Hostel City Center Sarajevo

Saliha Hadzihuseinovica Mukevita No. 2/3, Sarajevo, 71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
#19 of 80 hotels in Sarajevo
Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 53 reviews
Hostelworld.com HostelBookers.com

Was glad to leave!

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 24, 2011

We were recommended this place by a fellow traveller and was impressed by many of the reviews but we ended up disappointed during our stay here. Firstly, we were in a twin room and one of the beds had serious bed bugs so my friend got eaten quite badly. My first morning there, I was impressed and pleasantly surprised to find cereal provided for the hostelites. Naturally I dug in. While I was eating, a cleaning lady came by carrying a mop and dirty rags, walked into the kitchen, stuck her hand into the cereal container, grabbed a handful of cornflakes and ate them off her hands like some cavewoman. I couldn't believe it. She didn't even care that I could see her.

Other than that, the facilties aren't bad. Bathrooms are nice and big and generally kept clean. A young local girl who mends the desk is friendly and helpful whereas the guy who does the other shift is ok, as helpful as he needs to be.

Unique Quality: Not bad facilities. Having to take off shoes is a bit of a pain but you do appreciate that it keeps the place clean. Can't complain about the location though, it's very central but is a long walk up some dodgy looking stairs. Overall ok but I wouldn't stay there again due to bed bugs and uncouth cleaning lady sticking her dirty hands into the cornflakes container that other people eat out of!

Nearby Hostel City Center Sarajevo

Amenities at Hostel City Center Sarajevo

• Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette

Sarajevo Travel Forum

Need advice about Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina? Visit the Travel Forum for Sarajevo and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Sarajevo hotel reviews