Yavor Palace

More about Yavor Palace

Palace - Whatever!

by TripAdvisor Member oli-bob

Accomodation

Arrived at the Yavor Palace feeling a little nervous after the poor reviews already observed. The Yavor Palace really did live up to its expectation. The coridoors were all carpet and stained with the smell of Damp, the rooms were the same, althought the cleaners never stoped it still had an undesirable smell of damp. We Stayed on a half board basis and unfortunaly after the first day we never eat there again. The food was strange, and catered towards the German clientelle not very nice. Chips, chips and more chips. However, i wish i could say that i was just this hotel but generally within the resort the food was poor and poorly prepared. 5 Days out of 7 we had Bulgarian Belly (Not Nice). The staff were as describes in previous reviews as 'sullen' and could appear stand-offish. The pool was Fab (Not) after our third day the pool went from a beautiful blue to a dirty Green Colour.

The Resort

In general with the Hype of Bulgaria and hearing it was 'the place to be' we could not wait, but we were faced with a place that had an underbelly of crime and seedyness, prositiutes, touts and pickpockets. This was altogether combined with horror storys about peoples rooms been trashed for thier money and posessions. The nightlife was such a shame. Bulgaria had some fantastic bars which has the potential to be a fantastic holiday party spot. However the atmosphere was not so good and there was not many people within these bars. Such a shame :-(. Khan's Tent and the Reps night was a hoot coz we had a great laugh and got some fab pictures.

Overall, i am not really going to say much more because its each to their own, i am just writing a honest review. I would never reccomend the Yavor Palace or Bulagira for that matter. This i find a great shame!

Definately not a Palace!!

by TripAdvisor Member Tinkerbell1987

I really hope anybody who will be staying at the Yavor Palace anytime soon reads this! I read mixed reviews on TripAdvisor about the hotel and the resort itself and decided that I was going to take a chance because my friend had stayed at the hotel in June and said it was fine.
Me & my boyfriend booked a very cheap late deal at the end of September for a weeks holiday for our birthdays. When arriving at the Yavor Palace we were greeted by the 2 bell boys who were going to help us with our bags, they didnt seem pleasant and also the young girl at reception wasn't too friendly either. Our room was on the 4th floor and after having to wait on the one lift we got upstairs to find that the floors had sensor lighting, and our room was at the end of 2 long corridors, which were pitch black, this I did not like. I felt quite intimidated walking along the corridors because sometimes the lights failed to come on. So for the entire week, I didnt walk around myself.
When we got into the room, a strong smell hit us straight away, we think it was possibly the drains over in Bulgaria, they dont have a system like here in Britian. However after leaving the balcony door open it went away.
The room was clean enough, to be honest on the first night I did notice a couple of marks on the sheet but the maids changed our room every day and left clean towels for us.
The next day we went down to the poolside which was nice enough, only to find the pool was freezing, it was so cold hardly anyone ever went in it. We never had trouble getting a sun lounger because it was the end of the season and the hotel didnt have to many guests. One girl did say to me that her mother had been there in July and it was very difficult to get a lounger even though they have signs saying "do not reserve sun loungers"
We were only B&B and we only ever ate toast on the mornings we went down because I didnt think the food looked to nice, but then again I am quite picky about what I eat.
The main thing I have to point out though about the Yavor Palace is the staff. On every holiday I have been to, the staff at reception/bar/restuarant/cleaners etc all have smart apperance/uniforms etc...Yavor Palace...completely different. I never once saw any sort of manager, not even on arrival to check our passports! The receptionists were all young girls around 20ish who were more interested in playing with digital cameras and i-pods than bothering to smile! Then at night there would be nobody at the desk they would be sitting with the restaurant staff, with music playing, kissing each other, getting drunk and then stripping off and going into the pool on peoples lilos!! I don't know what sort of arrangement the staff & managment have but I can honestly say I have never seen anything like that in my life!
The other thing I didnt like was you dont get a safe in your room there is safes behind the reception area so everytime you want into your safe box you have to get a member of staff and they have a key also and the 2 of you have to open the box together. Terrible idea, it put a lot of the guests off getting the safes.
So besides the one lift, the dodgy safe idea, the freezing pool, the silly sensor lighting idea and most of all the staff the hotel itself was okay. I would definately recommend for a good holiday pay that little bit extra, and go to a higher quality hotel. I would not go back to the Yavor Palace.
Some of the other guests in the hotel had much more serious problems, a couple we got speaking to told me that a local man walked into their room and when they questioned him if he was lost he started to run off. Just at that another woman was coming towards them sayin someone was trying to get into her room, apparently they chased this man but he made off and got out the backdoor and ran down an alley. This back door is supposed to be remained locked at ALL times by management!!
I did hear other dodgy stories about the hotel by passengers on my flight home, but as I didnt witness any of this it's not my place to say. So word of warning, keep you door locked from the inside even if your just chilling in your room.
I really enjoyed Sunny Beach, even though it was coming to the end of the season but be very careful there are a lot of gypsys and prostitutes who are pickpockets, so stay well clear!!
I know this has been a long review but I really hope people read this because everything I have said is not made up, I have never ever complained about hotels on TripAdvisor before. If your young and are just wanting a place to sleep (like me & my boyfriend were) then fair enough Yavor Palace is probably an alright place to visit - it's right in the centre of the resort. However if it's your 2 week family holiday and you want peace of mind, don't book the Yavor Palace! Hope I've been of some help to you all!!

