Sarajevo Hotels

Our Members Say

• lankadjanka profile photo lankadjanka

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hostel Franz Ferdinand: Wonderful accommodation in Sarajevo!

This hostel is located the heart of Sarajevo. It is very close to all of the major sites in Sarajevo (walking distance). It is also safe and clean. The Franz Ferdinand team was very helpful to us. The hostel also offers free city tours with wonderful guide. You should stay this hostel for your Sarajevo visit. You will not regret it! http://www.franzferdinandhostel.com/

• Written March 28, 2014

• flynboxes profile photo flynboxes
  • Reviews: 574

Bosnia Hotel: Gem in the center of the city

Service was fine for a hotel of this caliber. Check in is at noon so we left our bags at the counter after we arrived off a morning flight from Istanbul. Rooms do not have much of a view but are clean and quiet for the most part. We were up a few floors and the room as warm so we ran the a/c for a few minutes to cool it down. Breakfast was included in our rate and was very filling with a full spread...not your usual bread, jam and juice. The price was a little high but I had the wife with me so no hostels on this trip.

The hotel is located right in the center of town and is a short walk to the Latin Bridge etc........

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Architecture, Museum Visits, Historical Travel
  • Written November 10, 2013
Tip Photo

• handsoum profile photo handsoum
  • Reviews: 21

Bristol Hotel: Great luxury hotel in Sarajevo

Everything you would expect from a 5-star hotel. Comfortable, clean rooms. Great service.

The hotel is not within walking distance from the old town, but a taxi will get you there in about 5-7 minutes for less than 5 USD. The hotel also offers free shuttle services 4 times a day. I was there in the low season so the staff adapted the shuttle times to my need and were able to modify the itinerary to suit my needs.

The Brasserie on the river-side of the hotel is very good and the lobby restaurant is OK.

The service was truely amazing.

I really enjoyed the indoor swimming pool and sauna in the evenings after a long-day of work.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Business Travel, Singles, Seniors
  • Written April 1, 2012

Indoor pool at Hotel Bristol

• gordonilla profile photo gordonilla
  • Reviews: 1539

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Bristol Sarajevo: "Cheerful Moments in Sarajevo"

This was the hotel selected by my Bosnian colleagues; it was a great choice and the view from my room was excellent. The hotel has a range of amenities and I have to say it would be a place i would, or should I say will return too. The next time it will be a personal visit rather than business.

Free wifi and a free mini bar - however do not get to excited. The mini bar is only stocked with soft drinks. Excellent service and great place to stay.

• Written November 8, 2011

Exterior

• highwayman1 profile photo highwayman1

Hotel Yildiz Sarajevo: The Best Place to Stay in The Downtown

I came to Bosnia in August 2008, planning to stay for 5 days. I ended up staying a month. The kindness and warmth of people blew me away and it all started before I even arrived, when I made my booking with Hotel Yildiz. The receptionist Aida told me her boss would come to the airport to pick me up. I was really amazed that a small hotel owner would even offer to do that.

I found the hotel to be located right in the heart of the beautiful old town. This has got to be the best location, it is where you definately want to be if you are coming to Sarajevo. No taxis, busses or trams are needed to get to any important location; anything from restaurants to laundry shops. The old town centre or, Bascharsija ,is a work of art. Stunning views of the over looking mountains with minarets rising to the sky leave you speechless.

The hotel rooms were exceptionally clean and had a new feel to them. The hotel was recently renovated and that may explain things. I am a big sticker for hygiene to the point where I check the linens in hotel rooms before I actually check in. I am gald to be able to say the rooms, beds, linens and bathroom were all clean, neat and tidy. The room also had a pleasant and cheerful artisic design. Not the sort of depressing environment you usually get in budget accomodation. The rooms were a little small but for that price I guess it is only to be expected. The rooms have wireless internet, a nice flatscreen TV and neat bathrooms with private shower cubicals and toilets for each room. Some of the rooms have their own closests, some dont. I guess that maybe the only real negative point.

