This is what my wife, daughter and I thought of the place:
- We paid Euro 60 per night for our flat through a popular hotel booking site on the Internet. Some sites were charging more that double that rate, so make sure you shop around before you make a reservation.
- The location of the hotel cannot be faulted: just off the up-market Ave Louise; across the street from a small late-night store; 2 minutes walk from tram stop Defacqz (tram 94); five minutes walk from the Delhaize supermarket on Rue de Hennin; five minutes walk from a local high street (Elsensesteenweg); 15 minutes walk to Louis metro station.
- The hotel is housed in a modern new building. The reception is open from Mon-Fri, but closed on Sat and Sun. If you are arriving at the weekend, you need to call the concierge down using the intercom at the entrance.
- We opted for a 30sq.m rear-side flat with balcony; large enough to accommodate two adults and two children, with ease. The flat consisted of a large double bed, sofa bed, easy chair, ample storage space, en-suite bathroom with shower, separate toilet and well-equipped kitchenette. The room was bright and spotlessly clean, and the furniture comfortable and modern. Cable TV and air conditioning were also provided.
- The Kitchenette was fitted-out with a stove, refrigerator, microwave/grill, kettle and coffee maker. Basic utensils, pots, pans, crockery and cutlery were also supplied.
- We found the hotel staff to be friendly and helpful. For instance, the concierge let us check-in early and check-out late at no extra cost.
- Guests were allowed to use the two Internet PCs in the "Business Centre" for free.
Criticisms? None really, just minor quibbles - the mattress was a little too soft for my liking, a toaster would have been nice, as would weekend cleaning, and the hot water took a long time to come out of the tap, but that's is about it.
The hotel delivers what it promises. Highly recommended.
Unique Quality: Pros: Excellent location, clean, comfortable and great value.
Cons: A 15 minute walk from the nearest metro station.
Directions: To reach the hotel, take tram 94 and hop-off at "Defacqz", just in front of the Generali skyscraper on Ave Louise. Then walk up Rue du Beau Site and you will see the A-XL Flathotel.
Rue de l'Amigo 1 - 3, Brussels
5 rue du Peuplier, Brussels
40 Rue Veydt, Brussels
Carrefour de l'Europe 3, Brussels
Latest Brussels hotel reviews