Brussels Hotels

• LoriPori profile photo LoriPori
  • Reviews: 3120

IBIS AIRPORT DIEGEM: NEAR BRUSSELS AIRPORT

Saturday March 2, 2014
As we had a long 18 hour layover in Brussels, we needed to find a hotel near the airport and which also offered free shuttle service. We found what we were looking for in the IBIS AIRPORT DIEGEM. Diegem is a small suburb of Brussels with mostly business properties. It's usually busy during the week but very quiet on the weekends.
Our room was small and standard with two twin beds, a large work desk (free WiFi), cable TV and private bathroom with shower.
We booked through booking.com and paid 52 Euros plus the city tax of 4,25 Euros.
If you want breakfast, it costs 14 Euros per person per night. We did not take breakfast. There is a small cafe' next to the Lobby which offers coffee in the morning (3 Euros). They also offer small snacks to eat at the bar or to take to your room. Saturday night we ordered a small Pizza with ham and champignons which was just enough for the two of us and cost 9 Euros. They also had Pepperoni - Salami Pizza and 4 Cheeses Pizza also for 9 Euros. A toasted Ham and Cheese sandwich was 8,50 Euros.

About the Shuttle Bus:
To reach the Hotel shuttles, you need to turn right after going through customs in order to get to the part of the airport that leads to the train station, buses and car rentals. Go down one level to street level and you'll see the shuttle bus stops. Look for the IBIS shuttle bus stop.
Bus Schedule - Weekends
To Airport:
6:30 a.m. -- 7:00 a.m. -- 7:50 a.m. -- 8:40 a.m. -- 9:15 a.m. -- 10:00 a.m. --
4:15 p.m. -- 5:00 p.m. -- 5:45 p.m. -- 6:30 p.m. -- 7:15 p.m. -- 8:00 p.m. -- 8:30 p.m.

To IBIS:
6:45 a.m. -- 7:15 a.m. -- 8:05 a.m. -- 8:55 a.m. -- 9:30 a.m.
4:00 p.m. -- 4:45 p.m. -- 5:30 p.m. -- 6:15 p.m. -- 7:00 p.m. -- 7:45 p.m. -- 8:15 p.m. -- 9:00 p.m.

• Written March 11, 2014

IBIS AIRPORT DIEGEM

• Roadquill profile photo Roadquill
  • Reviews: 1294

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

L'hotel du Stone: One hard mattress

One can always pass out on the streets. The guy didn't look comfortable, but then again he wasn't complaining.....The morning breeze, as it wafts through your open windows, brings the smell of espresso brewing in the local coffee house, as you awaken (maybe) to the pitter patter sound of locals on their way to work. Or you vaguely pick up the sound of a camera shutter, pointed at you by some rude tourist, catching you in your moment of morning glory.

The street view is even better than google map's "street view"..

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Luxury Travel
  • Written July 31, 2013
Tip Photo

Oops, I lost the keys to my room

• Roadquill profile photo Roadquill
  • Reviews: 1294

La Casa BXL: Comfortable B&B

I stayed at the La Casa BXL on two different occasions. The rooms are spacious, with a large, comfortable couch, several tables, and an entry area for storing your suitcase. The bathroom in one had a nice size shower, the second time I was in a room towards the back and the shower was a small enclosure. The room with the street view over rue Marche au Charbon was nice, with a lot of light, but if the bars were open on any particular night it could get noisy. The double windows eliminated most of the noise. The breakfast was filling and was waiting for me. Note that the rooms at 116, have breakfast at the 118 address. The facility is a 5 minute walk to the Grote Markt as well as a short walk to the cafes around St. Gery. The Arneessens metro stop is 2 minutes away, which makes it very convenient if you arrive at Gare du Midi. There is also a small park a 2 minute walk, which I used for my morning work outs.

All of the staff were very pleasant and went out of their way to be helpful. I would stay next time I visit Brussels.

• Related to: Beer Tasting, Arts and Culture, Photography
  • Written July 26, 2013

• ATLC profile photo ATLC
  • Reviews: 3829

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Center: Modern hostel/hotel with excellen facilities

I booked this hostel via booking.com and profited from a great deal, only 50 euro for a double room (which is now offered for a 100 euro more!). So if you make reservations, keep an eye on the offers, it is well worth the trouble.
I think it is officially a hostel, there are dorm rooms but it feels very much like a hotel for young travelers and families.
Dorm beds are from 15 euro per night, a good breakfast buffet is 5.90 euro.

