Sunny Beach Hotels

• jimgibson4 profile photo jimgibson4
  • Reviews: 6

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sun Palace: A jewel in the Balkans

From the moment I arrived the customer service was first rate. It is frequently said that first impressions are the most important well in this case that is indeed true my wife and I were greeted at the hotel reception by a member of hotel staff who carried the cases through the vast open entrance to the desk. We arrived at 7.00 in the evening so the hotel was busy but well staffed reception were in the main engliss speaking so no communication problems within minutes we had our key and were shown to our room on the first floor (the hotel was on three floors but we had asked for a first floor room) on entering the accomodation we were not disapointed the decoration and the fittings are of a high standard and the view from the terrace was as we had requested overlooking the pool.

We quickly unpacked as is our habit and showered and changed to headed to the dining area, as we had booked all inclusive and we had been travelling most of the afternoon we were tired but couldn't wait to sample the food and of course the bar.

The eating areas are not reserved so you can sit anywhere you please the layout was well thought out with a self serve buffet being at the centre of the main restaurant there was also a bar and other rooms with a open terrace onto the pool area.

We found our seat and while Audrey checked out the choice I went for the drinks, no long wait here I was served in a timely manner and the correct drinks had been issued, the one thing we forgot was in our welcome pack there was a wrist band for each member of the party the receptionist did attach this as we arrived but we removed them to shower I don't know why but no problem the bar staff simply reminded us that all hotel guests on all inclusive must wear the band so as not to confuse them as to who pays and who does not.

Our first meal was the local goulash, we had never had it before but it was lovely and you could have as much or as little as you required. Soups there were several available in the evenings but during the day only one. Starters a good range very appertising and worth trying well labeled for those who don't know the local favourites. Mains there was so much and in plentiful supply I can't remember an occasion we found empty trays. Deserts bountiful array of sweets and puddings from hot or cold they are all present.

overall the food and the sevice was well recomended the staff polite and willing to help with the translations of Balkan dishes.

The pool was large and was on more than one level so it was shallow at one end for the children but deeper at the other for the older ones to splash around, no diving as is the norm in most hotels now but the poolside furniture was plentiful there was always loungers and tables with umbrellas available whenever you needed them. The other pool was indoors and was beautifully cool, if you had been out and came back hot and bothered it was easy to don a pair of trunks and jump in it was lovely.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Horse Riding, Food and Dining, Architecture
  • Written August 9, 2009

Exterior shot of the Sun Palace

Hotel Svejest

"Svejest" is one of the oldest hotels of Sunny Beach and it hasn't been much changed ever since. It's amazing it still exists with its worn out furniture and tiny tiny rooms.

• Written July 17, 2007

Appartment living room

• littlebush profile photo littlebush
  • Reviews: 1132

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Crown Fort-St Vlas: Crown Fort-St vlas

I have my own apartments situated in St Vlas (Sveti Vlas) to rent.
They are both studio apartments situated only 5km from sunnybeach, but just a 5-10min walk from the beaches of St vlas.
The apartments are fully furnished and the hotel complex has tennis courts, bars, restaurants, shops, 15 swimming pools with slides, jacuzzi, gym and sauna plus much more. the apartments have tv, fridge, cooking facilities, washing machine.
the apartments have a double bed plus a pull out bed so can sleep 3 people.
I offer very competitive rates for the area.
please email me for more information, either at virtual tourist or to crownfortbulgaria@yahoo.co.uk

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Family Travel
  • Written July 11, 2007

• opala profile photo opala
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

A hotel by the sea: Victoria Palace - wish it was my palace!

I haven't been to Sunny Beach for a couple of years and decided to spend my summer holiday this year there. It was quite difficult to decide which hotel exactly to go to, so I just looked over the photoes of a lot of them on the net. The most spectacular for me was the Victoria Palace hotel. And I went there. The reality is even better than what you see on the photoes. The hotel offers a trmendous view toward the sea, super luxury of every detail, excellent ideas for the decoration (for example - there is a hall, which floor is made of glass, and under the glass you can see sea sand with shells), a number of beautiful swimming pools, good food (of course I liked it - because for several days it was typical Bulgarian, not sure if a foreigner will like it, actually), the rooms were large and quiet. I think this is a perfect hotel and I will highly recommend it to everybody looking for a nice and pleasant stay in Sunny Beach.

