1 Boulevard Bulgaria, PO Box 325, Sofia, 1421, Bulgaria

Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• richard.dabkowski's Profile Photo

Nice hotel great staff and very helpful.

When I travel I usually try and stay at a Hilton family hotel, the Hilton Sofia is a very nice hotel. Be ware if you need laundry service it is very expensive. We found for long stays there are apartments that can be rented weekly or monthly which turned out to be more economical.

• Neilzonwheelz's Profile Photo

Very Very Good

I'm a Hilton Honours member, but I stayed at the Radisson when I arrived in Sofia, after traveling in the countryside I returned & decided to stay at the Hilton because the Radisson was full.
    What a great move, cheaper than the Radisson, the hotel and the rooms were perfect. The location wasn't as bad as some make out in tripadvisor, a healthy 10 minute walk to the center of town, very safe and a major shopping center just 5 minutes away.
    The restuarant food was top quality too, the staff were real friendly. The only downside is when I asked about public buses to Rila monastery, the concierge tried to sell me a tour at 70 euro compared to about $10Aud. Depends on how much of a rush you are.
    Room wasn't as large as Radisson but as a single traveler this didn't bother me. Pretty normal size for European hotels.

Unique Quality: Close to town centre and shopping centre. I watched a number of movies for $8Aud at the cinemas!.

• desert_princess's Profile Photo

Hilton by Night

I remember when they were building the Hilton Hotel I thought - yuck ,what an ugly thing in the center of Sofia. Now that they put all that glass it looks better , and the main hall is amazing - you can contemplate the stars through the glass roof.
    I din't stay there personnaly but somebody I've been working with did, so I have my impression of the place. The rooms have internet access that I consider being very useful to plug in your notebook. Besides all the usual extras for a 5 star hotel.On the first floor there is a nice small breakfast room where you can pick up whatever you like. The restaurant is charming aswell ,with live piano music.

• MacDaddie's Profile Photo

Solid choice

The rate was reasonable for the weekend (about 130 Euros per night). They picked me up at the airport as it was included in the price....and my flight was delayed until 2:30 in the morning and they still showed up!!!

The room was very nice...large bathroom and clean overall. I didn't eat in the restaurant so can't give any input. There was a health club there but since I was only in Sofia for two days didn't use it...plus I walked a lot.

The service at the hotel was very good overall....the only note I would make about the hotel is that local folks seem to have some dislike for the hotel. I had a friend that wouldn't join me for a cup of coffee at the hotel as she "knew" them....maybe its because of the level of security at the hotel, one must get a ticket just to pull into the parking lot/pick up/drop off...and there are security people outside seemingly 24/7.

Unique Quality: Its a decent location as there is a pedestrian bridge from the right of the hotel across to the culture center and that leads you intot he downtown area...if walking is a problem don't worry because taxis are dirt cheap.

Directions: Its just outside the downtown area of Sofia, to the south....about a 15 minute ride from the airport. And about a 20 minute walk from the downtown Sofia area.

• hekate's Profile Photo

One of the best hotels in Sofia

It is a relatively new hotel, built something like 5 years ago. In my opinion, one of the best in town. If I have to choose between Sheraton, Radisson and Hilton in Sofia, I would definitely choose Hilton.

I should say that since I live in Sofia I stayed there only once. It was on the executive floor. The room is a typical Hilton room. It is about 30 sq.m. and you have little things to spoil you, like bathrobe and slippers, shower cabin, work desk with lamp, etc.

The Seasons restaurant in the hotel offers very good food :)

There is a fitness centre and a pool. Bear in mind that the pool is 6x6m and you can not swim in it. You can use the on site recreation facilities if you are there for a day or two, but if stay longer, I would recommend that you find another place to go, you will have the same or better facilities on a better price.

As a whole the hotel staff is very helpful.

Directions:
    Some info from their site + my comments :)

Sofia International Airport
    Distance from hotel: 10 km.
    Drive time: 15 min (a bit optimistic, if the traffic is heavy, it could take up to 30 min).
    Directions: Follow dual carriage way due south for 3.5km (Brussels Blvd.) take right lane to Tzarigradsko Shosse. Travel 5.5km, turn left at Eagles Bridge. Follow road 2km, turn left and first right to Hotel.

