Renaissance Brussels

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 34% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• jlanza29's Profile Photo

Great stay, excellent hotel

A great hotel for a great price... We paid 80 Euro's a night and got a promotion that we paid for 2 night and recieved the third night for free. The rooms we a bit on the small size but were nice enough to make it comfortable. The bathroom need to be updated a little bit but are clean and room service was great in replacing towels.

The location is down the street from the Luxemborg train station and a easy walk to all the major sites... about 15 minutes to the Grand Place .... Reaching the hotel was easy as we took the # 12 bus from the airport for 3 euro's

The staff at the hotel were extremely helpful in all our request and would definetly stay here again... can't beat the price !!!! Highly recommend it !!!!!

• alsport's Profile Photo

Not what I'm used to from Renaissance

Very rarely am I disappointed when I stay in a Renaissance Hotel but I was this time.
    The front desk staff, though very friendly, don't seem to have a clue as to what is going on. My room was not ready when I arrived so I had to sit and wait in the lobby. They didn't bother to tell me when the room was actually ready. I had to go and ask them, even though I was sitting in their view.
    I was initially quoted one rate for my parking and later told a different rate. They ended up charging me for 10 days of parking, though i was only there for seven days. I cleared that up at checkout.
    I am a Marriott Platinum member so I am entitled to a few perks....which I never got. To this day, the hotel has not given Marriott HQ my information so I haven't received the points which I am entitled to. (This is three weeks after my stay).
    The hotel is a little bit out of the way but that wasn't much of a problem once I got to know the area.
    Staff are very friendly and try to be helpful but when it comes down to it....they're pretty clueless.

Unique Quality: Can't think of any. There was one maid....working the fourth floor....who was very cool and friendly.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

"Who's Been Sleeping in My Bed" said Papa Bear

Our visit to the Renaissance Brussels started off on the wrong foot, it was our first truly bad driving experience in our 10 days in Benelux as the hotel was off most of the maps and there are so many darn rings and tunnels in Brussels. When we finally located the hotel and checked into our room, we had a Goldilocks moment, who's been sleeping in my bed?!?! We realized that someone had been using our room AFTER the cleaning crew had been there, a opened bottle of Perrier, a randomly tossed bar of soap, a used face cloth. When we mentioned this to the front desk staff, they offered to change us to a twin but we kept the room so we could have the king sized bed.

After those minor miscues, the Renaissance is everything you expect in a business hotel- professional staff, a pool and fitness center, overpriced breakfast (23E!!!!!), overpriced parking (21E), ridiculous charge to use the phone (8E for a short local call). But for $70US per night, it was the cheapest hotel we stayed in on this trip and by far the most comfortable. And when we went to pay for the parking, they validated the ticket but didn't ask for payment so obviously some of the rates include parking.

Unique Quality: The Renaissance is not centrally located (ie near the Grand Place) but out in the European Union district where most of this type of business hotel is located. On foot it took us about 20-25 minutes to get to the center, you can also take a bus or the metro which are both close by. I got it by bidding Priceline ($70US, $53 plus tax) but could only get it for one night.

The room was extremely comfortable, especially after 7 nights of Ibis, Best Western and small hotel beds, I sunk into the bed with the goose down comforter and 6 pillows and didn't want to leave. Room has air conditioning but we didn't need it and there was no street noise at night.

The bathroom was stocked with toiletries and fluffy towels and the shower was hot with plenty of pressure and of course there was a hair dryer.

Directions: European Union district, make sure you have directions if driving

• leplaya's Profile Photo

A great hotel near the EU area

This is a great hotel located near Gare du Luxembourg and EU area. It is a very upscale hotel with great service and very modern rooms. Normally a hotel like this would be very expensive (posted prices were 150 to 500 euros), but it is definately possible to find a good price, if the room is booked ahead. I was able to find a room in late July for only 65 euros on the internet (I'm sorry, I forgot where I found the price at... as soon as I figure it out, I will post it here).

The great thing was that we got upgraded to a suite, so in effect we got a 450 euro room for 65 euros! Just this made Brussels be one of my favorite cities.

Unique Quality: The suite we stayed in had a large bedroom with a king-sized bed, 2 bathrooms, 2 TVs, a large living room and a large enterance hallway. The views from the rooms are amazing, and form our floor we had a pretty good view of the center of the city. There are many other facilities, but we were too busy exploring the city.

There is also a nice restaurarnt in the hotel.

The one bad thing about the hotel is that there is (at least there was as of my last visit - July '05) a great deal of construction around this area and it can be hard to walk around it sometimes.

• Roeffie's Profile Photo

One of Brussels Top 5* hotels

A five star Hotel with excellent breakfast buffet. Large spacious rooms with all comfort you need and would expect from a 5* Hotel.

Good Parkingfacility in own garage underneath the Hotel.

