Martin's Central Park

Boulevard Charlemagne, 80, (formerly Hotel Eurovillage), Brussels, B-1000, Belgium

Martin's Brussels EU
Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Another great bargain

We stayed at Martin's Central Park Hotel for three nights over New Year's 07/08. We had found many great bargains on the internet (59 EUR for the double room) so we had to make a hard desision: This one or the Crowne Plaza for the same price. We chose this one coz their website made it look rather stylish. Which it was... the hotel was recently renovated (before it was called Eurovillages Hotel). We paid 59 EUR for the double room excluding breakfast (which would have costed 20 EUR!!!). During the time we were here the restaurant and bar were closed, which seems pretty normal in the European Quarter, everything seems to be closed there over New Years.

Unique Quality: The hotel was recently renovated. It now has one of the most stylish lobbies I have ever seen.

Unfortunately we ended up with a room on the top floor which wasn't too spectacular. I am sure there are better rooms (with jacuzzi in your bath!) and the 7th floor always looked a bit like a forgotten space. The room was nice though, with a lovely bathroom and very clean.

Staff wasn't really on the helpful side so it's hard to be enthusiastic about the hotel. If they had been more friendly and helpful I would definitely rate it as "Very Satisfied", but when I think of the grimmy face of the one lady which seemed to be happy to get rid of us everytime we talked to her I am tempted to only give it a "Satisfied". (In the end it got a Very Satisfied because of the price!)

Please note that even though your booking website might promise you the "free parking" you won't get it. They have only 15 parking spaces for 100 rooms, these are always full of course. We parked our car on the street where weekends are free, anyway. When I came to the reception after we had received a parking fine note in French and ask "the woman" to translate it, she told me that it's 15 EUR (That was the only part I understood myself ;) and that she doesn't have a car so she can't help. She then told me that there are free parking spaces at the square down the road (3 minute walk). If she knows this (if even she doesn't have a car) why doesn't she tell us when we asked about parking first????

Directions: Just down the road from the Berlaymont European Commission building and from Metro stop Schuman. Actually this hotel is just across the road from the other hotel I stayed in. I only realised when we parked our car though ;)

• Decent Hotel for a weekend stay

Decent hotel, near the center of Brussels in the European Quarters. It is comfortable and well taken care of.
    In the weekend the prices are much lower then during the week.
    The breakfast is way to expensive. There are some nice restaurants serving breakfast in the area.

Unique Quality: The most unique quality is it's lack of anything unique. It is an average hotel, just what you need when you want to visit a city,

Directions: European Quarters, just behind the Berlaymont (European Commission Building)

Comments