The attitude of hotel staff really make it a wonderful place to stay. They were so attentive to my needs I felt like I was staying with family or friends, rather than a hotel. I will never forget that when I asked for an iron to iron a shirt, the lady at the reception instead took the shirt and ironed it for me. When I needed the number of the bus station front desk lady, Aida, called the station for me and got the information I needed.
This hotel could teach the big ones a thing or 2 about hospitality and making you enjoy being away from home.

• Written June 18, 2009
Tip Photo

• mikey_e profile photo mikey_e
  • Reviews: 1956

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Yildiz: What is that smell?!?

I came to hotel Yildiz just sort of on a whim. I had arrived in Sarajevo with the names and addresses of a few places, but no reviews of what accomodations would be like, or suggestions of where to stay. The Bascarsija area is stacked with pensions (ponocitelj in Serbian, I think), but for some reason I had the midconception that it would be better (i.e. better service, better rooms, maybe even wifi) if I stayed in a hotel. That was my big mistake. Hotel Yildiz was right across from the main square in Sarajevo, so its sign was clearly visible and, on first view, it looked like a quiet and clean place. It was 40 euro or 80 marks a night, which wasn't ridiculous (I was paying 40 euro a night in Barcelona, where budget accomodation is much easier to come by than in the Balkans), and the owner seemed very helpful and friendly. My nose must have been congested, however, as I didn't notice the fetid stench given off by the washroom until the next day. It filled the room and was nauseatic, and didn't die down through the entirety of my stay. Beyond that, the room was internal, yet freezing, and had little to no ventilation. The "bathroom" was actually a shower cubicle with a sink and toilet installed, as everything got soaked when I used the shower and it took a good 8 hours for things to dry. I would definitely suggest that you look elsewhere for accomodations if you're coming to Sarajevo.

Perhaps the only thing that was good about the hotel were the people. The owner spoke little English but was very helpful, and his receptionist, Ajda, spoke perfect English and was very welcoming. The warm atmosphere is made interesting by the mafiosi who show up at night to hang out and watch the massive flat screen tv, and the various fundamentalists who stay at the hotel because of its proximity to the various mosques in Bascarsija and who talk about "their Muslim brothers" as Bosniaks look to find them brides... for a price. Definitely the type of place that provides you with more than a few stories for your friends at home.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written September 20, 2008

Hotel Yildiz entrance

• Moon74 profile photo Moon74

Dom Faletici: Quiet and Nice place for get-away

I stayed in this motel in August, this year (2007). It was recommendation from one of my friends who stayed there before and I am really thankful for this information. This motel is located up on the hill, just 5 min. driving from Bascarsija, center of Old Town of Sarajevo. There is local bus transportation every 15-20 min. so you don't even have to use your car or taxi. If you really want to stay at the place close to the city, but not crowded and noisy while you are resting after long day visiting attractions of the city, this is a perfect place for stay. This motel disposes with comfort rooms, apartments, cafeteria, restaurant, winter's garden, grill at the waterside of Moscanica with a specialties from spit or under the iron pan and domestic food. Service from friendly personnel is highly rated. Next time when I visit, I know where to go. Highly recommended and price affordable place!

Quiet place, panoramic view of the city and river Moscanica. While you are eating on the outside terrace you can, also, enjoy birds twitter.

• Related to: Jungle and Rain Forest, Road Trip, Food and Dining
  • Written December 1, 2007
Tip Photo

• datapanik profile photo datapanik
  • Reviews: 158

Hotel Marsal: Where to stay for a skiing trip to Sarajevo

Friendly and comfortable hotel with 70 rooms about 23km from Sarajevo, popular with skiers and winter sports fans. Ski hire and tuition is available at very reasonable prices. The hotel has been recently renovated to a high standard which is matched by the quality of the breakfast and dinner available.

This hotel has a superb location on the beautiful Bjelasnica mountain; perfect as a base for a skiing trip or hiking in summer. The slopes are only metres away and range from gentle beginners' slopes to a hair-raising giant slalom.