Big fitness facility and swimming pool.

Unique Quality: Large fitness area.
    Nice swimming pool.
    Big underground and free parking area.

Excellent service from personal.

Directions: European Quarter in Upper Town of Brussels, a five minutes walk away from the Royal Palace and Avenue Louise.

More about Renaissance Brussels

Comfortable and Convenient at the Renaissance Brussels

by TripAdvisor Member Stagrl1

I stayed at the Renaissance Brussels in March with my husband, sister, and brother in law and we all thought it was a great place. We were welcomed immediately upon arrival and the women at the front desk were very warm. The rooms are comfortable and clean and a nice size. It was very quiet at night and we all slept very well. The gym is great (if you even have a moment to spare in a city as great as Brussels!)and the hotel bar seemed to be a popular place for business professionals and tourists to have a drink in the evening. As far as location, the hotel is conveniently located near a bus stop that goes to the Grand Place and it is about a 10 minute ride. We had breakfast every morning at a cafe called Tout Bon which is a short walk from the hotel and located across from the Luxemburg Square (which is where to catch the bus). They had great croissants, breads and jams and it made for an inexpensive yet filling breakfast each day. Overall, we had a great experience at this hotel and we think it is perfect for budget travellers looking for a classy hotel.

Comfortable Business Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member EaganTraveler

My wife and I spent two nights at the Renaissance Brussels Hotel, January 14 and 15. While our room was not ready upon arrival (we arrived around 1:00PM) they quickly found a room on the club level floor. The room was clean and comfortable with nice amenities. It is time for the hotel to start replacing the mattresses as the bed was not comfortable. We did not use the dining room but it appeared busy during the entire day. The club floor does not offer services on the weekend. The concierge working during the week is marvelous. He is a member of the gold key concierge group and goes above and beyond to assist the guests.

The hotel is located near the EU buildings and not close to the Grand Place. While there is a metro stop a short 10 minute walk away, use the buses that frequent the area for faster and more convenient transportation.

I would recommend this hotel if you are o.k. with being away from the center of town and want an international hotel with good service.

could not have been better

by TripAdvisor Member loveinnkeeping

My husabnd and I stayed at the Renaissance Brussels about two years ago. This review is a little late but I felt it was important to comment after all this time.

Our daughter was in Brussles working as an intern for a local designer for school credit.
She was a fashion design student in Cincinnati and every other quarter was spent working.

A friend of our daughters told us about the hotel so we stayed while we were in Brussles.

I will always remember the hotels attention to detail in every area.The smell of the fresh flowers in the entrance way greeted us as we came through the door. The employees behind the desk were professional and very helpful,only speaking English was not a problem.

We were quickly taken to our room. The room had everything we needed. An average sized room that made us feel special. I'm figuring that there had to be bigger rooms or suites but our room was perfect.

Breakfast was just as great. Good service, good food , great atmosphere.

The smallness of the hotel was what made us feel like we were a guest and not a number.

I would return to this hotel again if I returned to Brussels.

My husband and I own a bed and breakfast in Kentucky (USA) and I understand what hospitality is all about.

it's great!

I stayed at this hotel last weekend and I will definitely go back there when visiting Brussels again. The service is good and the rooms are very comfortable and spacious. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Travel from Brussels Central/Midi to Gare Du Luxembourg

by kaps

I am planning to take the IC train from Amsterdam to Brussels. We are staying at Renaissance Brussels Hotel
Rue du Parnasse 19
Brussels, 1050 Belgium
which is near Gare du Luxembourg. Can someone guide me as to which of the Brussels stations would it be advisable to get off at(Central,Midi or Noord) and how to proceed from there?

by Mariajoy

I am just bookmarking this posting for future reference!!! (I found it very confusing last time I was in Brussels but I plan to go again and hopefully I will be more enlightened this time!

by cadzand

You best get off in Brussels Noord. About every 10 minutes a train starts direction Brussels Luxemburg station. For one of these directions the train halts in the Brussels Luxemburg station : Ottignies-Louvain-La-Neuve (universtity), Luxemburg (L.), Liers or Dinant.
Have a nice trip

by Norali

Hello,

I'd step down at Gare centrale then take the bus 60 (direction VIVIER D'OIE) whose stop near Gare centrale is called "CENTRALE B", located on PUTTERIE/CANTERSTEEN.

Step down at Luxembourg bus stop (some 10 minute ride)
Rue du parnasse is not far from there. (2-3 minute walk)

Enjoy Brussels

RE: RE: Travel from Brussels Central/Midi to Gare Du Luxembourg

by Norali

Hmmm spoilt for choice. hahaha
I'd rather metro and bus than train but it's a matter of taste and habit, I guess.

RE: RE: Travel from Brussels Central/Midi to Gare Du Luxembourg

by kaps

Thanks a lot for all the information.Am really looking forward to my trip.

Comments