Marriott Hotel Brussels

Marriott.com Travelocity Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Dizzyhead's Profile Photo

Very good and central.

When I was my first time in Brussels I stayed in this magnific and wellknown hotel. It was very good in all ways and so central. I am so satisfied with all here, that I dont know what I shall write more about my stay here.

• MacDaddie's Profile Photo

Good downtown location

Its a basic Marriott hotel. Rooms are a bit small but that is the way it is in Belgium. Only about a 10 minute walk from the Central Station (though 15 going back up the hill). And its directly off the tram line and near to the metro. So its conveniant to get to.

Good beds, workout room ok, a little better than normal but thats it.

Unique Quality: Good location

Directions: From Central station head towards Grand Place and exit the lower right hand side and 5 minutes your there.

Metro to Debrouckere is easier and upon exiting go to the left and its about 4 blocks down.

• Super Hotel

We stayed for 3 nights from the 11th to the 14th April. The room was spacious and comfortable. The beds were historic; wide with 3 down filled pillows on each, the mattresses were exceptional. The room service was excellent; you could, if you wished, have the bed linen (excellent) changed daily.
    The location is 5 minutes walk from Grand Place.
    The staff were helpful and knowledgeable.
    The room was booked via Hotel Club at £85/day. The room rate in the room was shown at £400/day plus an additional £16/pp breakfast.

Unique Quality: Great breakfast buffet.

• Openseas's Profile Photo

Location, Location and location.

The Marriott is situated in an historical building dating back to 1870’s, the position of this hotel is wonderful, just a short five minute walk to the Grand Place. We booked this hotel through the Marriott website and got a very good rate. We also requested an early check-in which was granted when we arrived. Our room 457 an executive deluxe room was on the fourth floor which also included an executive lounge with free drinks and nibbles.

Our room was slightly on the small size, as we were travelling from Australia and we had lots of luggage, which made our room very tight, so we stood our bags up to make more room. The décor was lovely with dark-wooded furniture and the king size bed was indeed amazingly comfortable. Other facilities included bedside tables with lamps, TV, pay movies, mini bar, air-conditioning, safe, windows that opened.

The marble bathroom was lovely and spacious with excellent make-up mirrors. Bathrobe and slippers were also provided.

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly which made our stay very enjoyable. The hotel has two restaurants the Brassiere Le Sauvoir where breakfast is served offering excellent American and continental. The other is the Bar de La Senne which is street facing and a great place to have coffee and a pre dinner cocktail. The bar is opened from mid-morning till late.

The hotel also offers a fitness centre with a male and female sauna’s. A business centre with fax/photocopying machines. Bicycles can be hired through the reception. The dry-cleaning service is also excellent.

Unique Quality: The best thing about this hotel is the position, we were only in Brussels for two days and we wanted to be somewhere close to everything, this hotel was absolutely wonderful for this. The hotel is elegant and oozes historical charm, the staff friendly and helpful. The room’s extremely comfortable, with the divine bed and fluffy dreamy feather pillows. (Except hubby hated them)

Tip: Eat the chocolates whilst in this city…….just heavenly divine and so lip-smacking delectable and yummy!! And don’t forget to visit the Chocolate factory in the Grand Place. There are so many wonderful restaurants just off the Grand Place, just follow one of the cobble streets.

I have given this hotel a 5 star rating because of its position and the lovely staff, oops not to mention the wonderful bed.

• tomhoward's Profile Photo

Marriott

A European Marriott should hold no nasty surprises and this was more or less exactly what we got. Location is superb, about a 10-15 min walk from Gare Central (depending how heavy your suitcase is) and about 3 min from the fabulous Grand Place. With a Metro stop right next door and a McDonalds in the same block for midnight munchies you're set up for the weekend.

Reception checked us in early (10am) without a murmur, although room on the 6th floor was fairly small. View (through a Captain Pugwash circular window) was pretty non-descript, overlooking the hotel courtyard and rooftops beyond. I imagine only a select few rooms have direct sight of the Cathedral over the road (although you may also have the traffic noise to then contend with).

Breakfast gets top points for variety alone, although I’d steer clear of the disappointing American cooked buffet and stick with the omelette man in the corner. Cereal, croissants, toast, fruit, yoghurts round it off. They serve until 12pm on weekends, although expect the choice, and service, to start falling by 11am.

Front desk staff were great, and more than happy to throw maps, restaurant suggestions and umbrellas at us.

