thoughts. Sometimes people scarcely see their beds during this period.

Bredene : Nude beach

by benidormone

If you want to go to a nude beach you'll have to go to Bredene. It is Oostende's neighbour. The only official nude beach in Belgium. I must say the beach is to small its only 200meters long. On sunny days it is much to crowded, the sad thing is the beach behind the nude beach is almost empty but don't go nude there or you will be in trouble. To go there take the tram in the direction of Knokke and get off at Renbaan, follow the signs and you'll reach the beach. To all of you, if you go to a nudebeach don't wear swimwear because there are still much more textile beaches than nudebeaches.

ZARA OOSTENDE (New - after Summer 2009)

by Innovator about ZARA OOSTENDE

After the summer of 2009, the "Mercatorpand" (Kapellestraat) will be renovated into a very big "ZARA" shop, which is allready present in our metropolic cities as Antwerp & Brussels, with a personnel of +- 50.

"De Kapellestraat" was allready chosen as best shoppingstreet in Flanders, after our first real shoppingcenter in "het Feest- en Kultuurpaleis", thanks to "ZARA" it will be a new magnet for shopping, for locals but also for tourists, so this will definitely give our city a boost! Children - Men - Women clothes

Comments