The hotel opened on May 1st 2013, we stayed there on May 5th 2013 and enjoyed it very much.

OK, so the hotel is not in the best neighbourhood, keep the window closed against traffic noise and they do need to do something about the climate since it was a bit warm inside.
Other than that: brilliant, spacious rooms, modern industrial design (fun), a bar, reception and snacks on sale 24/7.

It's a nice and easy walk to the Grand Place (1.5 kms) or choose the metro just 200 metres away.
We also found good affordable underground parking very nearby (since parking is a no go in the area). Ask reception, they'll show you where and I will write a Transportation tip about it.

I would definitely book again if I happen to come to Brussels to stay the night.

The free maps of Brussels are especially made for this hotel. It includes map (obviously) of the city center plus direct outskirts, metro map and 3 city walks with descriptions. I liked those maps a lot.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Travel with Pets
  • Written May 6, 2013

MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Center

• zadunajska8 profile photo zadunajska8
  • Reviews: 438

Izan Avenue Louise Hotel: Izan Avenue Louise

This was a perfectly comfortable and acceptable hotel for a short break in Brussels. I stayed here for 3 nights and had a good nights sleep in a comfortable bed on all of them. The hotel was clean and the room was spacious. The furnishings are getting a little dated and kitschy for my taste but since I got such a good price I wasn't likely to mind the decor!

The breakfast wasn't included in the package I'd booked and was advertised online at €22 per person per breakfast (which I would never pay - it's just too much!) so I was very pleased when I checked in and was told that actually the price was €12 per day for breakfast. I was happy to pay this price and although it's still a little steep for breakfast it was a good breakfast that I got for my money.

My French is dreadful so it was very helpful that most of the staff here seem to speak excellent English.

The location is quite good too. For this sort of price and standard of accomodation anyway. It was just under 5 minutes walk to Stephanie tram stop on lines 92 or 94, or just over 5 minutes to Bailli tram stop on line 81 (which goes direct to Gare du Midi). Trams 92 and 94 both connect with the metro at Louise and at Parc.

• Written August 15, 2012

Izan Avenue Louise Hotel

• viddra profile photo viddra
  • Reviews: 1561

Brussels Hello Hostel: Hello Hostel

I spent two nights this August with my niece in this hostel. In fact, we stayed in a female only dorm close by. There were 3 bunk beds in our big room and a table with some chairs, but no wardrobes or shelves. There were 2 bathrooms for the whole house, a toilet and a shower together, so you can imagine the crowd, especially in the morning!

We had basic breakfast (7-11 a.m.) in the main building: bread or croissants with jam, butter, milk or juice.

We also used a shared kitchen in the main building and enjoyed our hot soup at the patio, watching the pictures of artists painted by Leticia Sere.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, School Holidays
  • Written August 8, 2012

Room No. 102

• viddra profile photo viddra
  • Reviews: 1561

Youth Hostel Van Gogh CHAB: Fit for a Van Gogh

I've stayed in this hostel twice so far.

Last time, this July, I was with my niece. We stayed 3+2 nights in a 4-bed-female dorm on the third floor. We had bunk beds, an open wardrobe and a washbasin in our room. There were showers (male and female separated) and a toilet on the same floor.

Breakfast was included in the price and was in the main building: 5 slices of bread, cheese, salami, jam, chocolate cream, butter, tea, milk or juice.

We also used the kitchen in the main building.

By the way, the main building with the reception is at 8, Rue Traversiere. You'll see flags and a signpost.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, School Holidays
  • Written August 8, 2012

room No. 313

• lina112 profile photo lina112
  • Reviews: 972

Park Inn by Radisson Brussels Midi: Best stay ever

The main reason what we chose this hotel is the situation, in front of Gare du Midi station so we didn´t have to walk and didn´t have take public transport and the good critics read on internet. The hotel has 142 rooms furnished in very nice style and modern, are confortables and quiet, around it are offices so at night are very silent, no noise around it. Breakfast was include on our tariff and you can choose between hot and cold breakfast, eggs, bacon, mushrooms, sausages, toast, breadrolls, pastries, cereals, fruits, etc. About internet conection i read that they have a daily rate, we didn´t use it but in the reception area and restaurant there is a free wifi. In Receptiion there is a screem with a real time table of international trains leaving from Gare du Midi. The staff is very friendly and help you all you need. No doubt i choose this hotel if i go back to Brussels.

