Hostel Sofia

16 Pozitano Street, Sofia, 1000, Bulgaria

HostelBookers.com

Satisfaction Average

• Lovely hostel

This is a lovely hostel in a great location - about as central as you can get but still nice and quiet. The host Yvan is lovely and friendly (despite the language barrier), and even cooked us a traditional Bulgarian meal without us even asking!
    We were in fact in a similar situation to the people calling it a 'disgarce' (sic) below, having arrived a day early in Sofia and hostel mostel being fully booked. They reserved us a room at hostel Sofia and we couldn't have been happier - we even cancelled our room for the next night in hostel mostel in order to stay longer!
    It's all very clean and the beds are changed almost the second people leave, and Yvan will supply you with just about any ingredient you need whilst cooking. The only complaint would be that the tap in the toilet is a slight nuisance and the water comes out either boiling hot or cold. Don't let that put you off though, it's a quieter alternative to hostel mostel but is still in a great position to enjoy sofia's nightlife. Recommended.

Unique Quality: Lovely staff, fresh veg and lots free tea and coffee.

Directions: Just down the road from the law courts (walking up vitosha boulevard take the left immediately before the palace of justice and it is down the second street on your right above a Chinese restaurant (don't worry, it's neither loud nor smelly)).

• Jasen71's Profile Photo

Good Hostel for the Weary Backpacker

Hostel Sofia is a well located Hostel behind the National Court House, and above is a chinese restaurant in Pozitano Street. Easy enough to find and staff friendly and helpful.

Unique Quality: 1). 10 Euros a night
    2). Free Breakfast
    3). Close to central Sofia
    4). Use of Kitchen
    5). Free use of internet
    6). Laundry Service

Directions: Behind the National Court House, and is above a chinese restaurant in Pozitano Street.

• roomania's Profile Photo

Splendid Hostel in the Center

Hostel Sofia was in fact not my first choice, instead I had stumbled upon this gem of a hostel after the hostel I had reserved had no one present at reception with the doors locked at seven am. Instead I walked towards the center in search of a hostel. After traveling on a overnight train from Bucharest to Sofia, the last thing I wanted was not to have a place to stay. I came across Hostel Sofia, walked up the flight of stairs and was greeted warmly, invited in, showed to my bed and had a cup of hot tea and a traditional Bulgarian breakfast prepared for me. The family that runs Hostel Sofia, are friendly, welcoming and knowledgable. It's located a block from Sveta Nedelya Church and near to everything.

I truly enjoyed my experience, met fantastic travelers from all over the world. On my return to Sofia this spring there is no question as to where I will stay. Highly recommended!

Directions: From the Ctrl Train/Bus Station: take Tram No. 1 or 7, to the Sheraton, continue on foot via Vitosha Blvd to the Nat'l Courthouse. Then turn right on to Pozitano St. bet. Goody's rest. and the Courthouse, walk a block and then it will be on the right.

Comments