Victoria Palace

Booking.com Hotels.com Hotelsclick.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 79% more and rated 31% lower than other 4.5 star hotels

• killiebull's Profile Photo

best hotel in sunny beach

I went on my honeymoon july 2006 to victoria palace and the hotel itself was great except for the food it was like feeding time at the zoo the room was always clean and tidy and thaff staff were always very friendly the weather was always brilliant your best idea is to eat out its cheapand very good

More about Victoria Palace

Would Stay Again!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Bubbles55

Stayed the first two weeks of June. The hotel itself is beautiful; a lovely reception area matched by impressive rooms. We didn't have a balcony, but top to bottom glazed windows overlooking the front of the hotel. We were shown a room with a balcony upon my request, but decided to keep the room we had due to room being a lot bigger.

Rooms were cleaned every day to a high standard. In fact there is a whole army of cleaners dedicated to specific areas just about all the time (toilets, lifts, reception).

We found that you had to bag a sunbed by 8AM latest, which meant a strict routinue of getting up at 7.30, getting the sunbed, eating breakfast (quickly!) then getting to your sunbed before the lifeguards removed your towels (which is only fair as some people didn't go to their sunbed before 11am and others were left without).

The food was OK although did end up with an upset stomach (make sure the food is thouroughly cooked!). Most meal times you had to go hunting for cutlery as there seemed to be a severe shortage of it. Staff in restaurant could have been friendlier. However we liked the flexibility of the evening meals as you could swap it for lunch time and go and try one of the great restaurants in the resort. One recommendation is Djannys (pass Go Go Girls, near the bus station). Great, cheap food and beer about 30p!!!

We liked Sunny Beach (just like a resort in Spain) and would return and to this hotel (postive outweigh negative), although would be tempted to go self catering because of how cheap it is to eat out.

nice hotel, shame about the food

this hotel looks stunning. the entrance is amazing, the rooms are big, clean and very comfortable.the food really lets the place down.its pretty bland,and never hot. the only plus point was swapping dinner for lunch, to avoid the crowds. there were the usual problems of sun loungers all being claimed before 8, but thats not totally the hotels fault. just cross the road to the beach and pay 6 lev and avoid the hassle.

Excellent, Do not be put of by reviews

Stayed in this hotel last year and was dreading going due to reading the reviews on this site.. This hotel is top class, the room was lovely, the spa is great ( a little overpriced for bulguria ), as you can not spend it out there. the bar, pool, casino need I go on. Its great..

Yes the food in the Hotel is average but its that cheap out there dont eat there.. Yes it is included in the deal but who cares.. We ate out nearly every night. Use the restaurant in the hotel for a light snack at about 5 or 6 then head out on the town. We had some excellent meals in Sunny beach. 2 starters, 2 Main Course Bottle of wine and 2 g & ts for 29 euro, I work in a restaurant in Ireland and that would not get you some of the main courses on the menu.

Also the Hotel has an A la Carte Restaurant, people do not go in here as they think they have to pay. You dont.... Just book a table and they will serve you some great food, much better than the buffet.

We arrived at the hotel and were in shock, this hotel stands out. from the rest, It really should be in the Strip in Las Vegas, not sunny Beach. Please do not let any bad reviews spoil your trip before it starts.. Also Tip the waiters and waiteress as they do not earn much money, The work a 12 hour day for around 15 euro. I tipped a waitress 20 euro in a restaurant as she could not have been any nicer to us. the girl nearly had a heart attack. The people are really friendly so talk to them. dont be afraid..