Unique Quality: As previous comments testify, a night in the bed is worth the price alone. A ridiculous variety of pillows and fluffy mattress topper will surely make this the best hotel bed you have ever slept in. Only gripe with the room was the sloping ceiling above the bath that made it awkward for anyone taller than a guinea pig to shower.

“Fitness Centre” was pathetic, as any seasoned hotel traveller should sadly expect, about 6 machines in total, and the saunas are timer operated, so (annoyingly as I found out) you need to set it warming 20mins before use.

Looked at the usual agents, but couldn’t beat the price quoted direct by the Marriott website. Went with the “Escape Package” that included breakfast, access to the second-rate fitness centre, and 2 nights in a deluxe room for 221 Euros or £151.

Hotel is the example of classy efficiency you are paying for.

• Beware of overbookings at Marriott Brussels Hotel

We booked 2 rooms through the Marriott.com website 2 weeks prior to our stay 27/01/2007.
    We arrived at the hotel at 3:00, the reception staff have our reservation in their system but inform us that the rooms are not ready yet and that we have to come back later. We left our luggage at the reception and when we came back later they told us that the hotel was OVERBOOKED and that they had NO ROOMS. They clearly must have given our rooms away to other customer at a higher rate as one of the rooms we had booked was at a promotional rate. The solution proposed by the hotel management is a bigger room in another hotel in Brussels EU district, an area which is absolutely dead on weekends. Apart from a taxi fare to the other hotel, no other compensation was offer (not even free breakfast). One would expect some kind of customer service of a 5 star hotel but no the hotel manager couldn't care less ... his hotel was fully booked anyway. He said all we could do was send a formal complaint to Mr Marriott.

So beware of OVERBOOKINGS at Marriott Brussels, even when you booked through their website weeks in advance and check-in at 3:00 pm they may send you off to another hotel in a dead area and make it sound like you're getting a great deal !!!

• Clippers's Profile Photo

Superb location in the heart of Brussels

This hotel couldn't have been in a better location. It is smack bang in the heart of Brussels and just accross the road from the very popular Irish Bar!! I cant fault this hotel in any way. My trip to Brussels was for my sister in law's hen night. The room I was sharing was a well appointed twin bedroom. The beds were just devine, I would have loved to take it home with me!! Lovely bathroom with power shower and luxury toiletries which are a must in a good 5 star hotel. Mini bar, T.V etc etc.. Breakfast was included and was a good quality buffet breakfast with all the trimmings. We also ate in the hotel's main restaurant one evening and got a complimentary botthe of Champagne which was a nice touch! Only downside to the evening meal was that 4 main courses were brought out first but the other 4 main courses were not brought out till 15 mins later...actually that's probably why we got the Champagne!
    One good thing though was that wine was included with the set menue meals - 2 glasses per person, and the price wasn't bad either, I think it was 25 euro for 3 courses including the wine! I will deffinately be back to this hotel again.

Unique Quality: This location simply cannot be beaten in Brussels. The main square was a short stroll accross the street, plenty restaurants and bars surround this hotel and as already stated the Irish Bar "O'Reilly's" was just accross the road...and opens until 5.30 and it's a disco bar at night! You can't go wrong with this hotal!

Directions: Close to Grand Place, Brussels City Centre.

• Close....BUT

A great location but woke up the first night with my legs coated in mud from a deposit left in my bed. When I called the manager he sent the housekeeper and she felt I had soiled her bed and upon returning commented that I had forced her to change the bed. I was not changed to another room and did not receive even a I'm sorry from anyone at the hotel. I was sick from the sight and ruined my stay at this hotel. I wonder if they were mad at me booking through priceline at $90.00 per night instead of paying their posted rate of $300.00? I just hope mine was a onetime experience at this hotel, I stay often at Marriot's

Unique Quality: Great Location

Directions: Near central rail and central square

• great hotel in brussels

a beautiful hotel to stay in very centre for the sights staff are brilliant rooms spotless breakfasts beautiful highly reccomended

Unique Quality: very close for the christmas markets which i found were great wll worth a vist

• morgenhund's Profile Photo

A1 location

As we were organising a conference at the Brussels Stock Exchange, we decided to stay at the Marriott opposite the conference venue. The rooms were well-appointed - although there was no trouser press but an ironing board instead. Broadband internet connections were available for EUR 20 per day - or there were public terminals in the hotel for EUR 5 per hour. The beds were very comfortable. It should be noted that there is no breakfast included in the room rate - this can be up to another EUR 20, or whatever you pay in room service. The rooms were of a pleasant size, and most importantly quiet. I'd think twice about paying EUR 160 for a single for private use though.