Getting to and from the Airport
    Limousine , typical minimum charge is EUR 6.00 ( think they meant to say EUR 60.00, usually limoisines cost about EUR 50.00 from the airport to the city centre)

Super Shuttle , typical minimum charge is EUR 2.50

Taxi , typical minimum charge is EUR 13.00 (that is way too expensive, if you take a taxi from the hotel to the airport it should not be more than 10 leva which is around EUR 5.00)

Unique Quality: - PC ports,
    - in-room safe,
    - minibar,
    - coffee- and tea-making facilities,
    - satellite nad pay TV,
    - an iron and an ironing board in the room.

Directions: City Centre
    Close to National Palace of Culture (NDK)

• sofia most expansive and modarn Hotel

Thise is Hilton a 5stars hotel it's sofia most modarn and expansive hotel where you will find business men and very rich and important people staying here the price can go skyhigh.

More about Hilton Sofia

Simple Choice. Familiar place. Hilton. Sofia

by acommon1 about Hilton - Sofia

Location and Trust.

Being my 1st trip to Bulgaria, I opted for a hotel chain that I could trust. Traveling by one's self, you have to trust where you lay your head. I love challenges ... but not always.

Sofia's Hilton property met my expectations. Definitely not a luxury hotel. Purely in & out. All business.

The staff were exceptionally welcoming in their own reserved manner.

Security was visible but not overtly armed. They looked professional.

As for comfort, nothing too special but the hotel met my expectations. No special views.

The mini-executive lounge didn't meet my expectations at least when it comes to comfort. Otherwise, they nailed it with the quality of food and drinks on display. Compliments to the chef and staff that maintained the small lounge. The desserts were delightful (See picture).

Location matters. You can walk to a number of places from here.

Also, the concierge and bell men can offer you great advice as where to go in Sofia. Call me a sucker but, some how, I felt less steering by these guys. They came across authentic. Restaurant selection even makes me hungry now.

As for tours, see the concierge for help. They referred me to this one gentleman. He was awesome. A former Bulgarian Army Tank driver who really knew his way around the city and countryside. I wish that I still had his business card. If I had it to do it all over again, I would only work with this gentleman again. Plus, I'd give him a HUGE tip. People like him are hard to find. He's a quality family man that is optimistic about life.

4 - 5 * hotel in Sofia ?

by ulo

I will be going to Sofia for business. I am not familiar with this city. I would like to stay at a rather big hotel 4 - 5 *, but not the fancy top ones. It does not have to be located in the center. Could anyone advise me?

by LanceDelacroix

The best deal in Sofia is the new Grand Hotel Sofia on Gurko Street. Absolutely HUGE rooms, nicely appointed, excellent service, good restaurants and room service, and it's still cheaper than the SAS Radisson, which is the other good hotel in the center of Sofia.

(DON'T stay at the Sheraton: overpriced, tiny rooms, noisy, etc.)

BUT, here's what you really want: For a big international hotel at a bargain price, check out the Kempinski Zografski. It's got great views and good restaurants, and it's priced down because it's an older building and is not in the center. It is on a tram line and bus lines to the center, however, and you can even walk down to the center in half an hour if you like. It's in a neighborhood that has plenty of restaurants, bars, and shopping, all at local prices.

by opala

Hello your questio is very easy to answer and at the same time quite difficult :) This is because there are plenty of hotels in BUlgaria with this mark - 4-5 stars. This is the category of many of the hotels from the former communist period. I desperately don't recommend you to go there! :)
There are plenty of new and good hotels that are very close to your description. I'll suggest you a hotel that is not in the centre of the noise (Grand Hotel SOfia is in the centre but it's quite noisy there, believe me - I live 100m away from the hotel ) The one I recommend you is Hotel Hilton Sofia -

It's 10 min, walking from the National Palace of Culture and many other interesting places. Alomost every footbal team that comes to Sofia stays at this hotel.
See you:)

by Gido

Hotel Triada (Venera 5) is a good 4* place just outside of the centre. I stayed there last week. Internet connections are fine, service is good altogether.

by bk12

Check out the Harmony Hotel in Sofia. nice accomodations, staff helpful and reasonably priced, good location.

http://www.hotels-harmony.com/h1/index_en.html .

We visited from California with our family. It worked out well.

by dstefano

This site should do the trick in finding the right hotel.

cheers!