• Related to: Skiing and Boarding
  • Written November 4, 2007

Hotel Marsal on Mt.Bjelasnica, Sarajevo

• neodue profile photo neodue
  • Reviews: 304

Pension-guest house: Best Bosnian Guest house

I found this pension on the internet.I made my rezervation by e-mail.No payed pre-payment.The owner of the place is a nice lady who bougth this old house and renevated this house.It is very new pension and opned on april.It is a quite place with a small private garden.Very clean rooms with TV.Breakfast is perfect and personal are very respectfull.They respect you.

No great wiew or pool but nice people and clean rooms and ottoman ambience nice decorations.

• Written August 9, 2007

House

• darkulix27 profile photo darkulix27
  • Reviews: 10

Several

The most famous is the hotel chain Holiday Inn in Sarajevo which is very easy to find.
But there are many other hotels, motels and also private accommodations that are very cheap (10-15 EURO for private).
The rooms are very clean and good looking.

• Written July 20, 2007

• mdarcan profile photo mdarcan
  • Reviews: 8

Kandilj Konak: Very Lovely Bosnian House

Tihs pension is very close to the city center Bascarsi. Very clean, newly renovated Bosnian house. The owner and the maneger of the pension is friendly and kind people. The pension has air conditioning, tv and shower in the rooms.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip, Backpacking
  • Written June 25, 2007

• sabsi profile photo sabsi
  • Reviews: 2815

URLs I found interesting: Other places to stay

I investigated the accommodation scene in Sarajevo quite intensely as I found it quite hard to find a nice place to stay at a decent price. As we were travelling on a limited budget we decided to stay in a simple hostel.

I have kept of the interesting URLs for you though because they might help you if you plan a stay in Sarajevo with a slightly bigger wallet. The first two choices were my favourites:

Pension Halvat
Hotel Michele
Holiday Inn Hotel
Hotel Saraj

• Written June 21, 2007

Holiday Inn

• Marko_hostel profile photo Marko_hostel

Rooms: Accommodation - Hostel

The Marko Polo Hostel offers single rooms, double rooms, triple rooms, fourfold rooms equipped in accordance with high standards that overlook the old part of town. All rooms are equipped with TV, satellite connection and also have a possibility for internet connection.

* single rooms
* double rooms
* triple rooms
* fourfold rooms

If you decide to stay in our hostel you can spend your time in a lobby with satellite TV and coffee machine. And there is a secure garage available for all of our guests.

10 - 15 and 20€ for person.

Note: All prices are in euros - €

* single rooms
* double rooms
* triple rooms
* fourfold rooms

• Related to: Study Abroad, Family Travel
  • Written January 27, 2007
Tip Photo

• licko profile photo licko
  • Reviews: 2

Dom Faletici: cheap accomodation

Don't go to hotels such as Holiday Inn or Bosnia hotels. They're way to expensive for Sarajevo. You can find a decent place to stay for 15-25 Euros (i.e. Dom Faletici, Banana City...).

- The price includes sojourn taxes plus insurance
- Breakfast: Standard breakfast (Buffet breakfast as required)
- Credit cards: Visa, Master Card, Maestro Card
- Accommodation: 25 beds/10 rooms
- Room facilities: TV, telephone, mini bar
- Motel facilities: Laundry, room-service, restaurant, cocktail lounge, terrace, garden, panoramic view of the city, parking lot

Single room 1/1 40 KM
Suite 100 KM
Double 1/2 60 KM
Triple 1/3 80 KM
Stopover 30 KM

Really nice place and only 3 km from the center.

clean and quiet

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written October 9, 2006

• Matthijs85 profile photo Matthijs85
  • Reviews: 45

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Camp Oaza: Nice campground in Ilidza

We stayed here to visit Sarajevo. It's a nice camping, with enough shadow and nice facilities. Everything is clean, and there also is a restaurant at the campsite (I only drank a beer there (3KM)). To stay there with two persons in one tent costed 13KM. There goes a tram to the city center, about a 15 minute trip.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking