Melnik Hotels

Our Members Say

• hanspeter_W. profile photo hanspeter_W.
  • Reviews: 1207

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

despot slav: traditional style hotel

central located
very beautiufl old bulding ith traditional furniture
comfortable

try the Suite , excellent quality for the price

• Written April 4, 2013

suite at Despot Slav

• hor56 profile photo hor56
  • Reviews: 1

Hotel Boliarka ***: Melnik,Bulgaria

Hotel Boliarka is very beautiful hotel,the best in Melnik!We had a wonderful time in this hotel! Be deeply impressed by the quiet, and great views and polite staff! The price are very good! 30 euro for double room with breakfast(delicious), or 15 euro per person! FOR BULGARIANS AND FOREIGNEERS, without distinction! We love Melnik,the smallest town in Bulgaria, and this Hotel-Boliarka!

All the rooms and apartments are furnished with mini-bars, cable TV, telephones their own service rooms and air conditioner. All the luxury apartments have a fireplace as well! Hotel Boliarka can offer and lobby bar, sauna from Finland, solarium, fitness, conference room with 10 - 12 places! In the mehana(tavern) you can try original Bulgarian and area meals and dishes in the tavern's kitchen - spicy beans cooked in a pot, the famous hominy (kachamak), the original Melnik banitsa, a variety of lamb or pork shish, kebabs on barbecue and many other specialitets, which are delicious! We tried many specialitets! Everything was great!

• Related to: Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Arts and Culture
  • Written October 7, 2008

Hotel Boliarka- Melnik Bulgaria

• ger4444 profile photo ger4444
  • Reviews: 1035

General tip

You can opt for the expensive hotels such as Hotel Despot Slav (which by the way looks wonderfull from inside, with its traditional and authentic interior) but you can walk the mainstreet and look for private homes that offer rooms. Look for “for rent” sighns and you pay 20 lv for a single room.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written June 3, 2008

despot Slav hotel

• tripodologia profile photo tripodologia
  • Reviews: 18

St Nicola: The best place

I was almost a week there and was the most happy woman, the people is really kindly and the food, wine and rakia excelent, I loved this place.

The St Nicola have a great Mexhana (bar-restaurant) do you need something alse?

• Written February 20, 2007

• lambik90 profile photo lambik90
  • Reviews: 8

Hotel Tsinarite: Cozy hotel with restaurant and life Music

A wish to visit Melnik and Rojen monastery on a heavy loaded weekend.
All hotels were booked ..
Found hotel Tsinarite in the centre who offered a Great room with a balcony, cozy restaurant with
live music.. Lot of fun after a day visit to Rojen monastery with it´s unbelievable sights.
Wine tasting in an authentic old house.. Must see for everyone (I loved it)

The hotel is situated on the right hand side of the mean riverbed.. just 200 meters from the road that leads to Rhojen monastery..

Great room
uniquely affordable ( in comparision with others) 40 Lv fr the room (20 Euro)
Friendly, helpful managment
Nice restaurant with open fire, live music, good cuisine..
Service: very correct, but the macho style of certain waiters, however correct was strange.
Had a great time when a Macedonian group started to feast...

Excellent wine..

• Related to: Hiking and Walking, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Wine Tasting
  • Written May 31, 2006

• ChristinaNest profile photo ChristinaNest
  • Reviews: 320

House 2: Rooms 2

There are some hotels in Melnik but I've always stayed at some house where the owners rent a few rooms. It's cheaper than hotels, more Spartan, of course, no private bathroom usually, but who cares, the important thing is you can stay at a house centuries old. As far as I know, you don't need a reservation unless it's a big holiday, you just walk down the street, and you see the signs. You might want to go around and compare prices first. The first time I stayed at the house bellow. The picture was taken from the balcony of the house we stayed the last time, just across the river :)
So this house No. 1 is located on the left bank of the small river, not far from where the ‘main’ street starts. It’s on the second level, or terrace.
Rooms 2
In the second house I’ve stayed twice (in 2001 and 2003) and I’ve seen all rooms there. There are 3 rooms on the second floor (with 2 or 3 beds each) sharing a bathroom and a great veranda overlooking the main street by the river. The rooms are nothing special, the last one we stayed in had a TV (not that we needed it). The bathroom is small and very basic but decent enough. I think the price in 2001 was 7 lv, and in 2003, 10lv per person. That is 3.5 and 5 Euro respectively. Downstairs there is a tavern/café but we didn’t try the food there as we wanted to try some other place.
It’s funny that the house is just opposite the one I stayed at the first time, just across the river so from the veranda of the second house I could see the first one :)

The veranda where you can sit and enjoy the view...

