Hotel Saraj

See Amenities

Fantastic view of city

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 19, 2007

I had a really great stay at the Saraj in August 2007. My room faced the city and had a huge balcony with table and chairs. The room was really nice and in good condition; it was apparently a smoking room but I couldn't smell any smoke in the room from previous guests.

The corridors were quite dark and on different levels. Apparently if your room is on the other side of the corridor, your window faces the rock!! I suppose it depends when you visit, but I went in August and it was really quiet- I hardly saw anyone else at breakfast on both mornings.

The staff on reception all spoke perfect English and were very helpful.

Directions: Centrally located

craic's Profile Photo

On the top of a hill

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 22, 2006

This is a very comfortable hotel, perhaps just a little shabby, but the staff are so nice!!! Exceedingly helpful and polite and most of them speak English, or at least they try.
My stay was paid for so I really don't know how much it costs - but I suspect middle range.
Swimming pool, sauna, gym, beauty salon etc on the top floor. I went up and had a massage on my last day, which was excellent, and reasonably priced.
The laundry service was a little expensive - but then it always is - and they replaced a pair of my black knickers with the most enormous! pair of black swimming trunks I have ever seen. The next day at breakfast I glanced around the dining room, wondering which of the enormous Turkish men was missing his swimmers.
I tried to convey to the laundress that these were not mine. She had no English. So I made a flourish and held them up against me. Laugh! She laughed and laughed and laughed! Whisked them away from me and swept out of the room, laughing all the way.
But I never got my knickers back.
En suite, of course, satellite tv - muezzin call at dawn just outside - most exotic - no tea or coffee making facilities, but that doesn't seem to happen very often in Europe. Comfy bed, made up in a very odd way, I almost thought someone had apple pied my bed - clean room. Mini bar. Don't know about room service. Internet available in a room off the lobby.
Top of the hill above the old town. Nice view. And possible to walk down the hill, but oh dear I think you would want a taxi up the hill after most outings. Luckily taxis seem to be reasonably priced.
The breakfast was lavish - especially after Italian breakfasts - I liked the salted white cheese most. AND because this is Bosnia you can smoke in the dining room.
Anything else? Well, it was extremely pleasant, but just a little bit out of the way. It seemed to cater for people who wanted to take advantage of the pool, gym, beauty therapy thing. Kind of health resort.

mtncorg's Profile Photo

Grand view over the Bosnian Capital

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 6, 2003

The hotel offers a close-in location with a grand view down the Miljacka over the city. A short 15 minute walk will take you into the heart of the Bascarsija or you can head higher where even grander views of the city will await. The rooms are normal hotel rooms. The restaurant is fine. Prices are reasonable and somewhat negotiable. There are cheaper places to stay and much more expensive places to stay - ie Holiday Inn. None sit above the Basceni (City swimming pool).

Unique Quality: Stay here for the views and the close-in location.

Directions: Just east of the Bascarsija, off the road to Pale. It sits in a cliff above the swimming pool and the Miljacka.

Nearby Hotel Saraj

• Room Service
  • Fitness Center
  • Business Services

Sarajevo Travel Forum

Need advice about Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina? Visit the Travel Forum for Sarajevo and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Sarajevo hotel reviews