23 Rue du Damier, Brussels, 1000, Belgium

Priceline.com Booking.com eDreams

• wegass's Profile Photo

Inexpensive place to stay in Brussels

The Sleepwell is a hostel, but it also has private rooms with ensuite bathrooms. It is a nice, clean place to stay for a low price. There is no curfew and you can come and go as you please. You just need to bring your own towel. It is also in a good location for getting around the city.

• steedappeal's Profile Photo

Value...value...oh, did I mention value?!

The best budget hostel stay I have ever had (and I work for in the hotel business). Perfect for a short or even a longer-term stay. I needed a clean, reliable place the night before my early morning flight and this was perfect. Location near to Rogier Metro as well as the Gare du Nord which has quick access (15 mins) to Brussels Airport.

Unique Quality: Great location and very upbeat atmosphere. Very clean and new construction. Ample common areas and even a bar (with a bit of a French African chill vibe). Very good internet access. A few eccentricities: like one elevator that only goes from the Lobby upstairs; you have to walk down the stairs or take the other 'down' elevator. Excellent security since lifts won't work without your card key. I occupied a Hostel single with private toilet but shared shower. I had to make-up my own bed but big deal! The only thing I missed was TV. If I had stayed longer there is a lookout period during the day (11 am until 3 pm) for housekeeping to maintain your room. There is no lockout if you book a 'Star' room at a higher rate. Entire facility is smoke-free. Essential to use their "Use-it" maps for Brussels and other great Belgian cities since they offer first-rate info.

Directions: Near to Metro Rogier and 5 minute walk to Gare du Nord. Behind City2 shopping mall.

• viajeras2's Profile Photo

The Hotel section

VEry good location in downtown of Brussels, have to section the Hostal and the Hotel area.
    I recomend the Hotel area, is safe and very clean, with tv, private bath. With a good price.

Unique Quality: close of everything . You have to paid by person not by room, but still they considerate a private room in the hotel section.

• heryanta's Profile Photo

Cheap, clean & centrally located

First time I went to Brussels I was a freshman in college with very little money. So we jumped on a bus (you know you're poor when you travel with the bus) and stayed at Sleep Well. Back then they just recently opened and it was clean, comfortable, cheap (we each paid like $25 and got a room for ourselves), and surprisingly it's in a very central location.

You walk 5 minutes (it's the next street over) and you find yourself in Rue Neuve, the shopping street of Brussels.

My youth hostel days are behind me but I will recommend this hostel to anyone.

Directions: It is one block East of Rue Neuve (Nieuwstraat) at Kooistraat

• kapsig1295's Profile Photo

good if you are in a pinch

Long stay I ended up in a privet room since I was moving here and had a lot of stuff with me. Some staff are friendly but as a whole they are pretty numb. Very large place witch leads to no personalization of facilities.

Directions: by the City 2 mall

• simonli625's Profile Photo

Sleepwell Hostel: Good location and clean

We spent a night at this hostel in a 2 beds room with private toliet and showers for about 50 euros. It was pretty cheap. The front service desk is friendly and helpful. The hostel is nice and clean and have a elevator to go to your room. ( We stayed at 6th floor). Breakfast is included and they serve between 7 - 9 a.m. The breakfast is pretty simply: Cereals, milk, coffee, orange juice, tea.

The hostel actually is pretty hot at night. Probably the heat was on and we have to open the windows to let some cool air in. It was kind of noisy because there is an constructions site next door.

Towel is not included and you can purchased at the front desk for 4 euros.

Unique Quality: Location: Pretty close to GARE DU NORD train station, metro station rogier and shopping area. The place is clean and pretty decent for the price.

Directions: Shopping District

• yogb's Profile Photo

Cheap Hostel in Brussels

I stayed here for one night. It was very clean hostel. Only problem I faced is elevator. Somehow it dont worked for me. So finally i used emergency staircase :-))

Breakfast was OK. Toast, Bread, Corn Flakes, Ornage Juice.

I paid 19 Euro. (15 Euro for room rent and 4 Euro for bed sheets)

It is just 2 minutes walk from Rogier Tram/Metro station. But be careful. Have a map and follow it as there are many small lanes from rogier metro station and if you miss proper one you might be lost. People hardly speak English there and use french a lot. I was helped by Hotel door keeper to find out my way to SleepWell Hostel.

The staff at reception was not rude but was not also kind. ...:-)

Best place to stay if you are on budget trip.

Directions: Please follow map. When you come out of Rogier tram station, near bus stop you will find Big Map on road. You can follow it. But remember it is just 2 minutes walk from Rogier. If you go beying 2 minutes...its sure you are lost somewhere.

