NH Atlanta Hotel

Tags

Family Travel Women's Travel Business Travel
See Amenities
MikeBird's Profile Photo

Does the NH = Not Heated?

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 31, 2010

The standard room was very well appointed with all the usual stuff you would expect from a medium range hotel. It is also very well located being only 10 mins max walk from the Grand Place. The breakfast was very good but I couldn't help feeling that it was all too busy and confined.

If you visit in the winter make sure that you have lots of thick clothing. The heating in our two rooms was not working although apparently we could have asked for extra room heaters. (We only discovered this when paying the bill). The central part of the hotel feels warm but as you walk down the corridor to the bedroom area one can feel the temperature dropping. The heating controls in our two rooms were set to maximum but clearly were ineffective as we both felt cold particularly in the bath rooms - luckily we didn't spend long in the hotel. I'll not be going back.

Unique Quality: The views from the ninth floor where the breakfast room is located are interesting but not particularly stunning or beautiful as it just overlooks lots of rooftops and office buildings.

A very comfortable hotel in central Brussels

by written on May 31, 2008

I would thoroughly recommend the NH Atlanta, though we found our room (on the street) a little noisy, but we do go to bed early. Breakfast great, and the view from the dining room is lovely. The hotel is centrally located & easy to get to.
I don't know the price in US dollars. In Euros we paid 84 for a double room/night, breakfast was extra.
Careful! breakfast is more expensive in the week than on weekends.

Unique Quality: When we were staying there was a "happy hour" where tapas were free. You can't ask for more than that. The fitness room was really very well equipped.

Directions: in the Monnaie district.

RhineRoll's Profile Photo

Good Location, Don't Bring Your Car

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 1, 2008

I stayed at this hotel over New Year's Eve 2007/2008. My handicap adapted room on 5th floor offered good wheelchair access and was well designed and furnished overall, very comfortable to use. Above standard breakfast -- the breakfast room is located on 9th floor and overlooks the roofs of the city. Staff was friendly and helpful. Excellent location in walking distance to the Grand Place. The only setback was the excessive charge of EUR 25 per day for use of the small indoor car park. The hotel clearly exploits its central location and the lack of available parking lots in the nearby streets. I would stay here again, but when travelling by car, comparison should be made with other hotels taking into account this abusive 25 EUR per day car park charge. Including this charge I payed EUR 100/day for my room. Overall, considering it was New Year's Eve, I do not feel it was unfairly priced.

Directions: The hotel is located on Boulevard Adolphe Max, slightly north of Place de Brouckere

heryanta's Profile Photo

Excellent value for money

by written on July 29, 2007

My favourite of all the hotels I've stayed in Brussels. It is centrally located just one block West of Rue Neuve, the shopping street and only 5 minutes walk to the subway station De Brouckere.
The rooms are nicely appointed, good amenities and I like the fact that the hotel is an old building - somehow glass skyscrapers just don't 'fit' with the experience of vacationing in old city in Europe.

The price is also very reasonable - depending on when you stay (summer holiday is expensive) you can get a room for Euro 75. I'd totally recommend this hotel to anyone.

Directions: Boulevard A. Max between St Michielsstraat & Noorddoorgang

Bearzy's Profile Photo

Good location, good value.

by written on January 12, 2007

I only spent one day in Brussels on my way home to Iceland through London. We were driving and found it somewhat hard to find the hotel. It´s confusing for a newcomer were Adolphe Max Boulevard starts and the other boulevard stops. At last we decided to stop the car and walk and then we found out that we had parked right besides the hotel :) I would suggest bigger logos!

We got an internet-price of about 85 euros a double room. Considering the location and the excellent room that was quite cheap. The hotel has a big boulevard in front of it and a nice shopping street at the back. From the shopping street you can walk to the the downtown which was a very nice experience. The room we stayed in was very nicely decorated, the bed was good and the bathroom very clean and elegant. The guys at the reception were very helpfull and nice.

We didnt have time for the breakfast since we had to leave early but the cost of that was 15 euros per person.

The only problem was a little bit of noise coming from the shopping street (our room faced that side) but thats understandable since it was saturday!

Final tip. If you are on a car-rental, please get directions to the airport from the reception. I thought it was easy and there would be signs everywhere but think again! We got lost for around 45 min. and we were starting to panic! Then luckily I saw an airport shuttle and followed it to the airport, just in time. That was a lucky escape.

I really enjoyed that one day in Brussels and NH Atlanta has a big part of that experience.

Directions: Downtown Brussels.

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Brussels Travel Forum

Need advice about Brussels, Belgium? Visit the Travel Forum for Brussels and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Brussels hotel reviews