Isola Paradise

More about Sunny Beach

VIEW OF PART OF HOTELVIEW OF PART OF HOTEL

Sunny Beach Questions

by Theocat

Hiya, heading off to Sunny Beach for 2 weeks at the end of August, just have a couple of questions if anyone would be so kind to answer them!

I'm really interested in going to the Khan's Tent for dinner one evening - but I'm seeing a lot of excursions that take you there, is it not possible to walk up by yourself/get yourself there?

I've heard a couple of horror stories about taxis/taxi drivers, is there any real danger/threat or is it just that some people feel that they have been ripped off a little bit?

Is it worth using the bus, or are they not really suitable for tourists?

It seems as though Sunny Beach is great for clubbing - if you aren't that interested in drinking all night/dancing the night away, is there much to do of an evening?

I've seen trips to Istanbul offered all over the place, which I'd love to do, however I've just seen on the news that there have been two bombs gone off yesterday - is this a safe trip? Have there been any casualties on the tourist trips?

Also in regards to the above, lots of trips to Istanbul, but I'm kind of interested in seeing Romania if possible - are there structured excursions that go there, or would it be a do-it-yourself sort of thing?

Many thanks!

by manuna

Taxi is not so danderous. We took it with our children quite regularly.
Istanbul trip is a hard one. You go all night on the bus being woken up twice (on borders) and next night you go back. May be it I'm just not used to sleep in the bus (I'm used to the trains), and besides our guide in Istanbul was not very good. Next time I'll do it on my own.
From Sunny Beach you can only easily reach Romanian coast. I wouldn't recommend it. A nice place to see is Balchick. It's near the border. It's Romanian queen castle and garden.

by dufey

yes it is possible to walk there but come you are on hols just grab a taxi ask the price first most are ok, The show is good, food in my opinion is only ok you must book first if you wish to contact me i can give you some very good contacts

by dufey