La razón principal por la que elegimos este hotel es por estar en frente de la estacion de midi y por las buenas criticas que leimos en internet. El hotel lleva abierto poco mas de 1 año, tiene 142 habitaciones, están muy bién decoradas y son muy tranquilas, nada de ruido por las noches, está rodeado de oficinas que trabajan de lunes a viernes. El desayuno iba inculuido en nuestra tarifa y es de lo mas completo, puedes elegir entre desayuno caliente o frio y hay donde elegir entre huevos, bacon, salchichas, champiñones, tostadas, bollos, cereales, bollería, etc. Sobre conexión a internet lei que tenian una tarifa de 7 euros, pero en el area de recepción y del bar hay wifi gratis. Tras el mostrador de recepción hay una pantalla en la que te ofrecen a tiempo real los horarios de trenes internacionales que sale de Gare du Midi. El personal muy atento, te ayudan lo que necesitas.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Historical Travel, Museum Visits, Arts and Culture
  • Written July 24, 2012

The Hotel

• LoriPori profile photo LoriPori
  • Reviews: 3120

CHARMING ESCAPE B & B: BED & BREAKFAST

February 29, 2012
As we had a 15 hour layover in Brussels, we needed a place to stay overnight. We chose the CHARMING ESCAPE BED & BREAKFAST as it was close to the airport and our charming host Guy Evenepoel, picked us up and brought us back to the airport.
As soon as we arrived in Brussels, we phoned Guy and he promptly picked us up near the Taxi Stand. The drive to his B & B was about 20 minutes, as traffic was a little busy. The B & B is located in a quiet neighborhood in the town of Steenokkerzeel.
Guy's lovely wife Ann, was there to greet us and show us to our room. Our room was beautiful with two single beds (Pics # 2 & #3), TV, sitting area, computer desk ( free Wi-Fi), mini-fridge stocked with beverages that you can buy and an adjoining bathroom (Pic # 4) with shower and double sinks, all very modern. Towels and shampoo were provided.
The cost was 100 Euros (cash requested). Breakfast was extra at 10 Euros per person per night. We did not take the breakfast as we had an early morning international flight. But Ann was kind enough to bring us a tray with coffee to our room in the morning.

We really enjoyed our overnight stay at Charming Escape Bed & Breakfast, but I do have a couple of concerns. Our room was located on the top floor of the house and there were many narrow, winding stairs to get up there. Glad we didn't have our big suitcases with us. The B & B was located in a quiet neighborhood with mostly houses. There were no restaurants within walking distance - we did not have a car.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written March 5, 2012

Charming Escape Bed & Breakfast

• steedappeal profile photo steedappeal
  • Reviews: 285

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Max Hotel: I got to hand it to MAX!

This hotel falls into the cheap chic category. You basically pay for only what you need beyond the room itself. The only downside is that you'll feel like you've just stayed in a very well-kept vending machine for your entire stay since most of the add-ons (e.g. an extra towel or pillow, wireless) are purchased from one of the vending machines on the first floor. Check-in has also been de-personalized to the point that you use the self-serve kiosks (you can accept or decline daily maid service at this point). There is a Lobby agent to assist but they simply direct you back to the monitors to complete your check-in if there is a problem. Make sure to have your reservation number with you since this will expedite matters. There is a significant cost advantage (less 15%) to pre-paying for your stay. There is also a change machine in the Common Room if you forget your coins.

Located on the scruffy fringe of the Brussels Nord Red Light district, there is nothing seedy about this immaculately cleaned property. It is only a 5 minute walk to Brussel Nord station and barely a 7 minute walk to the central Bourse neighborhood- ideal! the windows are well insulated from even Boulevard Adolphe Max noise but I could hear some rumbles from other rooms. The only thing that may really get under your skin is the re-curring "Max" figure that frolics throughout the public areas- you'll feel like you've just been taken hostage by the "meeples" from the Carcaonne board game!

**Make sure to pick up the free map to the City available in the common room. It is the easiest to use and has the simplest outline of the mass transit system**

• Related to: Business Travel, Budget Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written January 29, 2012

• steedappeal profile photo steedappeal
  • Reviews: 285

The Institute of Cultural Affairs: A tasteful dormitory of sorts

This is a place of welcome and convenience and at a fair price (53 Euros per night). A cross between a guest house and a boarding school dormitory. In a lousy neighborhood BUT just a block from the Madou metro stop which will take you every where. Most of the tenants are here on internships and in work-study situations. Found out about this place through the Quakers since I figured they know all the safe, thrifty places to stay!

