Hotel Husa President Park

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 29% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• bergern's Profile Photo

Friendly business-hotel

I spent three nights at the President Park in oktober. My first surprise came at check-inn. It turned out I had booked for November! The helpfull reseptionist did his best, and 20 minutes later I could enter my fairpriced room, even though the hotel was nearly fully booked. The service was warm and forthcoming thruout my stay.

The room is clean, nice and newly refurbished, as the rest of the hotel, and the bed the best I've slept in in years. The bathroom is tiled and containe a bathtub to relax in after a long day shopping an sightseeing.

The lobby area offers internet, but to the price of 10 euros for half an hour.

The bar is ok with comfortable chairs and sofas, but annoing music, and the restaurant expensive and only average. Dine out.

Unique Quality: Walking distance (4-500m) from the north-station, meaning train is the way of transportation from the airport. Trains leaving every 15 minutes or so.

The neighborhood is boring, but in ten minutes you'r down-town, and another ten at the Grand Place.

The price noted is for a double-room

Directions: From main-entrance from the North Station, walk to the roundabout and turn right. In some hundred metres you'll see the hotel to the left after WTC.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Conveniently Located

The hotel is next to the World Trade Centre of Brussels. The Grand Place and shopping is only 20 minutes away.

N.B. I have just been told that the building is still there but hotel does not operate any longer... still I have the memory.

More about Hotel Husa President Park

All in all a good choice

by TripAdvisor Member AJGR

We stayed for 22 days. Having booked sight unseen, we read the reviews and considered changing hotels. The room was small by American standards, but large for Europe. Bed was very firm, almost hard. Room was dated but clean. They are in the process of modernizing. Service was very European, nonchalant but cordial. We lacked for nothing. The breakfast was good and plentiful. The Breakfast manager, Mr. Thibeau was excellent! Staff was generally very helpful. Yes it is a mile from the Grand Place, but local bus stops behind the hotel and connects three blocks from Grand Place. The area is secure with a police station across the street. The area was quiet at night. Many one night bus groups coming and going. Plentiful on street parking that was free. We traveled about ten days in and out by car, never had a problem. Several amenities mentioned are nonexistent, no car rental in hotel, parking underground is 10 euros a day. No sundries store in hotel, but several markets nearby. All in all a good choice.

Unsafe, unhealthy, un-apologetic hotel ..a terrible place to stay.

by TripAdvisor Member incrediblepie

After much searching for a hotel at the last minute in Brussels I managed to get 3 nights here but never again. I was in the "Executive" floor, but the room was standard, with no tea or coffee making facilities. All this I could have accepted if it were not for the following.
The floor on which I was staying was under renovation, so I could not use the lift services, I had to use the fire exit. So with no apologies or help form the hotel I was forced to carry my 3 suit cases up a flight of stair to my room.
When I got into the room there was work going on until 9 or 10 at night right next door, so no chance to get some shut eye.
The whole floor was poisoned with paint fumes and chemicals, so bad that I was forced to sleep with the window open.
The fumes also attached to my clothes and suit so when going to my meetings I smelled of chemicals. All my clothes needed to be dry cleaned when I returned.
But the cherry on the cake came while I was sleeping at about 2am, somebody was able to open my room door from the outside!!!!. Luckily I had the chain on the door so they were not able to enter. I complained to reception, they said they'd investigate and blamed builders and renovations or some silly pish pash excuse. My compensation? A token for a free beer in their hotel bar.!!!!!!
By the way the hotel is in the middle of no-where, no restaurants, metro, or buses nearby...Gare du Nord is a 5 minute walk but you would be well advised to avoid the area after dark...not so safe.
The reception is cold and unhelpful. Also the room cleaners, decided it was not their remit to clear rubbish form the bins or floor in the room so apart from a freshly made bed, my room in the evening was exactly the same as I left it in the morning.

degraded 4 star

by TripAdvisor Member kbtraveller

We thought we had made a good deal and looked forward to a nice weekend in a good hotel. Creditcard seemed to be the most important thing at the reception even if our stay was prepaid. The socalled standard room looked ok to begin with. The bed turned out to be outdated, it was hard, with the top mattres lacking. The "good" chair was not possible to sit in without falling out, forward. There was no minibar, even if there was space for it and also a small label that stated minibar under the Tv-set. The room was dark and we had a view to an airshaft in the middle of the building. Daily cleaning did not include hoovering even if the floor badly needed it after the walk from Gare du Nord in rain. Bathroom looked okay but the toilet-seat had a crack in it and pinched us every time we needed to sit on it. The sink had a long and deep crack with who knows which germs hiding there. Hair-dryer from the sixties. Also this hotel is situated in a totally dead area during week-ends, no cafes, nothing around. We have stayed in many better 2 star hotels around the world and can not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Liked the hotel, but glad we were on the 4th floor

by TripAdvisor Member markyd72

Booked a weekend stay at the Husa Park President in Belgium for myself and my girlfriend in Dec 2007. Booked with Lastminute and only discovered the name of the hotel after booking.

Paid £15 on lastminute to upgrade to the executive level (still only £100 each for 3 nights at the weekend including the Eurostar) and was glad to have done so - the executive level having already been refurbished, while some of the other floors looked like building sites. I was very impressed with the room, and can only imagine that other negative reviews are refering to to lower floors which are still being rennovated.

The hotel is located in the business district, but is very close to the metro (5mins), and then three stops to the centre of town, so it's not really an issue that there's nothing to do in the area.

Would ask for a room with a view of the park or the building site at the front, as half of the rooms do face inwards. Would also ask for a room not above the conference venue, as it was booked for a wedding reception on Saturday night, and the music went on till 3am.

In summary if you get on the executive floor then it's a complete bargin and exactly what i'd expect from a 4* hotel.

Comments