Luke Vukalovica 1, Trebinje, 89101, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Trebinje

View over TrebinjeView over Trebinje

Trebinje town centreTrebinje town centre

View from our bedroom over the roofs of Old TownView from our bedroom over the roofs of Old Town

an attractive corneran attractive corner

Sprkska Stamps

by BelgiumThomas

I recently found out Republic of Srpska has its owm stamps!! As Trebinje lies in this Republic, would it be possible for me to buy some of these stamps in a Trebinje post office?
I suppose I can't buy them in a BHpost office and have to look for a srpska office, so is there one in Trebinje? And where is it located? Is it easily to find?

Re: Sprkska Stamps

Hi there,

Hopefully you'll get this message before you leave:

that's a map of Trebinje. If you click on Ãëàâíà Ïîøòà on the right hand side that will show you the location of the Main Post Office in Trebinje.

I sent some postcards from there a year and a half ago. I also sent some postcards from Stolac which is in the Croat dominated part of Herzegovina. I believe the postcards in each city were weighed and instead of a lick and paste stamp and old style dip in ink and hit the postcard with a stamp was used. I never thought to ask to see if they have normal stamps for sale.

Cheers,
b

Travel Tips for Trebinje

Blue skies and a gorgeous river!!!

by Biljana

Well the place one must visit when in Trebinje is a caffe...."Pod Platanima". The caffe is located in the main city square under a bunch of beautiful, old trees. This is the perfect place to relax and get away from the very hot and bright sun during summer times! One tradition associated with Trebinje....
every time I visit the city I go and walk across the Arslanagica bridge! The bridge is an example of beautiful Ottoman architecture and great place to get close up to the river.

Coffee "Ispod platana"

by Prasnjavi

Early in the morning, you will see many people coming back from the green market and having a coffee and "loza" (alcohol drink). It will be good to give waiter a tip around 10% of the bill.
The very famous place is coffee bar "Ispod platana" close to city green market.

The old road

by JLBG

In some parts, the old road remains along the new one, built in the 50s. In the same way as other old roads in former Yugoslavia, it was built in stone, almost like a wide wall. Thus it is always narrow and it is very difficult to pass another car: there is no space to go out of the road itself, no shoulder at all. Fortunately, these old roads are now almost not in use anymore!

Manastir Tvrdos

by Biljana

This beautiful monastery is located close to Trebinje. Its construction was completed in 1510. The frescos in the monastery where done by Vicko Lovrov, a painter from Dubrovnik. In 1694 the monastery was destroyed in a war. The monastery was built from the start in the 20th century.

my introduction to Republika Srpska

by iaint

"how to be diplomatic"

I stopped here for lunch in October 09 while driving from Mostar to Kotor through the mountains (as opposed to via Dubrovnik).

I'd read somewhere (maybe VT or maybe my guide book) that it has an old town which is worth visiting.

Well lunch was fine. Pide from a bakery and a bottle of pop, eaten in the park.

The old town was a bit of a damp squib however, and I moved on after an hour or so.

Maybe if I'd had more time I would have explored and found some hidden gems.

"my thoughts"

It's a pleasant enough place, but well off the beaten track. It is on or close to the Hercegovina Wine Trail however, so that might attract some folks.

The road from Mostar to the town is quite spectacular. Almost worth the trip on its own. The road from the town over to Herceg-Novi in Montenegro is even more thrilling

Comments