I've already mentioned them - magnificent view, infrastructure, beautiful decoration, luxury style. Something rare - while I was in the porch of the hotel I forgot my sun-glases (Ray Ban). I found out that had lost them after some time and went back to the exact location where I thought I had left them. And there was a cleaner who was keeping them and gave them to me. This is not something for the hotels in Bulgaria, believe me - most of the time - if you lose someting you can't possibly find it out anymore.
And did I tell you about the near Aqua park? A very pleasant a-day-to-stay park with a lot of water slopes and a number of attractions for kifting your adrenaline. "The Action aqua park" is just 5-10 minutes away from the hotel on walking distance.
Another special thing is the town of Nesebar - especially the old part of the town - located at a small peninsula - the whole of it was built before many years and is full of pretty old churches, monuments, wooden houses, and rocky pavement. The town is a part of the UNESCO programme for defence of the archeological monuments. The town is only 15 minutes by car from the hotel.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Archeology, Family Travel, Theme Park Trips
  • Written September 18, 2006

Hotels Sunny beach Directory

can't find your hotel in my tips? Come on! you don't expect me to write over 150 tips on hotels . See the link below for info and rewiews on the hotel you're looking for >

www.holidaycheck.com - Revews on hotels in Sunny Beach
www.bulgariancoast.com - Revews on hotels in Sunny Beach

and also www.sunnybeach.biz for online reservation of over 100 hotels in Sunny Beach

http://www.bghotelite.com - directory of hotels and link to websites

• Related to: Singles, Spa and Resort
  • Written August 7, 2006

Hotel Globus

Globus is composed of two buildings ,one of them being old and the other new.
Today 11 juni 2006 - I had to move some tourists that were sent there from our hotel because we didn't have enough rooms. So we brought them back to Neptun Beach because they were complaining mainly about the food in Globus.

The Globus hotel is situated at the first line - direct by the beach .

• Related to: Spa and Resort
  • Written June 11, 2006

Globus old

Majestic hotel residence ****

729 rooms and appartments

rooms and Appartments offer :
mini bar. bath with hairdryer, phone and SAT, central air-conditionning, safety deposit boxes, kitchenette - electric plates, microwave, toaster, balcony with sea view.
Small studios have 2 single beds and a sofa bed, Large studios and one bedroom appartments have 2 single beds and a double sofa bed.

4 restaurants ,2 tennis courts , football basketball and beach volleyball playgrounds , 2main and 1 children pool,5 bars , game area , kids club , SPA and beauty center- oriental scrub and thalasso masages , Turkish bath , orange and cherry scrubs , Cleopatra bath , four handed massages and body wraps, herbal and seaweed procedures, exotic Jacuzzi , sauna , anticellulite treatments , masks , professional fitness center , beauty center , tangentor , vitamin bar...
24h reception , exchange desk , room service , animation - 6days pe week, internet club , parking

Business
8 conference halls with capacity up to 400 persons, all provided with the latest audio and video equippment, 24h high speed internet, various options for multimedia presentations specially suited for seminars, trainings and corporate meetings.
location -on the sea promenade 1,5km from the resort center

• Related to: Business Travel, Spa and Resort
  • Written June 4, 2006

• Sininen profile photo Sininen
  • Reviews: 727

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sorry cannot remember anymore: Modest place near the beach

Staying in this hotel was part of the package. Our room was simple with twin beds ans small bathroom and a balcony. Though we stayed in the fifth or sixth floor we could hear the music from the nearby discos every night, every night the same stupid songs!

• Related to: Photography, Hiking and Walking, Historical Travel
  • Written March 14, 2006

Cental location: RIP - Hotel Koral

This hotel no longer exists - a new building is taking its place . Purpose of it - yet to be found.

The hall was small but fresh with marble all over and nice couches to relax. They had iguana terrarium in front of the entrance.

• Related to: Spa and Resort
  • Written May 31, 2005

Koral Hotel

• Nobbe profile photo Nobbe
  • Reviews: 1172

Chrysanthema: Chrysanthema

Chrysanthema has a really nice pool with a poolbar next to (in) the pool. You can sort of have a drink "in" the rocks.

• Opinion of Price: about average