Rue de l'Amigo 1 - 3, Brussels, 1000, Belgium

Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 47% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• tere1's Profile Photo

An OK Hotel, Not Great!

The Rocco Forte hotel amigo is considered the best in Brussels and is part of the Leading Hotels of the World, but I was a bit disappointed with it.

I spent 2 nights there last January and I found it an average hotel with expensive prices!

My room was clean, comfortable ,but small and not up to 5 stars and the same applies to the bathroom. Toiletries were nothing special either. TV had mostly news channels from all over the world, no entertainement channels.

The location is excellent and can't be beaten , right off the Grand Place and the breakfast was really good. I think these were really the only things I liked about the hotel.

I was a woman travelling alone and I felt as being invisible to the staff and didn't feel welcomed. The 2 times I tried to get some information from the concierge I wasn't given any atention.

When I arrived at the hotel I was showed the room and then I came down to eat something at the restaurant as I was really hungry. It was 14.15 and the restaurant was supposed to serve until 14.30.
    As soon as the waiter saw me entering the dining room he came to me saying that they weren't serving lunch anymore at that time. I asked him where I could eat, to recommend me a restaurant nearby ,and he just said I could find many restaurants outside on road something ( it was my first time in Brussels and I didn't even know where I was ).

I have stayed in better 4 star hotels! Anyway, I don't plan to return to Brussels, but I wouldn't stay here again.

Unique Quality: Good location next to the Grand Place.

Directions: Close to the Grand Place.

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo

Charming reception

This a prestigious hotel from the Rocco Forte Group.
    I have never stayed here, but I am always charmed when seeing the valets in their lovely uniforms at the door of this hotel.

This hotel's location on the corner of the Amigo street and the narrow "Stoofstreet" just around the corner of the Grand Place, has no equal.
    The valets in their notable suits are real attention-getters and so are the customers when stepping out of their expensive cars.

Mostly the street is very crowded by tourists on their way to "Manneken Pis", just a few meters ahead.

Casual detail: in common Belgian language, a prison is called "the Amigo". The hotel was built in the fifties on the remains of a prison.

• DanielF's Profile Photo

Luxury option in the centre

This luxury hotel is managed by the Rocco Forte chain and is the closest to the Grand Place (right behind the City Hall). It has been totally refurbished a few years ago in a grand classic style with a contemporary twist. Since it is located among narrow streets, the views are not really outstanding and, furthermore, the rooms facing the street may be a bit noisy.

Its posh Italian restaurant, Ristorante Bocconi, is one of the most celebrated in town.

• seansf's Profile Photo

Nice hotel but not what I expected

Pleasant hotel but not what I was expecting. Had heard this was a very elegant hotel and I did not find it to be that way. Room was nice and adequite but not extremely charming,. It did have a very good location though- just behind the Grand Place. OK hotel but not one of the best.

Unique Quality: Good location

• melissa_bel's Profile Photo

Amigo, just steps from the Grand'Place

“Amigo” in Brussels means a jail cell which is not surprising seeing that this hotel is located not far the police station, just off Grand-Place. I remember walking to school one morning during an EU summit and who do I see getting out of the hotel surrounded by an armada of body guards: John Major, then the UK’s Prime Minister, German chancellor Helmut Khol and French Prime Minister Alain Juppe. That can give you an idea of the standing of this property. A very classy property.

• wadekorzan's Profile Photo

Hotel Amigo is 'One of the...

Hotel Amigo is 'One of the Leading Hotels of the World'. It is one of those places that ends up being a beautiful part of your whole experience rather than just a place to stay. Excellent location 5 minutes waling from the main square called the 'Grand Place'.
    Euros 400/night. It is a splurge but worth it!

Unique Quality: Beautiul place to stay in the heart of the city!

More about Rocco Forte Hotel Amigo

Hotel Amigo is lovely....

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Amigo for 2 nights in March for our first anniversary, and we really loved the hotel. The location is perfect if you're hoping to be within a few steps of Le Grand Place, adorable shops, and fantastic little restaurants. The room was a nice size, bathrooms are absolutely stunning and modern with lovely marble floors...which offer under floor heating! The turndown service is a very nice touch, but really the whole hotel is what makes it worthwhile. Now, the main negative I feel I must bring up is the room service breakfast....to us, it was quite a disappointment for 28 Euros. Small portions, nothing impressive about it. And finally, the staff...a little stuffy for our taste, not very friendly, with the exception of the front desk staff who checked us in and out. They were really nice... All in all, it's a lovely hotel, and worth staying in while visiting Brussels.

Great Boutique Hotel in a Great Location

The location is almost everything here, and it is gravy to add that it is a wonderful luxurious hotel with excellent service, resources and decor. I loved the Hotel Amigo, and will happily return to its understated but well situated charms.

Comments