Exceeded expectations

by TripAdvisor Member Rhooster78

After reading reviews on this hotel on the internet, I was a bit weary of staying at the Yavor Palace.

Food was great - I think only twice during our stay was there the same food twice in the evening. Breakfast was also fine, although get there early for the toaster as it takes ages to make toast !

Rooms were OK, a bit small but I guess you're only there to sleep and get changed in between the day and the evening. Our view was of the back of another hotel - did request to be moved but were informed it would have cost £2 per person per night - when there are 6 of you there, it adds up to quite a lot so stayed in the rooms we were given.

Our rooms were hoovered and cleaned every day - one of the maids, Alfreda, loved the two younger kids and always gave them a cuddle and a sweet every morning.

The entertainment in the evening is non-existant. There is karaoke in the bar, but no-one uses it and the bar is really smoky. Went once in the two weeks to the pub quiz.

Would recommend anyone to the Yavor Palace on holiday.

Pleasantly Surprised

by TripAdvisor Member EdinGirl_7

Just back from the Yavor Palace and had a brilliant holiday - was very wary about both the resort and the hotel from previous reviews, but we had no problems at all.

Had 2 rooms with an adjoining door - both clean and nice.. No pool view, but then again no noise at all so it was perfect for us! Towels and sheets changed 3 times when we were there.. Hotel is not fancy but remember it's only a 3 star and it's absolutely fine!

Only made breakfast twice but both times food was nice and fresh, with a good selection.. Ate in the hotel 4 times during the week and had absolutely no complaints! Only ate out the other 3 nights to treat ourselves and try other restaurants recommended by friends who'd previously visited the resort (Felice in particular is good)..

Pool area was nice - tended to be busy but if there are no loungers you can sit out at the water park next door (can get through the railings behind the pool bar) for 5 lev a day or go to the beach..

Didn't feel unsafe in the resort at all despite being 4 young (ish) girls..

