Troyan Plaza

River OsamRiver Osam

Cherni OsamCherni Osam

Cherni OsamCherni Osam

Travel Tips for Troyan

A town which is both old and new, quiet and alive

by peter_dimov

I like almost everything in Troyan - the people, the old romantic streets and the new parts of the city. Troyan is a place with a long and rich history. It is a center of culture, traditional crafts, industry and tourism. This combination is a guarantee for a good development. I don't know whether other people will miss Troyan after their first visit to this city. I am too much connected with this town as my place of birth. But I can say that Troyan has its own atmosphere that should make everyone enjoy his trip there. This atmosphere is the thing that I miss most when I am away from Troyan. Of course, it doesn't make this town special for Bulgaria - a country which has every part different from the others.

In a sleigh

by mirchica

Well,it's mainly a kid thing but it could be also for the kid that lives in all of us. I just turned after that kid in the sleigh. Only if I had one I was about to jump into it :)
I guess it is popular in the winter when streets are covered with show. I remember my childhood...

Local crafts - pottery

by peter_dimov

Troyan has centuries of traditions in crafts such as pottery. Nowadays this craft is well saved by local craftsmen who continue to make various kinds of pottery. In different places like Markovi kashti you can see men creating these peaces of art.

Local crafts - wood

by peter_dimov

As well as the pottery, in Troyan there are craftsmen who make many decorative things of wood. You can buy yourself beautiful things from the permanent and temporary markets for pottery and wooden things. Many of the things are specially designed for foreign tourists.

Skiing in Beklemeto

by peter_dimov

Beklemeto is the local place available for skiing. To be honest, it needs big reconstrustions and modernizations before it becomes one of the main ski resorts in Bulgaria. Nothing else than common ski equipment.

Comments