Basically, small SRO rooms but decent furnishings. All with shared bath and showers. I especially enjoyed my room # 3. There are nice common rooms and a pleasant breakfast area, too. A longer stay would be nice since the tenants seem to bond with each other after awhile. Kind of like the old hotels NYC used to have for people needing the basics. The staff is especially dedicated. Anna has been there approaching 30+ years. Truly, a shared community committed to what their brochure calls "voluntary simplicity".

• Related to: Budget Travel, Study Abroad, Work Abroad
  • Written November 13, 2011

Common Area

• zuriga profile photo zuriga
  • Reviews: 466

NH Hotel du Grand Sablon: Fantastic location

We had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel. The room had been recently renovated and was comfortable and cheery with all the modern amenities. Service was excellent as was the location - away from more touristy and busy, hectic areas like the Grand Place. We booked through hotels.com and seemed to get a better rate than the hotel's own website.

The hotel is situated on a lovely 'place,' full of good restaurants and shops. It was an easy walk to get to everywhere we wanted to go. The Grand Place was 10 minutes away. The Central Station was also about a 10 minute walk with easy access for trains to Bruges. The Eurostar terminal was a €9 or 10 ride.

• Related to: Food and Dining, Family Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written June 26, 2011

Hotel du Grand Sablon

• Dizzyhead profile photo Dizzyhead
  • Reviews: 4558

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hostel Van Gogh.: A cheap hostel.

2010 I travelled to Brussels with a group of people, and I hardly knew anyone of them. We should go around and meet politicians in Brussels and had some meetings here and there. Then we stayed at this hostel and I must say I liked it. The hostel is not in only one buidling. So me and my group had to stay on the otherside of the road and we had six beds in our room. There are many possibilities in this hostel. The shower and the toilette was in the dorm. If we wanted to go and eat the horrible breakfast, it was on the otherside of the building, so we had to cross the road. In the reception you could find 2 computers for rent, but it was very expensive to use the internet here. I prefer hostels were it doesnt cost anything.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written October 16, 2010

• ELear profile photo ELear
  • Reviews: 127

Hilton Brussels: Good, and a bargain in winter

I'm sure it isn't quite the poshest hotel in Brussels, but it's still very good. Large bedrooms, fabulous breakfast - after that you don't need any lunch - helpful staff and an excellent bar. It's about ten minutes' walk from the Grand' Place, and convenient for trains too. I was there in January, when Hilton do amazing weekend offers, and I thought it was a great bargain.

Really good bar, great breakfast

• Related to: Trains, Arts and Culture, Luxury Travel
  • Written May 28, 2010

• marielexoteria profile photo marielexoteria
  • Reviews: 850

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Rovignon B&B: a great stay in a residential area

Rovignon was our first stay at a B&B on our first visit to Brussels.

My first impression came from e-mail communications with the owner, Adi. They offered us a room for 45 euros per night. They also noted that their B&B is a non-smoker house where there are cats. So far, so good.

We agreed on an estimated arrival time and were greeted warmly not only by Adi, but by the house cats, Socks and Ginger. Adi showed us our room and the bathroom, which we had to ourselves the 2 nights we stayed there and explained the house rules. He's one of the most hilarious people I've met and he's very knowledgeable of the city.

In our room we had plenty of tourist guides and brochures and books (of various themes) to read and I really liked the rooftops view from our window - it sort of reminded me of some rooftops I saw on the tube between Heathrow and Paddington station (and that gave me a feeling of being in an Oliver Twist book).

This was included in the price:
- breakfast
- free wifi (with password)
- shared facilities
- all taxes.

Our breakfast was simple but good: breads, cereal, yogurt, several jams, fruit, milk and orange juice (and coffee or tea if you want it, but we drink neither) and we enjoyed having it with Adi, the well behaved cats and the other guests.

Rovignon is in a residential area and it was very quiet at night. As the B&B is located in a renovated, but old house, any crack from the floors above will sound but we didn't have a problem with that.

Note: this B&B isn't for:
- those with mobility problems because there's no elevator and the stairs are narrow
- those who are allergic to cats.

From Rovignon it takes about 15 minutes to walk to Grand Place, and they have good transportation means as well.

• Related to: Budget Travel