Rue du Prince Royal 71, Brussels, 1050, Belgium
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Brussels

amazing buildings on the Grand Placeamazing buildings on the Grand Place

De Biertempel..."I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy"De Biertempel..."I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy"

The main entrance of the MuseumThe main entrance of the Museum

You Can Even Glimpse The AtomiumYou Can Even Glimpse The Atomium

Brussels + Amsterdam

by rosyyao

Hello,

I am currently planning on a trip to Brussels, as well as Amsterdam if possible. But I have only 4 whole free days(arriving on monday night and leaving on sat morning). What do you guys think, will I miss too much if I wanted to do both places in 4 days which means 2 days per place equally? I plan on flying in Brussels and flying out from Amsterdam, and travel by train from Brx to Amd. I got the idea that there are different types of trains runs between the countries. How much is the fastest and quickest one? And how about the regular one?

I am looking forward to any answers shortly, thanks a lot!

by IndianPacific

I would at least recommend you to go to Amsterdam already Wednesday evening, not wait until Thursdy morning.

by goodfish

We went from Paris to Amsterdam via high-speed Thalys train. It stopped in Brussels along the way. Nice, comfortable train - they have a very good website:

by K_V_B

for trains go to www.b-europe.com. This is the international website of the Belgian railway. There you can see what trains are available, and what they cost.

There are basically two services:
IC
Thalys.

IC is the cheapest and slowest, but has the advantage that your ticket is valid on any train, so if at the last moment you decide to stay in Brussel a bit longer you can.

Thalys is faster, more comfortable and more expensive. If you book sufficiently in advance you can save a lot of money though, but then you have to take the departure you booked.

by melosh

Dear Rosyyao:

In my opinion trying to "see" two large diverse cities with much to offer in 4 days minus a half day travel is too much. It makes your visits to both cities too superficial and rushed. You can see a lot but how much can you experience. I think you will, indeed, miss too much.

bob

by IndianPacific

"Dear Rosyyao:

In my opinion trying to `see´ two large diverse cities with much to offer in 4 days minus a half day travel is too much. It makes your visits to both cities too superficial and rushed. You can see a lot but how much can you experience. I think you will, indeed, miss too much.

I would recommend that you just chose one city for this visit, and plan to visit the other city some other time. Have a good trip whatever you do."

Well, coming all the way from China, as Rosyyao does, maybe she doesn't know when she has the next opportunity to revisit that part of the World. I wouldn't be that categoric, and if she comes back, she knows better which of the two cities she really wants to explore.

by rosyyao

Thank you guys for all the advices!!

Travel Tips for Brussels

on being ignorantly 19

by richiecdisc

This is one city you have to spend some time in to see. It's spread out and there's more to see than you might initially think. There are also lots of great cafes to relax in and try a great variety of beer. Oh, the food scene is not too shabby either! My first trip to Brussels was not really a trip there per se but more of a trip through. I was a 19 year old college sophomore and was on my virgin trip to Europe. I was taking in all the requisite sights and I must say Brussels or anywhere else in Belgium was not one of them. In fact, I am not sure I had ever heard of Belgium at that point in my life. No, I was too concerned with London, Paris, Rome, Amsterdam and maybe catching Oktoberfest in Munich to give anything else much thought. At any rate, there I was in Brussels Central Station on my way from London to Amsterdam waiting for my change of trains. I could easily have spent a few hours in the city and gone on a later train but the idea never entered my mind. In fact, I never even ventured outside the station to even get a glimpse of what it looked like. Brussels conjured only one thing in my mind and that was Brussel Sprouts, something I was none too fond of. With a name like that, it must be a pretty ugly city I must have thought. Besides I’d never heard anything good, actually at all, about it so how amazing could it be? (continued below in Fondest Memory)

Grande Place, main tourist destination

by IngaA

Grande Place, the main square of Brussels The old, very beautiful square, surrounded by the ancient houses of noble and rich commercial people. The buildings seem to compete with each others by their fine styles and architecture.
At the spring time there are flower festivals at the Grande Place.

Watching the old ladies at the 'mokafé'

by belgianchocolate

The Sint-Hubertus gallery , the part closests
to the 'schildknaapstraat' you will find
the 'Mokafé'
You can't miss it...it is some sort of an old-
fashioned living room and it has a wide
terrace. The 'rue des bouchers' is nearby and
how much I advised you not to go there ,
now I'm saying try this.

There is this little island in the middle with
lots of cakes , tartes , biscuits...
They also serve small dishes (never with fries)
for a reasonable price.

But that is not the reason. The atmosphere is
just unpayable. The real life theater is for free.
You think this is a tourist spot?
Have a closer look.

'john' the weighter is obviously gay and
flirts with the older ladies. They smile with
there thin red painted lips.
Their clothes got this old , imperishable
style. They enjoy their 'tarte-tatin' very slow
and sip parsimoniously from thair excellent
coffee. Behind the cassock it is quit vivid.
It is a popular spot.

My favorite game was guessing what the
old ladies did as a job in their former lives.
She must have been a piano teacher...
and she was the wife of the doctor

Make sure you find yourself
a nice spot to watch it all.

Before the trip, I wasn't...

by Pegasus74

Before the trip, I wasn't quite sure what to expect from Brussels. I have thought this city can't be any fun compared to romantic Paris or eternal Rome. Being in it is stupendous. I have found so much to learn, taste and see in this interesting city that I will must probably visit again.

St. Jean Baptiste church

by kylian74

The church looks lika a flat wall without anything on the background. My first impression was the church location quite boring..well, it has nothing to do with the church! I notice inside it looks like in renovation, 2 giant paintings in both sides are missing, when we get out and walk behind the church, we saw the top of it on renovation!! right! but rare on the other side of this church was burned. lol...Norali asked me once before we entered a church if I'm christian!

Comments