Hostel City Center Sarajevo

Saliha Hadzihuseinovica Mukevita No. 2/3, Sarajevo, 71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
#20 of 80 hotels in Sarajevo
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 2 reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 54 reviews
Booking.com HostelBookers.com
Avieira67's Profile Photo

Excellent location in the city

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 3, 2015

I was looking for the Heart of Sarajevo Hostel and, by mistake, ended in this hostel as the building is the same. The staff was very kind and invited me for a cup of tea. Then, allowed me to use the internet, as they had available computers.
I have found this hostel very clean, well furnished, very well located in the city centre and managed by a brilliant staff. It is a great place to stay for a couple of days!

Was glad to leave!

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 24, 2011

We were recommended this place by a fellow traveller and was impressed by many of the reviews but we ended up disappointed during our stay here. Firstly, we were in a twin room and one of the beds had serious bed bugs so my friend got eaten quite badly. My first morning there, I was impressed and pleasantly surprised to find cereal provided for the hostelites. Naturally I dug in. While I was eating, a cleaning lady came by carrying a mop and dirty rags, walked into the kitchen, stuck her hand into the cereal container, grabbed a handful of cornflakes and ate them off her hands like some cavewoman. I couldn't believe it. She didn't even care that I could see her.

Other than that, the facilties aren't bad. Bathrooms are nice and big and generally kept clean. A young local girl who mends the desk is friendly and helpful whereas the guy who does the other shift is ok, as helpful as he needs to be.

Unique Quality: Not bad facilities. Having to take off shoes is a bit of a pain but you do appreciate that it keeps the place clean. Can't complain about the location though, it's very central but is a long walk up some dodgy looking stairs. Overall ok but I wouldn't stay there again due to bed bugs and uncouth cleaning lady sticking her dirty hands into the cornflakes container that other people eat out of!

Nearby Hostel City Center Sarajevo

4 Photos of Hostel City Center Sarajevo

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Hostel City Center Sarajevo

• Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette

Sarajevo Travel Forum

Need advice about Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina? Visit the Travel Forum for Sarajevo and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Sarajevo hotel reviews