Borovetz Center, Borovets, Sofia Region, 2010, Bulgaria
Hotel Lion
eDreams Booking.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Borovec

part of the garden with the barn and patio in thepart of the garden with the barn and patio in the

Borovets Chalet "Kozle" We spend a lot of time watBorovets Chalet "Kozle" We spend a lot of time wat

Picture of "Kozle" from the website! Super BalconyPicture of "Kozle" from the website! Super Balcony

SquirrelSquirrel

questions on Borovets with a baby

by EmmaHenry

hiya all, just wonderng if anyone can help, I am going skiing with a 1 year old and I am wondering what baby food is availabe in the resort shops, or will I need to pack food? also can you buy nappies in the resort?
many thanks

RE: questions on Borovets with a baby

by bogomil

Hello,
Well, you can buy almost everything in the resorts, but my advice is to get all you need before the resort. If it is urgent from your hotel reception can help you with that, but this is not so good service.

Have a nice trip and I hope there will be snow soon.

Travel Tips for Borovec

Money Issues

by hekate

Well, cards are not that popular in Borovets, so you will most probably use cash for paying your bills most of the time.

One of the places to obtain cash either via withdrawing it from an ATM or exchanging your currency for Bulgarian one is the office of HVB Bank Biochim. I was told that there is another ATMs in Borovets but I have not seen them. I think there is one in the station of the gondola lift.

I do not remember exactly what were the working hours of the office but I think it was something like from 09.00 h to 17.00 h.

The office is on the main road right across the gondola lift. If you have a look at the picture you will not miss it when you get there.

Here is the phone number of the office:
+359 (7128) 2204

Map and orientation

by hekate

So, here is the map of the resort :)))

The main hotels, the parking lots, the pharmacy and the post office are marked there. If you click on the picture to enlarge it you would be able to see it better.

Borovets is not that big, so most probably on the second day you will have a quite clear idea how to get from one place to another. If you still have problems you can always ask locals :)

A couple of streets that are good to know of:

The main road that goes to the ski tracks. There you will find a couple of hotels and restaurants, the gondola lift and Biochim's office.

The street that leads from the main road to Rila hotel. Full of pubs there :)

The street that leads from Samokov to Rila hotel. It is something like a market area. Full of shops and open air stands selling cloths, CDs, ski, etc. Also, there are a couple of nightlife spots there as well as ice ring if you feel like skating :)

Toilet or Shower, Take Your Pick

by Nixter01

This has just GOT to be the main thing that stuck out in my mind about my holiday, I know Bulgaria is still an up and coming holiday resort, and they are doing very well, but PLEASE look at this picture and smile, then you'll see why this holiday will ALWAYS stick in my mind. Thanks :- )

One of the advantages of Borovets is the good food

by hekate

One of the reasons I like Borovets is that the place is full of pubs offering delicious food. Most of the restaurants offer both international and local traditional dishes.

What makes it even better is that the prices are reasonable. Due to the fact that it is a resort a lot of people speak English and the menus are usually written in several languages, so you are not going to make wild guesses of what you are going to have :)

What you see on the picture is called "cheverme" Usually it is either a lamb or a piglet backed on open fire. If they prepare it properly it is really delicious :) I would recommend you to try it.

Local Police Transport

by Nixter01

After looking at this local police car for awhile in amusement, I came to the conclusion that if we ever were accompanied anywhere by the local law, then I think I'd rather walk. Looks about as reliable as an Austin Metro !

Comments