Would definitely recommend this to a friend looking for a relaxing, chilled out holiday!!! Hotel

Never Again!

by TripAdvisor Member Wishful_Thinkin

My daughter and i spent 2 weeks at yavor palace this summer and from start to finisht he whole thomson package was a nightmare! the flights were late which meant we arrived at our hotel at around 4am with not enough staff to direct you to rooms so we stumbled around in the dark until a bell boy came to rescue us. The lift was no bigger than a matchbox and people were having to let one person take the luggage and the rest use the stairs. The rooms were very basic, almost scruffy, the maids did not change our towels / bedding until we complained at reception, i think in 2 weeks we had our room cleaned properly twice. The hotel staff were unfriendly and unhelpful and the food left a lot to be desired - we named the restaurant `Slop Inn` as it was the best way describe the strange array of food served up.. Fortunatley we found loads of nice places to eat at very reasonable prices. The `no reserve` sun lounger policy was a joke, i had to get up at 7am one morning just to get a couple of loungers! The pool left a lot to be desired and on more than one occasion we found empty beers bottles and fag packets left in there from late night swimmers (even though the pool closed at 6pm!) Their idea of cleaning it was a little man walking round with a net, most days we paid the extra fee and used the pool / slides in the hotel next door. Make the most of the cocktail hours and the jeep safari was def worth the money! Would travel back to bulgaria but stay at a higher rated hotel as you def get what you pay for in this resort.

What a difference a year makes............

by TripAdvisor Member compaq

Stayed at this hotel last year and loved it ! What a difference a year makes ! The staff were rude and unhelpful, the food was eatable, but only just, the pool area was like a glorified holiday camp with children and adults jumping in and out the pool well after 6 pm when the pool should be empty. The reps were always around but didn't want to hear any complaints they were only interested if you were going on there excursions or buying them drink from the overpriced hotel bars. The cleaners only worked well if you were in the lower levels but if you were on the top floor like us your room was only hoovered when you left the room at the end of your holiday. In fact, one of the days my room hadn't had a cleaner near it so when i asked for clean towels i was told by the rude cleaner that i couldn't have all my dirty towels replaced as she said one was missing ! I am going back to Sunny Beach again next year, but wouldn't stay in this hotel again, even if i were to be offered it free for the two weeks of my holiday !

nice hotel, great location

by TripAdvisor Member busterManchester

we stayed at the yavor for a week in august. there were some good and some bad reviews before we went and now having experienced it for myself i can say it is a good basic hotel to base yourself in for the delights of sunny beach .the rooms are basic but adequate for your needs if you are after a place to kip,shower and change. the maids are friendly and efficient , with the rooms being cleaned to an adequate standard. the staff on reception and the bellboys were not rude or inefficient as some reviewers suggest i encountered a problem with a broken showerhead ( clumsy daughter) but within 3 minutes of me reporting it a bellboy appeared and replaced it !
the pool is not exactly olympic sized but how much room do you need ! the sun beds are always occupied so if you want one be early cos people put towels on at 8 and go for breakfast but hey, chill out you are on holiday ! . yes the pool bar prices are slightly higher than the hotel bar but you have got legs if you are feeling tight. plus the chips are great.
the hotel is located approx 100 metres from the main strip where all the bars and restaurants are but you get no noise from the strip intruding on you. the touts outside all the bars and restaurants do tout for your custom but it is not to intrusive , just say no thanks and they leave you alone. you can get two for one in most bars on the cocktails and i would reccommend the funny pub near the beach front , the best cocktails around cos they are full to the top and not half filled with froth . there are 3 mcdonalds and a kfc in the resort for those of you hankering for home but the eateries on the strip are good , just shop around and go for the ones that look full.
if you are looking for fake designer clothes etc this is the place for you , you name it they have got it so leave room in your suitcase for the trip back. back to the decent bars, the bounce is full of white leather settees , the music is great ( hip hop,rap and r and b) plus a dancing girl on a podium ! sorry boys she is fully clothed ! all in all you get what you pay for at the yavor an adequate hotel to base yourelf in to enjoy sunny beach . last word of advice , go bed and breakfast, you can try the scrambled eggs and beans and toast etc ,that will start you off for the day but the evening meals looked bland . you are spolit for choice on the strip with a meal for 3 plus a drink each costing between 10 and fifteen pounds....... enjoy ! ! !

