5 Sveta Nedelya Square, Sofia, 1000, Bulgaria

Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• We got bumped!!!

Despite having booked and paid for TWO rooms for two nights four months in advance the hotel management did not have a room for us on arrival!

WE were sent off to a small (but admittedly excellent) hotel further along Vitosha Bulevard - this was very small compensation having just spent 11 hours on a train getting there.

I suspect that they preferred to take the higher paying conference delgates who seemed to be hogging the entire hotel.

Anyway Sheraton is not the only hotel chain - I will take my business elsewhere in future.

• lifeisatrip's Profile Photo

Sheraton

Although we were assigned a well-appointed room, I found the bathroom to be less than 5-star quality with water leaking from the shower to the floor through the cracked wall. It was not pleasing to the eyes. It actually, grossed me out. Also, the only available room was with two single beds.

Breakfast buffet was more than adequate with both hot and cold entrees, bacon, sausages (2 kinds), scrambled and boiled eggs, potatoes, mushrooms, tomatoes, different kinds of fruit juices, cereals, breads, fresh fruits, etc.

Service was great. The shuttle bus ride to and from the airport was free. The spa offers a great massage; quite pricey, however.

Oh, and I like the casino. I won 300+ leva with my 40 leva. :)

Unique Quality: Very central location.

Directions: It's in the city center just around the corner from the Presidency.

• OnTheRoadGoombah's Profile Photo

Great Business Hotel

I found the Sheraton conveniently located although it is currently in an area of construction and the street traffic was a little busy. I tend to stay in apartments or smaller local hotels except when traveling on business, so I would never stay here on personal travel. But when being reimbursed, I can enjoy the luxury of a great hotel. The breakfast was good, and the staff friendly, yet not that attentive.

Directions: The hotel is located between the main shopping mall and the high end shopping district of Sofia. The prices in the area tended to be much higher than in other parts of the city, but I was able to find a few good restaurants in the area.

• joel_europa's Profile Photo

Big price, but not impressed.

I am not sure if it is just me, but I did not enjoy my time in the Sheraton. At first I arrived and the driver had to pay the parking attendant just to drop me off at the lobby. I ignored the situation with the parking attendant because I was looking forward to explore the city. I then arrived to the front doors and I was impressed by the lobby that I figured my room would give me the same feeling, but I was mistaken. I arrived into my room, and immediately I had to get transferred into another room because there were a lot of bugs on the bed and the curtains. I couldn’t believe it! I know these things happen, so I was polite and asked for a transfer. My next was room was OK, but still not what I expected. To get the point, I think I might have been OK in a hotel that was less expensive.

• LanceDelacroix's Profile Photo

it has its uses

Ridiculously overpriced: a "status" hotel. Small rooms, car alarms going off all night in the parking lot... but... The restaurant just inside the front door is excellent. If you're coming into Sofia for the day, this is a great place to eat lunch and use the facilities. And the concierge is a great source of information for anything you might want.

• viddra's Profile Photo

The Heart Of Sofia

Unique Quality: The deluxe hotel's situated in the heart of Sofia.

It offers rooms, suites, restaurants, casino, health club...

• bchurchill's Profile Photo

Can't beat the Sheraton!

First of all, the hotel is connected to the Presidential Palace...need I say more about the location. In between the Palace and the hotel is the Rotunda of St. George. It is one of the few hotels in Europe that do not have the two twin beds pushed together to make a queen, they have actual Queen Beds!

Unique Quality: Great view from either side

• hekate's Profile Photo

Just another expensive hotel

The building is old. There are no recreation facilities on site.

The biggest advantage is the good location.

My overall impression is that the hotel is overpriced.

The picture is not mine :) Actually the rooms are quite big but they are not that good as the picture.

Unique Quality: - free airport pick-up
    - satellite and pay television
    - in-Room Safe
    - work desk

General Directions From Sofia International Airport

Take the Tzarigradsko Shausse Boulevard. Continue past the University of Sofia. Bear right until coming to Knyaz Dondoukov Boulevard. Head directly towards Sveta Nedelya Square. The hotel is located on the left hand side of the square.

Close to:
    National Museum of Archeology - 150 m
    National Theatre - 300 m
    The Central Baths - 300 m
    The Synagogue - 300 m

Directions: Right at the heart of city centre

• hotel

a close look at the the hotel wheir the president of the united states of america in 1999 stayed at.

• sofia 2nd most expansive hotel

thise is the Hotel that Presedent Clinton stayed at in 1999 on his vist to Bulgaria back then thise was the best hotel in sofia but now it's in 2nd best hotel but coast are still high.

• peter_dimov's Profile Photo

A class hotel with decades of history

My stay in Sheraton was during my prom night. And here I could see all the quality. It is true that new hotels like Radisson and Hilton have it all plus a quite new buildings and all the stuff but Sheraton comes in front with its years of tradition in welcoming its guests.

Unique Quality: The hotel is right in the heart of Sofia - all the interesting sights are just meters away. In front of the hotel is the metro station. The line connects the center with whole NW part of Sofia and in some years it will go to the southern city areas.

Directions: Next to Bulbank, The Presidency and the Minister Council

• gebezis's Profile Photo

This is the Sheraton hotel...

This is the Sheraton hotel here in Sofia - at night.
    I've never used it but I'm sure it's great!

Directions: In the center itself facing the 'St Nedelya' chirch.

• CliffClaven's Profile Photo

Balkan Sheraton Hotel

No other hotel in Sofia can beat the Sheraton for location. It is right in the city centre, a few minutes' walk from government offices, shops and a decent Irish pub. In the old days, before it was taken over by Sheraton, it was known as the Balkan Hotel and faced an imposing statue of Lenin. A banner strung along the roof proclaimed 'Forward to Communism'. Nowadays, the square in front is ringed with nightclubs and fastfood restaurants, and usually jammed with imported Mercs and Beamers.

Comments