Hotel Le Plaza Brussels

Booking.com TheHotels.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• 1W1V's Profile Photo

Room with enough space

Stay there for a week in Jan. 2006.
    I was quite surprise by the quality of the room and the service.
    The buffet breakfast is great.
    i was told the company has paid 107,00 Euros for a single room (kingsize bed) with buffet breakfast.
    1930 hotel but with good upgrade and nice furniture. You are a bit in style here
    The location is ok, right brussels downtown not far from city 2 or place rogier. easy walk to the Grand Place.
    pls note that there is no gym and no swimming pool.
    Bar and restaurant are really grea !!!

Unique Quality: Room size
    bed size
    decoration
    location

Directions: Bd adolph Max, near place rogier

• JohnnySpangles's Profile Photo

POSH, BIT GOOD

Very nice, they even leave a box of posh Belgian Godiva Chocolates in your room.

Unique Quality: Posh bar, posh restaurant, posh everything

More about Hotel Le Plaza Brussels

No New Year Cheer

My partner and I stayed at Le Plaza Hotel, Brussels for 2 nights starting on New Year's Eve 2004. The hotel is one the old fashioned grand affairs (privatley owned I believe) and is mostly very well kept (some signs of age were starting to show in places). However for a 5* hotel I was not impressed by either the service or the attitude of some of the staff.

The hotel bar closed at midnight on both nights we were there, including Ney Year's eve. We walked past many other hotels with less stars that were happily still serving guests much later than midnight.

When I asked the duty manager if he could provide us with a drink he refused and said there was no one in the building with access to the bar area - he said he had no keys. He then went on to say, that all guests had been given a letter telling them the bar would close at midnight. Having received no such letter I was not amused and had I known this in advance would have stayed elsewhere.

The hotel does not provide tea or coffee making facilities in the rooms either - but they will happily charge you E4 per cup!

We stayed at the hotel as part of a special deal, it isn't worth the full price. I would visit Brussels again but will choose one of the major hotel chains next time.

Definitely not a 5* hotel

We booked this hotel through the Expedia internet site. We had a reasonnable rate (105 eur) for one night (tradition room). The room we had what definitely not a 5* room. It had stains on the wall and was quite noisy (you can hear outside and inside noises). The location is not very close to the center of the city . It is true that the sex shops on the other side of the street are not matching very well with the image of a 5* hotel.
We won't come back to the Plaza nor to Brussels !

Good value and location

We stayed at the La Plaza for two nights. The hotel is great. We paid 99 euros a night per room which isn't bad considering its a city. This didn't include breakfast which was an astonishing 27 euros!!! Things are very expensive in the hotel i.e. drinks and food, but there are plenty of restaurants and bars nearby. The seedy shops around do not pose a problem at all. The room was large and clean as also was the bathroom. I would stay there again. The hotel itself was very quiet (its the main road outside that is noisy)

Crazy, this hotel is the best I have been to in Europe

by TripAdvisor Member Beano

I cannot beleive the comments some people have made about this hotel. I stayed there for a week-end 01-03rd Oct and it was just great. The room was really big and beautifully decorated, the bathroom was pure luxury, I slept so well, there is no noise and Ihardly noticed the sex shops down the road. The only time I saw them was on the way to metro station, which was when we arrived and when we left. The hotel is so centrally located, a short walk to the Grand Place. Or maybe my short walk and other people's is not the same thing. In London we are used to walking a lot. We had a great breakfast and the staff were very friendly. I would not hesitate to go back and actually are thinking of visiting Brussels again very soon.

simply excellent

I've stayed twice at le Plaza in the last three months, once for business and once combining business with a weekend break. It is a very well run and elegant high quality hotel. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Location is fine, although local bars appear dubious and unless you fancy a lager or short for breakfast don't go to the one in the shopping street opposite.

Terrible Eperience!!!!!!!

The hotel was booked through Expedia.it. We were given a traditional double room (room no. 534) and spent 2 nights there. What a terrible experience!!! The room was VERY SMALL and in BAD conditions. Stains and scratches on the walls, tapestries, and furnitures. Bathroom outdated with a very limited number of toiletteries (1 shampoo and 1 piece of soap for the 2 of us - no shower cap available!). The bed was not even a queen size and, for this reason, my husband and I haven't slept at all.
When we've asked to be moved to a different room, the reception staff answered the hotel was fully booked and that they had no other rooms available. So, our options would have been to accept the room or leave...
Some friend of ours were given room no. 305 and they had the same SAD experience!
The location is not very close to the city center, and on the other side of the street there is a large quantity of sex shops - DISGUSTING!!!
Discrepancies were reported to Expedia.it and a partial credit was issued to cover the unsatisfactory lodging.
DEFINITELY NOT A 5* HOTEL!!!

Excellent!

Brilliant hotel, excellent location! Any reference to the "seedy shops" along the road in other reviews should be ignored as they are barely any. Just minutes from the Grand Place and any other tourist attraction. The hotel itself is very nice, relaxing and well maintained and I would revisit anytime. I stayed for 3 nights after Christmas 2004 and wished I had stayed longer. I got a very good deal from the Eurostar website and will endeavour to do the same again soon. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Brussels.

Juli_br's new Europe Page

by Juli_br

The reason why I like to travel to Europe is because you have the opportunity to visit so many countries and cultures (since the continent is not so big)at the same trip.
My TOP 10 destination in Europe are:

4- Gran Plaza- Brussels
5- Escorial- Madrid

Stag Do in Brussels at the end of August

by paulfurner

Hi, I'm the best man for a stag do in Brussels at the end of August. We are staying at Hotel Le Plaza, Blvd Adolphe Max.
If anyone can give me some help with any of the following it would be much appreciated
1) top restaurants, bars, clubs
2) an idea for the saturday afternoon when we are between hangovers - adventure activities / sport etc
3) there are 13 of us (not the greatest number!). will we have problems in getting into places en masse?
Thanks very much. Paul

by Bendokan

Hi,
A group of 13, normally there shouldn't be a problem but try to split up before entering a club or bar with a doorman... 6 and 7.
For places to party, you can check out my Brussels Bar travelogue which shows a number of Bars and clubs in Brussels.
For sports : Brussels Karting, swimming at Oceade, Q-zar,...

Take care

by chrishc

Don't quote me on this but you may find that bars do not sell spirits. Just beer. There are some very strong beers though.

by chrishc

Re: Re: Stag Do in Brussels at the end of August

by Bendokan

What ? Doubt that, but it's possible in some places but those are rare... aren't they ?

Comments