Tips,, Kahns tent is a must for a great night out.
Watch out for guys with snakes and lizards down the town
Dont bring much money, you dont need it.

fantastic hotel

by TripAdvisor Member natalie026

WOW what a beautiful hotel. After reading some of the nasty reviews on this holiday well we was dreadind going, please dont let the reviews put you off. The hotel is absouletly gorgeous it really does live up to its name because it is like a palace. The staff in the hotel where absouletely faboulous especially with my 2 year old son. The cleaners are non stop 24 7. We did not eat that often in the hotel as we prefer to eat out ,but my god it was cheap enough it cost us about a tennar for three meals with drinks. We went to the waterpark twice which was fab only cost us £20 for the 3 of us. As for sunny beach it is brill lots and lots of things for the kids to do and lots of bars and restraunts for the adults.
Dont change your money in the hotel you get more if you change it an crown which you find loads on the beach front. We are defo going back next year to the same hotel and where bringing some friends with us. have a nice hol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful & very clean hotel, but found some staff very rude

by TripAdvisor Member Helene Kelly

This was our 3rd time in Bulgaria (2nd time in Sunny Beach), so we decided to splash out on a 5 star hotel.

The hotel is absolutely beautiful & kept spotless, unfortunately we found some of the staff very rude. One staff member started screaming at us in English & Bulgarian after bringing our drinks after 35 mins & we had finished our meal. The food is ok but not fantastic, there is a shortage of cutlery on the tables. Some of the barstaff in one of the bars would push you if you were in their way. Also some of the drinks are watered down in the bars both in the hotel & in the bars in the resort. I can recommend Restaurant Djanni.

The spa in the hotel is beautiful, but a bit expensive compared to other hotels, the manageress in the spa is a little bit pushy & will try & offer you a deal of paying 600 Leva & get treatment for 700 (600 Leva is approx 300 euro). Compare to other hotels & you will get a better price.

Unfortunately Sunny Beach now looks like any holiday resort compared to when we were there 4 years ago. But I can recommend going over to Sveti Vlas which is the next small village only 15 mins up the road (7.50 euro with a taxi, or take the bus), it is still touristy but a bit quieter.

Lovely Hotel

Having returned from a 2 week stay at the Victoria Palace i cannot believe the negative reviews.The rooms were comfortable and the hotel bars,reception,pool etc were spotless with maids virtually everywhere.The location was fantastic right on the beach and i never encountered one rude member of staff.Would definately visit again :0)

Overall good

by TripAdvisor Member corkgurl

The Hotel: My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the first two weeks of July. The hotel is visually impressive and undoubtedly is the best hotel on Sunny Beach. Though the Majestic next door comes a close second. The food was better than I thought it would be, especially the desserts (too good!) The hotel staff were not that friendly unless you had small children with you. Overall I found them to be ‘indifferent’, but the language barrier could have contributed to that. I made a call to reception on our first evening, ‘hello, does my husband have to wear long trousers to dinner in the dining room? Reply ‘ I can only tell you that it is a very, very long way from here’?!!!!! The only negative I have is that the sunbathing area is way too small for the size of the hotel. The sunbeds are cramped together, when you can get one, which is only if you get up at 7am each morning to put your towel down. We had to go to the beach, it cost 9euro for 2 beds and umbrella, pricey!

The Resort: Sunny Beach is not for me. If you like to holiday in a carnival atmosphere, then maybe it would be the place for you. I found it had no soul. It is a purpose built resort, with booming music coming from all directions. Lots of stalls and shops line the prom, all selling the same things. The only plus is, you can look around without being pressured to buy. I was glad that the Victoria Palace was at the quieter end of this.

Bulgaria: I can only judge on what I saw and this was Sunny Beach, Elenite and Nessebar. It looks like there’s huge amounts of money being poured into hotels and nothing into the infrastructure to support this. The roads are dangerous and the drivers are mad which doesn’t help! The drainage system is non-existant. There was what can only be described as a monsoon the day before we arrived, and most of the hotels were flooded. The Bulgarians were ill equipped to deal with this, it took 2 days to pump the water out. People had to walk the streets up to their knees in water and with some sewage visible! Arrgh! Bulgaria is susceptible to cloud and thunderstorms, so if you are a sunworshippor, think again. The cost of living is cheap, especially food and drink. This seems to be the main attraction for people as far as I can see, but if that’s all it has to offer me, then give me good oul Spain anyday!

Comments