• Related to: Historical Travel, Architecture, Arts and Culture
  • Written May 2, 2006

House 2 bottom right, view from northern hills

• wroclawiak profile photo wroclawiak
  • Reviews: 296

Private Rooms

I think there is no problem to find a free room in Melnik - I think so. After I had arrived in Melnik by bus, a young girl at the bus stop offered me a room in a house. The house was new, the room was clean and extremely cheap. I don't remember how much but very cheap. Maybe about 5 Euros. The young girl spoke excellent English and French.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written April 18, 2006

• ChristinaNest profile photo ChristinaNest
  • Reviews: 320

Rooms 1

You can stay at a historic house.

• Related to: Architecture, Archeology, Historical Travel
  • Written January 26, 2006

House 1 (top left)

St. Nicola Hotel: St. Nicola Hotel **

I didnt go inside, so I can not say if it is good or not.

They charge the same price for the weekend as Despot Slav and Boliarka Hotels but less during work days.

A local person told me that St. Nicola Hotel is not as good as Despot Slav and Boliarka Hotels because there is only one employee who is a receptionist, a made, a waiteress and whatever at the same time, so things happen a bit slow there :)

Once again, this is not my opinion, I just head so.

- TV
- Bath
- Spacious queen-size beds
- Beautiful view to Melnik and the cliffs

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written November 27, 2004

St. Nicola Hotel

Despot Slav Hotel: Despot Slav Hotel***

The building of Despot Slav Hotel is recently renovated. The place looks great and the interior is a pleasure of the eye.

Most of the local people claim that this is the best hotel in Melnik.

The room I stayed at was not very big but it was clean and comfortable. In the bathroom besides the usual stuff you will find condoms and razors. This made me smile, seems that a lot of people go there to have fun ;)

What I found a bit disappointing is that I had stayed there for two nights and they didn't clean the room for all that time.

They ask only for one ID when you register even if two people are staying in the room which basically a relieve for the married people who are not staying there with their spouses :)

When I marked the most expensive, I meant for Melnik. The price for a night stay was BGN 50 (EUR 25) for a double room. Actually it is as expensive as Boliarka hotel.

- mini-bar
- cable TV
- telephones
- restaurant

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written November 17, 2004

Despot Slav Hotel

Hotel Boliarka: Hotel Boliarka ***

Actually I haven't slept there but in Despot Slav Hotel. I just looked around the lobby and checked out the prices while I was having a dinner at the tavern :)

When I marked the most expensive, I meant for Melnik. When I asked on the reception desk they told me that the price for a night stay was BGN 50 (EUR 25) for a double room. BGN 60 (EUR 30) for foreigners.

Actually it is as expensive as Despot Slav Hotel and I think it is the only one in town with a sauna and a fitness.

The hotel looks quite OK. New, nice and neat, so I decided the next time I am going to Melnik I would try it although I should say I was more than happy to stay in Despot Slav Hotel.

I just wished they hadn't help ruining The Turkish bath

- mini-bar
- cable TV
- telephones
- apartments have a fireplace
- sauna
- fitness
- conference room with 10 - 12 places
- wine cellar for tasting domestic wine
- tavern

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written November 17, 2004

Hotel Boliarka

• zlatiq profile photo zlatiq
  • Reviews: 172

Despot Slav Hotel

we didn't spend the night in Melnik, but while hanging out there i saw many little hotels...more like houses where you can rent room. they looked very cute and cozy! The town is the smallest one in BG (about 500-800 pop), so you'll find a place to stay easily.

• Opinion of Price: N/A