never book here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member patricianicca

went here 13th aug 07 there was a party of ten all for a special occasion for 40th birthday
i had three children with me the oldest having to stay with my friends booking as told rooms only catered for 4 people
we where put in a room myself &partner two beds together one bed attached at the bottom for my 5 year old daughter and one bed attached at the side for my 8 year old son talk about abit of privacy plus 4 suitcases to climb over to get changed or use bathroom unbelievable shoe box i would have called it
hotel moved us 4 days later eventually being able to unpack cases thought this is better until we had ant colonys in the room in the bathroom !ants on the wanes beds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!they would not stay then and then slept with grandparents on the first floor
room wasnt hoovered from we arrived till we left childs nappies sitting in bathroom 2 days until reported never seen maids that apparently never stop
not that the rest of our friends on first floor never had any problems at all our towels were never what should of been for the party of 4 in the room and then they wanted to charge us for them when leaving
curtains hanging of the walls also we were told we had ants in the room 4th floor due to food being taken into the room which was a few bags of crisps poor excuse for rooms not being cleaned more like
loved sunny beach would go back but not here if you paid me i had about 30 bites caused by whatever on my legs and arms doctor said body took a reaction and on tablets until 29th sept so be prepared sprays never worked with me
food good in condor service slow be prepared for the wait but food excellent!! very cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!also tried chilli peppers food alot more expensive here when you see what you get in the condor for half the price so enjoy your stay
people nice friendly beach also nice lots to buy so dont fill case to much going out
otherwise would go back but never here ! as it was meant to be family hoilday
and my children where staying everywhere else in the hotel instead of being with there mum and dad

great value for money

by TripAdvisor Member gaznjan

just come back from a one week stay at yavor palace.there were four of us,my wife and me(in our fourties)and my parents(active 70,s).the rooms are large and comfortable and very clean.the maids clean the rooms every day and change towels,in fact there seems to be someone cleaning something constantly.the pool area is good although can be a bit crowded,however you can walk through a gate to the small aqua park adjacent and for 5 levs can have a sunbed all day with loads of space around you,also a bar on hand which serves food as well as drinks.i am a very fussy eater but i enjoyed the food at the yavor every day with quite a wide selection on offer.to have my bacon eggs,beans etc at breakfast is ok for me,continental food also on menu.bar prices at hotel often cheaper than outside.if you go and a guy called marco meets you at the restaurant then he will look after any need you have be it trips out or cigs whatever,just ask marco he can be trusted 100% and will save you money to boot.entertainment was limited to karoke in one of the three bars,but you are so close to the centre of sunny beach it is no problem to look around.BEWARE OF PICK POCKETS when shopping,it is the gypsies trademark.

Awful stuff

by TripAdvisor Member timmywhite

Awful. Our party of four all had numerous stomach upsets on our weeks stay at this hotel. Half board is not something i would suggest. If you like cheap then this is for you, sunny beach has a host of cheap bars and restaurants, good beach, but our hotel was awful. If you are looking for a drinking holiday then maybe you might find solice in your liquor but otherwise families and couples please don't do it. It was a real struggle as the food in the evenings especially is a monument to recycling and cooking on a budget. If you dont smoke then you might as well by the end of the week as the lobby is thick with it. The hotel is central with an erotic bar situated in the alley behind the hotel and the lap dancing club only at the end of the street, oh and i forgot the sex shop on the corner. awful food basic hotel and please save yourself and dont give it a try just in case you get worse than our four cases of diarrhoea.

Funny BarFunny Bar

hotel comments

by LOUISEKIRA

please please can any one help my daughter is going to bulgaria, in june i am trying to find out if this hotel has been compleated yet it is new hotel for 2005 called yavor palace hotel on sunny beach. any help would be most appreciated.thanks

RE: hotel comments

by peter_dimov

It has to be ready for this summer, but I stll don't know if it's finished

RE: RE: hotel comments

by LOUISEKIRA

thank you for the reply how do you know it has to be finished, could be part done.please any more info would be very gratfull have a nice day

RE: RE: hotel comments

by peter_dimov

There are offers for travel to Sunny beach and staying at this hotel, in July.

Comments