Place Anneessens 25, Brussels, 1000, Belgium

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

• URINE Smelly Dirt Hole - AVOID

The front desk attendant was a young man who seemed ashame of his participation in this rotten place. Beside that positive, do yourself a favor an AVOID this URINAL rotten place. Made a reservation for two nights for wife, daugher and myself. Arrived at the Hotel on November 7, 2010. The first impression was terrible. The area around the hotel looked unsafe. Front desk area and adjacent breakfast room looked unclean and wear down lacking basic maintenance. This stop was part of an Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris family vacation. It was a rainy afternoon, however, all room windows where open in the room. Rain and open windows? MMmmm. I closed the windows and left for sight seeing after spending 15 minutes in the room. We noticed a slight smell in the air but with the windows open did not paid too much attention. When we returned in the evening, the stinch of urine was overwhelming. It was impossible to stay in that room. Went downstairs and requested a new room. My request was denied. However, the attendant provided me with some air refreshner tablet that would not make a dent against the strong URINE smell in the room. He got the bag of tablets right there in the front desk which should tell everyone that this is a recurrent problem. I had no other choice than to leave and spent the night in a nearby hotel. My request for a reimbursement of my payment at reservation time was denied by the manager saying that his hotel is not require to meet American standards. He also added that I was a "cheat". I think he insulted all the good people of Belgium with the implication that my request for basic hygine in his smelly hotel was only an American expectation. If you are looking for a budget hotel, this is not a budget hotel. I was looking for a budget hotel and made the mistake of choosing this one. This is a rotten urine dirt hole and you should avoid it, especially if you are traveling with your family.

Unique Quality: The geographical location of the hotel is good. It is within walking distance of the train station and the grand plaza. The metro is almost in front of the hotel. That was one of the main reason for me to choose this hotel. However, as you already know, it was a terrible mistake since there is no professional management in charge of this hotel. The manager doesnt care about you or your stay. Just in case of doubts, my reservation number was 924835002.

• AVOID THIS HOTEL - AVOID THIS HOTEL

This hotel, (actually a flop house) is the most horrible place to stay in Belgium. We had two rooms for two women. My room had a hole in the wall at the baseboard where I watched bugs crawl in and out. I had plenty of time to do this as I was terrified to fall asleep. My shower had hair in it which was not mine. The carpet was stained beyond recognition. To top things off, the light fixure above my sink fell off the wall and INTO THE SINK when I tried to plug in a curling iron. My friend's room didn't have a working toilet and was just as filthy. Yes, the woman screaming in the hallway at 2:30 am was very alarming. When we brought up our concerns to the management (as did Booking.com, which got me nowhere) I was accused of ripping the light fixture off the wall! The "gentleman" then made comments regarding the United States government and President Obama. We immediately left. We had booked for 3 days and only stayed there 1. They refused to refund the 2 nights we did not stay there, even though they re-rented our rooms. Please, save yourself some trouble and DO NOT STAY HERE! I have photos to back up this entire stay but they are on a different computer than the one I am using to post this information.

Directions: The area this hotel is located is a dangerous area according to the local people. Our cab driver didn't even want to drop us off there and the hotel we switched to after the first night was horrified two women would be alone in that district.

Comments