Unique Quality: I have never found a Marriott built above a McDonalds elsewhere!

Directions: Opposite the stock exchange - entrance from the side street.

• sswagner's Profile Photo

Nice setting

We were able to get this place as part of a package deal. The hotel is very nice. The rooms are well kept and has all of the amenities one would expect from this class of hotel. There are nearby public transportation options and we did not really find it to be a difficult walk from Central Station to the site. It faces La Bourse, which is the stock exchange building. Each person staying here should have their own key since it is necessary in order to operate the elevator. The rooms were very quiet at night.

Unique Quality: The location is desirable because it was a short walk to the Grand Place and not much further to Central Station. This hotel is very central in location.

Directions: Across from La Bourse

• Johnscarroll's Profile Photo

A Great Choice in Summer

The service here is excellent - the front desk staff will bend over backward for you. I recommend this hotel during the summer especially because the rates are very reasonable and summer temperature in Brussles can get high - you will want the air conditioning. The city is about 90 kilmeters from the ocean, so it doesn't have the benefit of cooler coastal weather and evening breezes.

Also, during summer, businessmen and politicians are on vacation. That is Brussel's core clientele. So when they leave the city, the major hotels have great deals for average tourists - especilly on weekends. Often, a wonderful buffet breakfast is included in your rate.

Unique Quality: Typical business hotel. Everything is available and it's close to Grand Place, and the Metro.

Directions: A few blocks East of Grand Place. Easily accesible to the Metro at Bourse. Terrific restaurants populated with locals nearby.

• Brussels best!

Wonderful hotel. From lobby to bedrooms to restaurant - good service everywhere. The staff are most helpful and courteous and cannot do enough to please. Breakfast in restaurant was really good. Options of all-sorts-of-omelettes from the chef, cooked to order - thro' good old English (complete with 'proper' crisby bacon), mushrooms, sausages, grilled tomatoes, potatoes; all kinds of bread and pastries and the best selection of fresh fruit - complete with yoghurt and actimel. Very thoughtful. Huge pots of ocffe, regularly replaced at your table. Dish of the day included moules frite @ E13.99, which was a lot better than the local 'fish restaurants at over E25! Bedrooms very relaxing - huge bed, loads of pillows, toiletries, lap-top link, etc. etc. etc. All in all, excellent.. Especially if, like us, you get a special offer from Eurostar!

Directions: In main square, cannot miss the 'Macdonalds' sign, which adjoins hotel!

• hobanma's Profile Photo

Nice American style hotel

This is a nice American style hotel. The rooms are clean and quite large. The decor is nice and new.

The hotel is directly across from The Bourse and just a few steps away from the Grand Place.

• Great business-class hotel in a great locations

This hotel was brand new when I stayed in June of 2004. The multilingual staff was very professional, the facilities were wonderful, and we were a block away from the Grand Place and all sorts of good restaurants.

Unique Quality: Nice gym, great location.

More about Marriott Hotel Brussels

What to do ?

by dudes_71

Hi all, I will be in Brussels for 2 nights next week, it is my first time in Brussels. I will be at work all day, but will be free at night...so what are fun places to go at night, pubs, bars, clubs & sushi restaurants if possible and close to the my Hotel (Marriott Brussels) as I don't have a car....cheers

RE: What to do ?

by qaminari

The Marriott is about as central as you can get: opposite the Bourse (stock exchange), close to the Grand' Place and right on rue Orts/Dansaert which is the Belgian fashion area, and there are also several good restaurants, although I can't think of a Japanese one off-hand - the nearest would be the Samurai in a little gallery just off rue du Fossé aux Loups, on the other side of Pl. de la Monnaie. One of the restaurants I like, around the corner from your hotel in rue A. Orts, is ComoComo, a basque restaurant with conveyor belts like in many sushi ones! There are lots of cafés and bars in the nearby St. Géry area, follow the little street that starts at the corner where O'Reilly's is (you will see this pub near your hotel). You might also explore the St. Jacques area, taking the rue du Midi which is on the other side of the Bourse from your hotel, and following it to the right, as far as the rue des Grands' Carmes - although there's not as much going on midweek as at weekends.
Have a good trip!

RE: What to do ?

by qaminari

This gives you a couple of possibilities for sushi places close to your hotel, Sakura looks like the best bet: http://www.sushi.infogate.de/rest/eu_belgium_belgien_belgique_brussels_brssel_bruxelles.htm

Comments