Hostel Lavele

Hostel Lavele
Booking.com Hostelworld.com HostelBookers.com

• MiyokoG's Profile Photo

Lost my wallet

The owner was quite friendly but there were some strange people who stayed in the hostel just like gang stalkers. There was a German speaking woman in the room next to me who frequently showing up in the city. There was an Indian man in the hostel showing up at the dentist I visited. The regular gang stalking activities with the same individuals. I lost my wallet on Sunday in June 2013 after I visited the church and had lunch in Halite shopping mall and went back to hostel. There were 2 Germans talking about renting a car at the hostel day before I lost my wallet. So, it could be done when I was in the hostel. There is nothing else was stolen so far.

Unique Quality: free breakfast
    you might find other visitors from the same country for the surveillance

Directions: near the catholic church and the metro station

• serenagrimaldi's Profile Photo

Sofia centre.

It is billed as a hostel, but it is more like a a little B & B. Very friendly staff, especially as I had mucked them about with bookings cancellations and re-bookings. I had booked a single room. but I think because it was quiet I was given a double. Not en-suite, but the very clean Loo and shower room was right next door.
    Plenty to eat for breakfast in nice little dining/sitting room, buffet style, and plenty of Coffee and Tea. It was only 18 Euros, and was good value for money.

Unique Quality: Great location, in centre of Sofia, easy to get to from Train and Bus station. Please beware of crooked Taxi drivers though, even the ones the hostel books for you. I have stayed in Sofia a few times, and always get the hostel to book taxis for me, but this last time the driver at the so called reputable firm charged me 10 Lev as opposed to th 4 or 5 Lev it should have been. It was no fault of the hostels, I should have arranged the price before I got in the cab!!. I did inform the hostel and hopefully it won't happen again

Directions: Town centre

More about Sofia

City GardenCity Garden

Improvised WorkspaceImprovised Workspace

Sofia Airport - Terminal 1Sofia Airport - Terminal 1

entrance to restaurantentrance to restaurant

visiting Sofia and Istanbul

by JBACHAY

My wife and I are considering flying from Slovenia to Sofia-spending time there and then taking a train to Istanbul and staying there for a few days.We would return to Sofia to fly back to Slovenia.We are seeking advice about how long to stay in both cities and how much time to allot for travel-we probably have a time frame of 5-6 days. Is this enough time or is it too ambitious? Any input is appreciated.

by delcity

one day in sofia is all you need unless you are into visiting the ladies at the gentlemens clubs.
do another post. title (sofia to istanbul train and bus information )
also you can do keyword searches using ,sofia to istanbul train infor and other keywords.

by jadellos

This would sort of answer a different question, but have you considered just flying out of Istanbul? Or do you already have roundtrip tickets from Slovenia? If you flew into one and out of the other, you'd have more time in each and not have to worry about getting back to catch the plane.

by ger4444

My own travel plan as i was in the region was the following
Sofia two days. You can by walking see the most importand sights of the city. Such as the Alexander Nevski Church, the st Nicolai Russian Church, the Banya Bashi Mosque, the Ivan Vazov National theatre, the church of St George and the president’s building. Also there are many parks to relax and cool down, such as the Yuzhen Park, where locals go for a good glass of Kamenitsa or the Tsar Boris park where locals go skating on a ramp build upon the Sovjet Army Monument This will take you a day. The next day you can visit some museums and art galleries, you can shop your way around at the Vitosha bulevard; you can visit an opera at the National Opera House.
Istanbul: you can see in five days.fisrt day: Hagia Sofia (address Aya Sofya Sq.); Blue mosque (Adress Sultanahmet Sq) ; Egyptian Baaar (adress: Misir Carsisi 2)
Topkapi palace (Address: Topkapi sarayi) ; Gran bazar (Adress Yeniçeriler Cad. and Fuatpasa Cad.) ;
Second day: Dolmabahce sarayi (adress: Dolmabahçe Cad.,) ; Galata bridge ; Hippodrome (Adress: SultanAhmet Square) and Cistern (Adress: Cad. at Divan Yolu) ;
Third day: Ibrahim Pasa Saray (address: Atmeydani 46, Sultanahmet)
Galata tower (Adress: Galata) ; Anadolu Hisar ; Yedikule Fortess ; Theodosian citywall
Fourt day: Rumeli Fortress (Adress: Rumeli hisarý) ; Taksim squaire ; Istiklal Caddesi (Adress: Istiklal Caddesi) ; (with a txi:)Bozdogan-Valens Aqueduct (Address: Unkapani)
Fifth day: a trip on the bosporus and a trip to one of thePrincess isles

Travel Tips for Sofia

Tsar Boris Park

by DPando

its a clear comunist park with some comunist sculptures like that just in the center...i took this way croosing the park through the Levski stadium where i managed to get in but the guards ....so bad behaviour ones forbade me the entrance...i just wanna to see the stadium like here in Barcelona where there is a museum and some activities to see...but those men were so stupis ones , rude and bad-mannered !!! and they kick me off from there..lol
Well thats Eastern !!!! lol

this is the entrance-fresco of...

by globetrott

this is the entrance-fresco of St. Nicolay Mirlikiiski Church.

It is always amazing for me to see, that such great church-architecture obviously survived the communiste times easily, although Religion was considdered to be " Opium for the people "

a Public pool in sofia

by ddo

their is a lot of big Public pool in sofia so if your feeling a little hot you mite just wont too visit one of the Public public swimming pool in sofia. or you go to sunny beach or nesabur perhaps to see Bulgarias Beautiful black sea coast.

I personally like this...

by Balkan_Yovo

I personally like this building very much. It's the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry located on Macedonia square and even though it's not around the main points of interest, in my humble opinion it's worth a visit.

Live music at Backstage

by ChristinaNest about Backstage

I've been there just once but I've heard a lot about it, it is supposed to be one of Sofia's best live music clubs. So if you want to sample some good Bulgarian rock and pop bands, that's the place to be. One of my favourite bands, 'Te', plays there quite often so don't miss the gig if you have a chance. The club is neither too big, nor too small, and you can watch the band right in front of the stage. I'm sorry the pic is so blurred: too many people dancing around:) Next time I'll take pictures while everybody is still sober.
You can check out what's currently going on there at programata.bg (site both in Bulgarian and English).
9pm - 4am none