• juzz's Profile Photo

cheap and clean hostel

We spent a night in this hostel, we found it cheap and clean. We stayed in a 3 beds room with common (cleen) toilet and showers at the floor. The water wasn't hot in the night but in the morning it was great in the morning.
    The breakfast was ok (milk, tea, bread, butter, jam and corn flakes).
    The receptionists were very kind and helped us with maps, guides and so on.
    And there were a lot of boys and girls from many countries.
    We payed about 23 euros per person per night, with breakfast

• viddra's Profile Photo

A Few Steps From The City Centre

I stayed 2 nights in a 6-bed bedroom in this modern and very comfortable hostel for 32.85 euros (breakfast included). The girl at the reception desk was kind enough to inform me that I can use the luggage room, internet and that they organize discount city tours and karaoke in the evening.

Breakfast (jam, cereals) is from 7a.m. to 9a.m. You can pay some extra money for lunch (12a.m. to 1.30p.m.) and dinner (6.30p.m. to 8.30p.m.) for all days except Sunday.

Check-in is around 3p.m. and check-out before 11a.m.

The reception's open round the clock.

• Lyneke's Profile Photo

Hostel ~ Right in the centre

Unique Quality: - The location can't be better! At night it's very quite, and it's a safe area.

Sleep Well biedt kamers aan in alle categorieën: van 1 tot 6 bedden, met of zonder eigen sanitair, voor studenten, gezinnen, backpackers enz. Speciale voorwaarden voor groepen.
    Tal van ontspanningsruimten, televisiekamer, bar, terras, barbecue, vergaderzalen… Fietsverhuur en geleide bezoeken. Lidkaart niet verplicht, dag en nacht open.

Directions: - Just one street away from the 'Nieuwstraat' (Rue Neuve), famous for its shops.
    - Between North and Central Station (only 10' walk from both stations), and 2' away from the subway 'Rogier' (where you can take allmost all lines to cross Brussels)

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Slept Well

I stayed here a couple of years ago. Had a bit of a mini breakdown when I couldn't find it, and then wanted to kick myself for walking right over it two or three times. It's located down what looks like a little alleyway and is in reality only a five minute walk or so from the train station. I felt like the area right outside of it was a little shady after dark, but it was extremely close to the Grand Place and shopping. Some people complain that it is very institutional-like, but I didn't feel like this was a negative aspect. It felt more like a no-stars hotel than a typical youth hostel. The staff were very rude and impolite, but at least it was clean. Very clean. Breakfast was the typical hostel fare-toast and tea.

Directions: If you've arrive at Gare du Nord by bus or train, walk south down rue du Progres/Vooruitgang. When you cross the busy avenue du Boulevard/Bolwerklaan, continue for one more block, then take a left onto rue de la Blanchisserie, then a right at rue Damier.

• MUFConTour's Profile Photo

Very Clean modern Hostel

Looking for a budget hotel became impossible (OK so this was before I joined VT) so this was our first experience of a "hostel" & the Sleepwell was certainly clean, modern and well located I found the beds personally very uncomfortable. There were 5 of us on this trip (V Anderlecht) and we shared a 6 bed room @ 13 Euro per night. I noticed on the website they now also offer "upmarket" rooms with private facilities. All in all not a bad experience, and although I've never tried a hostel since i would guess this was one of the better ones

Unique Quality: Good location

• cadzand's Profile Photo

A budget hotel

Sleep Well Youth Hotel
    is located in a brand new and welcoming modern building, located centrally in the heart of Brussels. It offers a wide-range of first class services. In the Capital of Europe, Sleep Well is nearly more central than Manneken Pis himself.

E-mail : info@sleepwell.be

Directions: In the city center, near Central station

• Youth Hostel

It's a cheap and clean hostel, with a nice atmosphere, a cyber-cafe and a location near a major Metro station. The staff was quite nice and despite my delayed flight they kept my room after I called them from the airport and told them I am to arrive at night (instead of early afternoon).
    The breakfast was disappointing (but after all it's not a luxury restaurant). I had to ask for coffee and then it came all watery.
    And it took me a while to find the address. But don't despair - I'm just impossible with directions, so it was mainly my fault.

Unique Quality: The building interior is quite interesting - glass and metal, nice modern lobby area, stairs that initially confused me. But I really liked it.
    For the hostel facilities, check their web-page:
    You can make a reservation online.

Directions: From North Train Station walk to Place Rogier (metro station there) - 5 to 10 min. Take rue de Neuve (direction SW), make a left at Blekerijstr. - you'll end up at Daumier street

Comments